Home

I can get an interview

TheProphet

if you've got a live interview -

when are we going to see the server admin - dev communication begin, as we have testing to get started with if we're gonna host this thing.

I'd also like to get someone to meet with us at UnitedAdmins as well, because we would like to like to get some inside info on providing tools and assistance for game admins.

1. Map list ?

2. Vehicle list ?

3. Can the dedicated server be stretched to more than 32 players for PC ?

4. Have the graphics for the PC version been maximised or have you simply ported everything from the Xbox ?

5. Is it true that the in game voice communication allows for people to mask their voice, such as a storm trooper voice ?

6. Why was it decided that the Millenium Falcon would not be a useable vehicle within the game.

7. Why was it decided that Luke Skywalker + Han Solo would not appear in the game ?

8. Is there any chance you can release the stand alone server files a few days before the release of the game so server owners can ready them for the masses ?

9. Are there any plans to release a follow up to this game in the near future ? Maybe a PC version which uses the full potential and power of a PC, rather than just simply a console port ?

10. Is CP30 really gay ?

Thats all thanx :D

HOLY CRAP!!!

I expected a few questions in one night but wow, well ok i'll ask him, he is going to email me to see when we should meet. The meeting is initially for showing me most of the ropes for a BIG gaming company so i will try to work some of your questions in.

Originally posted by HDA_POSTAL

9. Are there any plans to release a follow up to this game in the near future ? Maybe a PC version which uses the full potential and power of a PC, rather than just simply a console port ?

Well, if there is a sequel to be released, it'll be released on the next generation consoles (they are obviously more powerful) and that probably goes for a PC as well. Perhaps at that time I will actually have to upgrade my PC, which I hate to do because of economic problems and the fact that I don't know how to put the parts into the PC.

auto aim was for the console (PS2) i believe since its hard to aim with those analog things (in my opinion). I doubt there is auto aim for PC. And auto aim means that if you aim close next to the enemy, it will magneticly go on it

the parts is easy nexus, if you need some info you can PM me..i can send some scanned in "guides" if you like

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

ask him how likely it is that lead artist dean betton would come to this forum under the name of bobby's helmet.

Right, well for a start, there wasn't a designer at Pandemic working on Battlefront called Scott Warner. If there is someone called Scott Warner then he probably was an external producer from Lucas arts. I worked on the game since its start over 18 months ago and I never met anyone called this. I am not doubting that he is a designer from Pandemic, there were many people up stairs on the other projects that I never met and he could be one of them, But to me he sounds like a producer from Lucas Arts.

Its just I don't want someone coming on here taking all the credit from the five designers that ACTUALLY DID ALL THE WORK on the game. Cos they busted their asses on this.

And Jedi Traitor, YOU STILL DOUBT ME!!!! LOL. Well seeing as I never met the guy he will probably not be able to vouch for me anyway.

Anyway, I don't want to steal this guys thunder so I wont go into answering all the questions that have been posted on here that I have already answered on other threads. But I guess his answers will back some of mine up to and he will be able to answer all your questions that I couldn't regarding the multiplayer aspect of things.

Well i must admit that i do not know scott warner personally but I do know that he is working at pandemic studios as a designer, and he may not be working on this game but im sure his friends do and im sure he would be glad to help me out with that. If you dont believe me,Warner, Scott" <swarner@pandemicstudios.com> that is his email. I just wanted to help. Not trying to trick you or anything. but this is what i saw, an opportunity. IM trying to be nice.

Here is the email he sent me:

Things are a little busy around here right now but we can definitely arrange a time for you to come in here and check things out.

Tom tells me you are interested in working in video games!

Tell me a little bit about yourself, education and aspirations. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Originally posted by Bobby's Helmet

Right, well for a start, there wasn't a designer at Pandemic working on Battlefront called Scott Warner. If there is someone called Scott Warner then he probably was an external producer from Lucas arts. I worked on the game since its start over 18 months ago and I never met anyone called this. I am not doubting that he is a designer from Pandemic, there were many people up stairs on the other projects that I never met and he could be one of them, But to me he sounds like a producer from Lucas Arts.

Its just I don't want someone coming on here taking all the credit from the five designers that ACTUALLY DID ALL THE WORK on the game. Cos they busted their asses on this.

And Jedi Traitor, YOU STILL DOUBT ME!!!! LOL. Well seeing as I never met the guy he will probably not be able to vouch for me anyway.

Anyway, I don't want to steal this guys thunder so I wont go into answering all the questions that have been posted on here that I have already answered on other threads. But I guess his answers will back some of mine up to and he will be able to answer all your questions that I couldn't regarding the multiplayer aspect of things.

I can assure you NONE of this will happen, im just going ther to ask him questions about game design, he sent me a hat and a tshirt along with his buisness card from pandemic.

Please dont misunderstand what is going on here im not going to bring him to hte forums, I NEVER SAID THAT AT ALL. I will be able to anser some of your qestions by what i ask him. But not all, and if they are ment to be secret then they will stay that way. Pleas dont misinturtprit what i said.

Good job, buddy - publicly posting his work email address. I'm sure he'll really appreciate the floods of emails he'll receive from geeks everywhere.

Kudos again to you for opening your yap before you've even gotten in the front door. I assure you that Scott will be aware of this thread before you even end up meeting with him, and seeing that Tom referred you, well, that makes it all the more easier to know exactly who you are. WTG, bud!

Archived