Home

Monkey Island RPG?

Donkey

If lucas arts, (saying that the market isnt there for MI adventure games) what genres of gaming would you like to see monkey island do?

Space simulator?

Piraty naval simulator, like Pirates of the carribean, sea dogs, swashbucklers and captain blood or age of sail?

The Sims?

First person shooter (First person insult swordfighter FPIS)?

RTS, like the game command and conquer, or like age of empires (allready been done in the form of starwars:galactic battlegrounds)?

RPG in the style of TES, or my favorite idea for a none adventure game monkey island, in the style of Planescape torment?

3rd person platformer (following in the direction that the Indiana jones adventure game series has gone down)?

Management sim, (of melee island, building up to managing monkey island, opening starbuckeners and zombie rollercoasters)?

If not one of these genres, then other then a point an click adventure game, which of the other styles of gaming would monkey island fit best?

Technically yes, but more RPG's are games where you build up stats and so on and customize your characters, whereas guybrush is a linear "one guy, one personality" character.

Basically, in an RPG, your character can have whatever name and take whatever attitude towards the game world. You have almost total freedom with the character, whereas in Monkey Island, you can generally only have the freedom that the choices presented giove yopu, and even then, the game is pretty linear (despite the non-linearity of the first 3 games, but you can't die, and you still end up doing the same thing each time, even if you do it in a different order or something)

Also, in RPGs, you get to make money, and choose different weapons or spells or whatever to and the choices you make effect the gameplay and so one.

All in all, In Monkey Island, you do take the role of Guybrush and so you could call it an RPG, but people are just weird and annoying that way and like to define things, so Monkey Island is a point n click adventure game.

Just thought I'd clear that up for ya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Joshi

Yeah, fan made ones are nice, but it would be nice to have one with actual graphics and so on, i.e, created by Lucasarts (or a better publisher, but let's not start with the wishful thinking)

Agreed, I'd like to see this too. Monkey Island is a GREAT game no matter how you slice it, but I'd like to see it take the full RPG status.

I don't like it.

I Like having to figure out how to die in each SCUMM game. In RPG's, you walk around a 2d overview map, and walk around and play in real-time hack and slash, or sometimes the spell/attack select. Still, not the MI I know and love. But, I don't like change. I refuse to play EMI, and when I play CMI, I used to turn the voices off, just because it was too different.

Want on-line monkey fun???

In msn messenger plus, type insults from the series. A preset diologe box will appear, just like the games. And you even have to here a comeback before you can use it. You fight like a dairy farmer!

First you'd better stop waving it around like a feather duster!

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

I look that much like your Fiancee'?

Although I like that you are an animal charmer.

Archived