Home

Can you use a vehicle as a droideka?

_reTrY

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mountainforest

Have you ever played battlefield? There the engineers aren't the only ones who can pilot a vehicle too.

On the countrary, in this game the engineers will probably have much more possibilitys in battlefield. They can repair a vehicle while sitting in it, they can build buidlings, they can heal like a medic. And from what I've seen they even got a decent weapon.

And that's why they're called engineers and not pilots. They make a class named pilot and looks like a pilot, and it has nothing to do with piloting. It's incredibly silly.

I dunno know loggically the droideka shouldnt be able to pilot(cmon it rolls around in a ball to move) and it has no hands. Now thank about it, how would the opposing army be able to steal and pilot the separtists vehicles with their hands and drive them when 2 of the droid classes have to plug into it to make it fuctional...........? makes no sense.........

The same way a droid pilots an x-wing, theres a cockpit and than theres a droid input area where they can plug in. Don't you guys think yall are getting a little too into this? If you don't think its possible to fly with a droiddeka than don't fly with one...

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

What bother me more is that droids are vehicles. It would be cool if those so called vehicles were selectable classes. Hailfire droid is no less of a droid than the droideka.

I don't think that will be very balanced.

The reason the 'pilot' isn't the only one who can pilot a vehicle, is that vehicles make up a very big part of the game. If teh only way to acces that part of the game is the pilot, then everybody will be one.

Originally posted by Mountainforest

I don't think that will be very balanced.

The reason the 'pilot' isn't the only one who can pilot a vehicle, is that vehicles make up a very big part of the game. If teh only way to acces that part of the game is the pilot, then everybody will be one.

So why calling it a pilot? They should've call it engineer or something. Pilot is misleading.

Wierd how the people who say they dont want droidekas piloting are the same people who say they dont care if its realistic or not...

Its all about the balance...

If the clones had all their classes able to drive vehicles and the seperatists only had 3, it wouldnt be very fair and nobody would want to be a Super Battle Droid or a Droideka since everyone wants to pilot vehicles.

Instead of saying its bullsh*t from the very beginning try and figure out WHY its that way. My guess is that its the way it is for the above reason.

And I agree they should call the Pilot a Support class, unless it still has the eject function..

No they cant dude, it wouldnt make sense!

Don't you just love when people mouth off without knowing the truth. :rolleyes: I know that all characters can pilot vehicles, because it's in one of the articles I read. And this is a game, not real, so somethings will not make sense in a real world. And the 'dekas are not all powerful. I have seen many movies that show them being blown up. There shield is not impervious. And when it is down 3 or 4 hits kill them.

The answer to this is YES, ALL characters can pilot a vehicle.

Thank you, you have it from horses mouth. (Thats a saying in the USA, not to call you a horse Bobby.LOL)

Originally posted by THE BADGER:

Don't you just love when people mouth off without knowing the truth. :rolleyes: I know that all characters can pilot vehicles, because it's in one of the articles I read. And this is a game, not real, so somethings will not make sense in a real world. And the 'dekas are not all powerful. I have seen many movies that show them being blown up. There shield is not impervious. And when it is down 3 or 4 hits kill them.

Many... movies?

Many... movies?

Yeah you know the IGN movies, and other ones. One I remember in particular is when a 'deka is shooting and taking hits from a blaster, each hit takes a little off of his shield and then he finally gets blown up even though he has his shield up. So they are not impervious as some might have thought.

balancing is very easy if you have the same classes and stuff and only model and texture changes. When you have total other stuff you will never be able to balance it perfectly, the team experience will matter the most of course though. Take wolfenstein, both sides are perfectly identical, and for savage they are totally different.

what will set battlefront more apart from battlefield in balancing is the vehicles i believe. They are more different from each other than just another model of a tank. I think droidekas and super battledroid shouldnt qua looks be able to pilot a vehicle, but if their infantry power is balanced with those of the clone troopers i think they should be able to pilot them

infantry wont be that different from each other, vehicles will. I just hope anti vehicles will be strong because in bfv i HATE the choppers

All characters but the droideka can pilot vehicles. The droideka IS a vehicle in itself when it transforms. The same button you push to enter a vehicle with another character makes your droideka turn into a ball and start rolling, so it is impossible to actually get into a vehicle with one.

Originally posted by nortenyo

All characters but the droideka can pilot vehicles. The droideka IS a vehicle in itself when it transforms. The same button you push to enter a vehicle with another character makes your droideka turn into a ball and start rolling, so it is impossible to actually get into a vehicle with one.

Wait... who are you?

Archived