Home

A way to include Space Battles in SWGB2

Darth Windu

I suppose i should start by saying that in my previous post, i was speaking from the perspective of LA, not claiming that i am in any way, shape or form, affiliated with them.

Vostok - again, im going to go ahead and disagree. Consumers will be much more prepared to part with their funds for a single game as opposed to a double, and in terms of re-couping costs and whatnot, you simply create an x-pac at the same time as the original game, then release it a bit later. This also means that the best talent doesnt have to de divided between ground or space RTS', and that gamers will have a more epic feel for the SW universe by being able to control the major aspects of it, rather than one or the other.

Viceroy - i dont know if you noticed or not, but in my template the maximum number of ships, including Starfighter Squadrons, is 7 - not "millions".

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would want to have this is a space battle map:

Airspeeder or Snowspeeder

X-wings

Y-wings

B-wings

A-wings

E-wings

V-wings

K-wings

Rebel Medium Transport

Rebel Blockade Runners

Mon Calamari Star Cruiser

Millenium Falcon

Tie Fighters

Tie Interceptors

Tie Advanced

Tie Avenger

Tie Bomber

Imperial Lander

Imperial Lambda Class Shuttle

Imperial Class I Star Destroyer

Imperial Class II Star Destroyer

Imperial Super Star Destroyer

That would be a cool game!

Windu when did i say their would be millions of ships.

Did anyone say i needed to obey what someones template says?

Joe wouldn't that be overkill since a super star destroyer could propably beat all of that unless it was overwhelming numbers and some of the capitol ships had sucicdal captains and did a few kamikazees

Vostok- I'm agreeing with Windu on this one I do not want to buy two seperate games. I would choose one or the other. If they were released a couple of years apart then maybe but otherwise I would miss out on one.

I would love to have space and ground all in the one game. If LA can pull it off then that will be the new standard set for all other RTS games.

Even froz agrees with what i said.

2 Star wars RTS games at the same time would be competeing for customers. especially with the console and PC owners since PS2 i think is getting some more supposedly good games as well as X Box i can't speak for those 2 but i certainly know that Gamcubes getting some with Mertoid Prime 2 the New Kick Ass Looking Legend Of Zelda Starfox 2 Which i can't wait to come out since i lover Lylat wars and the starfox for the snes The Curoious Starfox advbentures 2 and Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red for Gameboy Advance.

makes this year and next look like the beggining of Nintendo's Grand Franchise Gaming Offensive

UBER OWNAGE.

Yeah, I never said at the same time. Another thing the software industry never does is release two competing products at the same time.

Windu and Froz, I'm not talking about sales to the individual, I'm talking about resource allocation for production of software. A game that's trying to include space battles as well as ground battles will not get anymore resources allocated to make it than if they left out space battles altogether.

Viceroy -

I'm personally against each side having millions of space craft maybe in between 10-20 designs.

Vostok - i still disagree with you

Joe - apart from the utter stupidity of having an AIRspeeder flying through space, your list contains far too much EU material. Some glaring examples are the K-wing, V-wing (which goes against the Rebel gameplay style), E-wing etc. In addition, what possible role would the Medium Transport or Lambda Shuttle perform?

Not this argument about to much EU again.

It is compelty brainless to assume after Episode 6 that nothing happens. how many people would say that in WW2 after the battle of kursk nothing happened. it's the same as saying nothing after the battle of endor nothing happened.

Onbviously people mistook me i meant millions of designs and i mean each side should have in between 10-20 designs.

Brainless questions again what else would a shuttle or transport do itn would shuttle or transport forces from planet to planet.

Viceroy - but we arent trying to set the game 50 years after Episode 6. In my template, the player goes from the Clone Wars until the battle where the Rebels take Coruscant. This is because going too far beond that will alienate the vast majority of game buyers and reduce the overall quality of the game. Therefore, EU rubbish like the E, K and V-wings are irrelevant.

As for the Lambda Shuttle and Medium Transport, when you consider that this thread is about a Space RTT, and i have said that planets will only be for decoration, i would say it's pretty brainless to say that they would transport forces from planet to planet.

Viceroy - you are correct in that this thread is about getting space battles into SWGB2. However, one of the points i was making is that to include a space RTS is far too complex, and also if you are using space forces to transport troopers to planets, that somewhat defeats the purpose in having the ground based RTS.

It is compelty brainless to assume after Episode 6 that nothing happens
It seems Viceroy has a new favourite word to replace "truth". Expect to see "brainless" in just about all Viceroy's posts from now on.

While on the subject of brainless assumptions, I should point out that Star Wars is a story, and not real life. What happens after Romeo and Juliet die? What happens after Alice leaves Wonderland? What heppens when Dorothy is safely back hom in Kansas? No one knows, and for the most part no one cares. That's because these are STORIES, just like Star Wars is a story. What happens before "once upon a time" and after "everyone lives happily ever after" is of no consequence, or it too would be included in the story.

Now, back on topic, I will concur that the thread should move back to discussing space battles in GB2 as opposed to a separate title. I suppose Windu's idea could work, but rather than having the option to "turn it off" there should rather be the option to play a single random map game, or a Conquer the Galaxy type game, with space battles only taking place in the Conquer the Galaxy game.

Originally posted by FroZticles

Star Wars is far more advanced than any of those movies. If its just a story to you why are you on these forums for like 3 years now?

I never said there was anything wrong with it being a story. Why can't I love a story this much? Of course it's a story, what else could it be?

Or do you think Star Wars is real? :eyeraise:

In this regard i agree with Vostok. Star Wars is not onl a story, it is more specifically the story of Anakin Skywalker and the events occuring around him. The six films chrocile Anakin's entry as a iJedi, his fall from power and subsequent return to the light side to save the life of his son. Therefore, after RotJ there is no more story to tell. Certainly the people and the events keep rolling on, but in regards to the core of SW it is completely and utterly unimportant.

Archived