Home

Can you use a vehicle as a droideka?

_reTrY

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mountainforest

Droids piloting vehicles doesn't make sense in the first place, because the seperatists vehicles are droids themself.

It makes more sense than a jetpack trooper flying into a hailfire droid and get inside it, as was showed in two gameplay movies...

Not all droid vehicles are droid, the AAT is a normal tank.

Not nesseserily, e.g. astromechs manifest even more apparent limbs shortage and they can do quite a lot when it comes to piloting a starship :p.

Seriously though, some simplifications in BF seem to be going a little too far .:eek:. Especially those concerning droid army.

But all in all the balance issue stands first...

Originally posted by jedijohn

yeah the game needs to be balanced if the droideka and the sbd couldn't pilot then it would be unfair

There's a different between balancing and making all sides the same. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is very balanced, but in what cost? All the races are the same exept the graphic and one special unit. To me, it looks like Battlefront is gonna do the same thing.

I agree, this game should has as much varietion as possible, currently all factions have the basic units and basic vehicles it seems. So the only thing to do is to modify all those "basic" units a bit different from eachother. For Example, Rebel Anti-vehicle unit can shoot two "rockets" before reloading. Imperial unit can only shoot one rocket before reloading, but it has more range and travels faster. You could also modify reloading times, health, range, accuracy ( I believe they already have in Rebel vs Imperial trooper ), shooting speed. And more specialities, like Droideka couldn't Drive vehicles since it seems it's pretty powerful on its own..... or atleast should be ;)

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

There's a different between balancing and making all sides the same. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is very balanced, but in what cost? All the races are the same exept the graphic and one special unit. To me, it looks like Battlefront is gonna do the same thing.

Your totally right. Thats exactly what I hope will make battlefront a far better game then battlefield. But I think the vehicles will prevent all sides from being the same.

Originally posted by Jason Fett

Well thats really god damn stupid then.So whats the point to having pilots?

Have you ever played battlefield? There the engineers aren't the only ones who can pilot a vehicle too.

On the countrary, in this game the engineers will probably have much more possibilitys in battlefield. They can repair a vehicle while sitting in it, they can build buidlings, they can heal like a medic. And from what I've seen they even got a decent weapon.

Archived