Home

Biiiiig Update!

The_One

Originally posted by EnforcerSG

Wow, very nice. I am very excited, have been for a while now.

I like Taley, I like it a lot.

But the rifle that we see in Jabba's ship... I always thought of it as a small, thin, light weapon, not the cannon I see there.

The concussion rifle may be a little large. We still have time to tweak the size before the final version is released . . .

*De-lurking*

About the concussion rifle... I actually have great fondness for the original design in DF. I have no problem with making it a little bit larger, but the addition a grip on the side does rankle me a little bit. In my mind, the concussion rifle will always be associated with a really good look at Kyle's arm when firing.:p I'm not the greatest of purists, but I do think that the original design, without the grip, is a lot more graceful and "cool." Did anyone else even notice, or am I alone on that...?

*Shimmering sound*

Originally posted by Ackehallgren

I don't think you guys will finish this mod, cause after this demo is released, Lucasarts will ringaling and want you all to work there...

YOU GUYS RULE!

Too bad i already have a good job ;)

But a few team members really would like to have a job in professional game industry :p

We will finish this mod in any way. Either ourselves, or with professional help, it basically doesn't matter, as long as it makes fun and it gets done :D

Originally posted by I.M.H.D.

*De-lurking*

About the concussion rifle... I actually have great fondness for the original design in DF. I have no problem with making it a little bit larger, but the addition a grip on the side does rankle me a little bit. In my mind, the concussion rifle will always be associated with a really good look at Kyle's arm when firing.:p I'm not the greatest of purists, but I do think that the original design, without the grip, is a lot more graceful and "cool." Did anyone else even notice, or am I alone on that...?

*Shimmering sound*

Here is the original game sprite for the concussion rifle

http://168.103.28.118/pub/df/df_concussion.png

that should clear things up . . .

It does have a grip. I think its just hard to see coz Kyle's hand is in the way.

The idea behind all the weapons was for them to look as bad ass as possible, simple really. Took some ideas from Red Faction, which is one of my fav games.

I thought the concussion rifle looked perfect, although upon closer inspection I can understand why some people thought it looked larger. I like it the way it is; I just want to see the firing effect now: the blue thing and the guys sent flying :D. That was always one of my favorite weapons.

What I wonder about is the Jeron Fusion Cutter's size. It seems strange filling the whole screen, but I didn't use it much in DF, so I'd have to go back and check to be sure. I'd also like to say that it looks like it could have been pulled straight from one of the newest shooters, between its extremely detailed appearance and what's probably a shader giving the impression that it has some super-advanced lighting effects on it.

I can't wait to see what the Dark Trooper weapon looks like in action...too bad that won't be in the demo.:(

No, the conc is a lot fatter.

I always thought the handle was for the kick. It was just my imagination, but I just thought it was light as a feather, just as thin, but kicked something nasty.

Oh well, different Stoukes for different folks. I will still play and love the mod even with the fat conc, it is still cool.

Archived