Home

Pipe Smoking Dangerous or Not?

yaebginn

Common sense. what he said has yet to be refuted. It makes sense, too. In large doses, it is dangerous (finally something I am willing to admit) but in normal doses, its fine. and Einstein, arguably the smartest man ever, smoked a pipe. and he didnt die until his eighties or whatever, fo causes I cant recall. Tolkien smoked a pipe. and didnt die until his eighties. from causes I cannot recall. Here's a brain buster.

If you ate a bag full of peppermint candies everyday, would you not run the risk of getting diabetes?

This applies to what you are saying. In normal circumstances, smoking a pipe is perfectly healthy, yet if you smoke a bag of tobacco a day, of course its gonna be bad. even if you drank too much water a day, you can pass out or even die.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yae, since you seem to enjoy picking apart posts, why don't you answer the FULL thing? What is your defintion of a theory?

"tolkien smoked a pipe. and didnt die until his eighties. from causes I cannot recall."

:rolleyes:

No one is sayign there is a 100% you will die from smoking. But, there is a big risk of getting sick. Why would you take that risk just to be "relieved" and not stress for maybe an hour or so? It doesn't make sence. It's your life, if you wanna take the chance of spending some of your life in a hospitle on life support, you go ahead and do that.

Also, usually people make a thread if they wanna hear other's opinions on the subject or are not entirely sure. You are closed to any other opinions (ESPICALLY scientific facts) and you seem 100% sure that smoking a pipe is safe.

Originally posted by yaebginn

I editedmy post to answrr it. and the peppermint thing is valid. if you do it too much, its dangerous, same with pipe smoking. too much, and its bad for you. If you dont overdo it, its fine.

Yes, but no one is saying it isn't. We aren't talking about peppermints, we are talking about pipe smoking. So, risks of peppermints having nothing to do with that.

But on that topic, the risks for peppermints are much lower than pipes, I'm guessing. If you wanna discuss risks of peppermints, make a new thread.

EDIT - You didn't answer my question of what your definition of theory is.

Tolkien outlived alot of people, Einstein outlived alot of people. Just replace peppermints with pipe tobacco. and diabetes with cancer. Its the same thing. if you overdo it, its bad for you. if you smoke a regular amount its fine.

and insanesith, do you have any proof to back up that most people dont?

zbomber- my definition of theory is an educated guess, a hypothesis.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

not that I can show you via the internet, but come here to Ft. Worth you'll see people smoking their pipes and cigarettes all day, non stop.

then its worth nothing. Come to FL and I can show you an old lady with her hair died blue, but its worth nothing unless I got a pic or link.

Archived