Home

BioWare rocks

Reborn Outcast

Well, after KOTOR, BioWare is officially pimped out for RPG's, and they're coming out with two new ones sometime in the future and I was wondering if anyone had seen them before.

Jade Empire

(Sadly, only for XBox.)

Dragon Age

(Not very far into development, but it was voted best of show for E3 2004.)

Edit: Dragon Age will also be shipped with mod tools to let players create custom content.

Bioware games are truly sweet. Neverwinter Nights was a game that I played for a long time, but I sold it because I hated that they released 2 expansions, which weren't really cheap either :/

But I think KOTOR is their best game!

The only two things that may seem disturbing is that they don't really do games for all engines and they always use NWN gameplay style, which is a +/- to some gamers.

Originally posted by sushiman

Bioware games are truly sweet. Neverwinter Nights was a game that I played for a long time, but I sold it because I hated that they released 2 expansions, which weren't really cheap either :/

Shadows of Undrentide may have sucked, but Hordes of the Underdark ruled.

Indeed ! :p

there are only 4 things I would paint myself like Rambo and go to war for :

1. Someone attacked Australia

2. Someone attacked my homeland, Cyprus(.........)

3. Someone needed an army to help capture GW, tar and feather him, and dip him in a vat of boiling dogsh*t

4. Someone attacked Bioware :p

oh, ok

5. Someone attacked square/enix (they better come up with the biz in FF12!)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

But I wish they would do that more than keep on churning out the same old D&D clones year after year.

but...Jade Empire isn't even going to be the same style of RPG as KOTOR.....and KOTOR was vastly different from Baldurs Gate series.....I mean, they're a company that makes RPG's, what do you expect? :xp:

Werd. Banging Viconia all the way!! YEA!!...I mean...uh...tee hee...*leaves*

I never followed the romantic sidequest with Viconia, because I was never evil:(, but I did go after Jaheira and Aerie :)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

but...Jade Empire isn't even going to be the same style of RPG as KOTOR.....and KOTOR was vastly different from Baldurs Gate series.....I mean, they're a company that makes RPG's, what do you expect? :xp:

I wasn't referring to them in that way. I was say ing they were something different. And I liked that.

I was talking about their otehr projects, and some very similar ones from other companies.

SO MAYBE YOU UNDERSTAND ME NOW? ;)

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Indeed ! :p

there are only 4 things I would paint myself like Rambo and go to war for :

1. Someone attacked Australia

2. Someone attacked my homeland, Cyprus(.........)

3. Someone needed an army to help capture GW, tar and feather him, and dip him in a vat of boiling dogsh*t

4. Someone attacked Bioware :p

oh, ok

5. Someone attacked square/enix (they better come up with the biz in FF12!)

mtfbwya

You're forgetting impersonating forums...

Oh yes, and Bioware's new stuff sounds interesting, maybe DA will be good...

Originally posted by ET Warrior

BioWare rocked long before KOTOR, Baldurs Gate anyone? :D

When i played Baldurs Gate, i knew no one would never do such a really cool game...unfortunatly i bought NWN thinking that it'd be like BG but it really sucked.. :rolleyes: (comparing it to BG)

Originally posted by LightNinja

When i played Baldurs Gate, i knew no one would never do such a really cool game...unfortunatly i bought NWN thinking that it'd be like BG but it really sucked.. :rolleyes: (comparing it to BG)

I have to agree with you on that one..... the story and the characters didn't really grab me, unfortunately. Besides, I'd prefer a game with excellent 2d graphics over crappy 3d graphics (imo NWN's graphics weren't on par with other games of that time).

Archived