DEV or not DEV.. that is the question.

reltes

is bobby a DEV?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. is bobby a DEV?

• yes
    • no

Originally posted by Bobby's Helmet

We also used Pandemics home made level editor wich was an AWEFUL piece of software but did a decent enough job. It dates right back to its OOOOLLLD games, so I think they are scrapping it now and coming up with something new for the sequel.

This old game is Battlezone2. Or was there something before it? Why is it awful?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just is. there are too many bugs in it to list here.

It was annoying, One of the many bugs was that you would spend ages placing objects then hit a wrong key and then all of a sudden there would be objects floating everywhere that you can't grab or select. So you would then have to restart your whole computer and start all over again.

Stuff like that just annoyed the arse off me. But it did its job in the end I guess.

And yes, it was the one from Battlezone. So you can see how old it is. LOL

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

hmm, you do seem convincing.

well i hope you are what you say you are.

and if so do you know any more game info or secrets?

The question is not whether he knows or not, rather whether he can and willing to give them. After all, giving out secrets pretty much ruins the secretness of them, won't you agree?

Do I have to say, I TOLD YOU SO!!! LOL

Well in regards to secrets, I don't know what you want from me there.

I know an awful lot, but there is also alot I don't know.

tfighter pilot, said can I tell you secrets, well I guess I can now cos I am no longer at Pandemic so I could tell you allsorts. Even what they have planned for the next two versions ;)

But that would be gibving away too much wouldn't it???

OH YEAH!! I am still waiting for the you to say SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOU!!! thejeditraitor.

Come on its not too hard to do is it :)

Gosh you do push your luck don't ya.

I will be lucky to get a free copy myself never mind anyone else.

I could tell you that the toilets smelled of salmon AFTER the cleaner had been in, I could tell you that Pandemic gave us FREE diners every night while making it. We got oatmeal in the mornings after working OVERNIGHT on the bloody tight deadlines that lucasarts kept throwing at us. I shared a lift with Jeniifer love Hewitt, Her agency was a few floors below. I used to get told off my the other workers cos I farted alot. :)

Although this isn't concrete, it makes me laugh.

Bobby, since you're around I hope you wouldn't mind answering this question about the map editor and related items: will the game ship with a map editor and mod tools or is the plan to release them on the internet at some other time? Also, wasn't quite sure from your comments if they are coding a new one specifically for this game?

Thanks.

I doubt they will ship it with the editor. I can imagine they might release a version for you guys somewhere along the lines but I wouldn't count on it. Like I said its POO.

The new one I mentioned was not one for release with the game but they were planning on scrapping the old one after this project so that they could develop a new, more up to date editor for the sequals. Although I might be wrong as they always seem to change their minds at the last minute.

Anyway, I am off now. I have been bored and on here all afternoon. But I better go do something a little more constructive.

I might be on a little later. Bye for now.

This is the best thread we had here in a long time. I enjoy reading it.

I have a little question to the (fake) developer myself too. I can imagine it's quit amusing to read us guesing and wishing what would be in the game. What was fpr you the most funny think to read (except form this thread)?

LOL, u guys are treating him like a king, no wonder he likes coming here. I imagine it must be amusing seeing us constantly go ,"arg I want this game soo much' and seeing our way off speculations. What kind of stuff in the future? What did u hear about? Anything in the way of new Star Wars games or whatever? Any dirt you may have gotten before you left, dish it out. What are they gonna do? Fire you? You hear of (even though they are different companies) the makers of Rougue squadron 2 and 3 making it for the PC and not just gamecube?

on another note, man, batman was a good movie, eh revlt? The old 60s version was hilarious. With the crappy batmobile and everything being labelled in the batmobile and 'shark repellant spray' that was great. The yare comign out with a new batman called Batman Beginnings and it has alot of big dudes. Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, that old guy (not Robert Duvall) in Second Hand Lions. Go batman. I am a superhero you know. I have a utility belt, and am gonna get a hat that says me hero name' Lunchbox' and I go, 'Its Lunchtime' when I am about to fight or when I use the bathroom, 'Time to empty the thermos' its magical

I would answer a question for my first post, and then only post intelligent answers to questions. (the answers pure baloney, of course) I'd use great typing. Puncuation and all. and , when suspiction got aroused about me, I'd say I was the Lead Sound Designer at Pandemic. and make up fake answers, then, when serious questions about my job arise, I'd go to Google and look up sound programs and say we were using them.

Archived