Home

Kerry on Iraq

yaebginn

Originally posted by yaebginn

You guys still havent commented on kerry on iraq which I am very curious to see you guys deny.

His position on Iraq is clear. Kerry supported the invasion and has stated that he would do so again, even knowing that there were no weapons of mass destruction. I happen to take issue with Kerry on this point and disagree with his position. War in Iraq was an illogical endeavor at the time it was conducted, primarily because it sacrificed the so-called War on Terror and detracted from the so-called Homeland Security Agency's development and implementation.

Kerry voted "No" in 1991 in regards to the original Persian Gulf War, citing his reason as not being willing to get involved in a conflict that didn't have sufficient public support. At this point in time, few Americans knew or understood the value of Kuwait, the politics of the region, or the reasons for going to war. Many Americans were aware that at one point, the U.S. supported Hussein/Iraq, which was aligned with us agains Iran (who took hostages at the U.S. Embassy in the 1970's).

During the Clinton administration, Kerry voted to involve the United States in conflict with Iraq, which was not complying with the U.N. Sanctions or the weapons inspectors.

In the most recent invasion of Iraq, Kerry voted "Yes," as did the vast majority of congress who were told by the Bush Administration "officials" (Rice, Powell, Rumsfeld, Cheney, et al) that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction that threatened the safety and security of United States soil. Cheney even made implications that Saddam had nuclear weapons poised to detonate on U.S. targets.

Kerry has since made it clear that he believes the removal of Saddam Hussein was the right thing to do and would do so again.

There has been no additional votes on whether or not the U.S. should go to war with Iraq.

What don't you understand about Kerry's position?

During the Democrats Conference (BTW if i get details wrong, its because i live in the UK) Kerry made a speech. In this speech he said something, or implied that America was all on its own against the War on Terror. Again please correct me if i am wrong. The News Channels over here were furious. Britain has staked her security and no doubt the Labour Government will not get re-elected because of the fact that we allied ourself with America. Kerry maybe did not mean to imply this, and im sure he didnt - Angering Britain is NOT a good idea if you want to become the President. America and Britain are too closely related.

If Kerry wants to be elected, he has to tread carefully and not offend America's allys. We could pull out of Iraq if America doesnt want us there!

Just out of interest, did the news channels in America report on the fact that Kerry ignored Britain (and other ally's of America)?

edit: I feel sorry for voters in America! The political system seems far too complex to me, but maybe it has to be in a nation as large as the US.

cyber, thats why I want Bush to stay here. I like the way we are allies with other countries, and I dont want Kerry to screw it up.

Skin- did u even watch the video? his position changed very often. He siad himself that Iraq was a threat and needed to be dealt with at all costs.

Skin- did you even watch the video? his position changed very often. He said himself that Iraq was a threat and needed to be dealt with at all costs.

I think he still says that. At least he did last week. I disagree with him on that point. Iraq needed to be dealt with, but not at the cost of sacrificing resources that could have went to the so-called war on terror.

cyber, thats why I want Bush to stay here. I like the way we are allies with other countries, and I dont want Kerry to screw it up.

:eyeraise: WHAT?!? You want Bush in office because you want Allies? Do you not realize that almos the entire WORLD HATES us because of how we handled the Iraq situation? Not just the middle east either, we stepped on a LOT of toes when we told the UN that they could shove their decision. Bush has tarnished our name in the world community.

The only opponents that seem to have done anything are Germany, Russia, and France.

All other countries do not hate America, sure they regret (and we in the UK regret) what happened with the UN, and i'm sure everyone in America regretted it as well, but after it, a lot of the world united to help Iraq. Soldiers from many places of the world, and contractor from even more countries all helped to rebuild Iraq.

errmmmmm.. noone (or at least germany) HATES the us. and even if someone says he does, the most dont do really.. (they are all so emotional) .. it's more that we (as some americans do) put some actions of "america" in question.

i'm well aware of the fact that the actions of the bush administration are not necessarily those of every single american.

hate is such a powerful word, but most of the people who use it dont even know what 'hate' is. they hate it to miss the bus, hate commercial breaks, hate if it rains, hate it if something doesnt runs like they want to. and so they hate bluescreens, microsoft, the government in duty, the parking ticket lady, the speed limit, if it's too hot, if it's too cold, fanatics, muslims, bush, america, kerry, terrorists, children playing in the backyard. :rolleyes:

[edit]btw.. germany has soldiers in afghanistan, we just don't take an "active" part in the war in iraq.

I got carried away, as it was late and I was in a hurry to get to bed.

MANY of our allies are upset with us. We told them all to take a flying leap when they said that there was no justification in attacking Iraq. We didn't care what the international community thought about it, and we did it anyway.

for thirders- the guy in the water was drowing, I dont think he had a good idea of what was going on.

That isn't what he said. He said there were bullets flying about. But he was only there, why should we believe him. :rolleyes:

fourthers- we are off topic. this is about Kerry in iraq, we got off topic a few posts from the start.

You mean where YOU started bringing the SWIFVETS into this, but now you are loosing you don't want to talk about them. Flame Removed.

I didnt read the last two posts b4 this one, cause they were all smeared up.

Well, i'm so glad that i spent all that time finding an IMPARTIAL SOURCE that had ACTUALLY INVESTIGATED the allegations you so happily support. And i spent all that time posting them in so that you MIGHT ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING.

But then you don't happen to like what they say so you dismiss them out of hand. Well, there is the mark of a rational, deductive mind. :rolleyes:

If you actually BOTHER to look on that site you will find that it analyses the ads of both campaigns, and points out the lies and truth behind BOTH of them. You might actually find out some REAL FACTS. If you wanted that, which it is clear you do not.

you guys still havent commented on kerry on iraq which I am very curious to see you guys deny.

Yes we have, lots of us. Skin especially. The fact you ignore or don't (or won't or can't) understand the complexities of the issue isn't our problem.

There are currently about 4 threads in which people have politely bothered to post the information you asked for, and in every single one you have either ignored it, dismissed it out of hand, changed the subject or simply run away from it.

So in weeks of debates on many subjects you have learned nothing, re-evaluated your opinion on nothing and annoyed everyone by refusing to actually debate in a sensible manner. Nicely done.

i'm so glad i wasted my time on you...:rolleyes::mad:

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I got carried away, as it was late and I was in a hurry to get to bed.

MANY of our allies are upset with us. We told them all to take a flying leap when they said that there was no justification in attacking Iraq. We didn't care what the international community thought about it, and we did it anyway.

even Japan sent help.

toms- he was drowning, what are you on about? Kerry siad he saved his drowning friend from the water.

coward.
resorting to flames already? I am dissapointed in you. and I mentioned the swiftvets and how nbc edited out their response. I believe it was InsaneSith who got on about them and how full of crap they are.

Um, or I didnt have the time cause I had to go to church, either one.

I ddint make you waste your time. and in whta 4 threads? I can count 2. The pipe one, and this one. whta others? and in a sensible matter? How come I am like, the only one (maybe besides skin,) to not flame? Maybe the worst I said was 'thats dumb' or 'that response makes no sense' when all you guys who supposedly are super mature resort to calling me a coward, and in other threads, a f-ing moron, and an ignorant b-stard, I mena, I've been called alot by many others who supposedly are more mature then me. You guys sure arent proving it.

I wouldn't call anyone immature if I were you. You've completely ignore every single sensible argument anyone put up in your face, especially in the Pipe Smoking thread.

We debate against people who are ready to admit when they're in the wrong. We do the same when we are.

Back on Topic:

I wouldn't brag about Japan sending help. After their journalists(or was it diplomats I can't remember) japanese public opinion of the war has gone down. I can't say if it was ever up. Same in Spain and Australia.

Archived