Home

Thou Shalt Not Kill?

yaebginn

Originally posted by toms

PS/ yaebginn: "Thou shalt not kill"... doesn't that mean you won't make a great marine....

Its thall shall not murder in my translation, and I wont murder. I'll do my duty, which probably inplies killing, and thats ok. murdering is another issue. and to jack

1. I didnt even understand that. Just convert someone to Christianity. I dont care whether the yjoin the marines or not, every christian is different.

5. Why exactly is that selfish? Wanting to make my life worth something. So that I can do what I was made to do and my Heavenly Father can say 'Well done my good and faithful servant' yeah, how selfish of me.

6. In most cases, getting my name written down in the records means I did something, or contributed something. Whether its book, or whether I end up doing something really important, I want to contribute something. and I want my name written down, so I can carry on the family name. I dont plan on getting married (cause I'm not in love, at least yet) and I'd like to leave sometihng behind on this Earth.

-and not arrogant, they said themselves 'No goal' or 'To cease existing' those are the two I was implying. and it is sad. One just wants to stop living, which is very very sad, and the other said, 'no goals' thats sad to me. Not having any goals, nothing to strive for. Excuse me for taking pity on my fellow man. and skin, I never siad my ambitions were bigger than anyones, they said they had no goals at all. I dont count to stop living as a goal.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yaebginn

no, the people I'd be shooting arent my fellows, they are peopel who hate me and wish me to die. I dont count thme as my fellow man. If they hate me that much, they are my fellows, they are my enemy.

And we know that every war the government will send us to, is because the enemy hates us...

Now playing - Black Eyed Peas - Where is the love?

Yeah, we should hate them back, cause they're trying to kill us. They have nothing else to live for. :dozey:

Have you not considered that each human soldier has a life? Maybe a wife, kids to come back to...

Maybe they're just soldiers that have been forced to fight against their will?

:indif:

Your lack of sympathy for "your fellow man" scares me.

I never said I hated them. Tyrion said that. I dont hate them. I am doing my job, they are doing theirs. If I go down, I wont hate them for it. I volunteered. and what lack of sympathy? because I would shoot back at someone whos trying to kill me? Self defense scares you? Please explain.

I never said I hated them. Tyrion said that. I dont hate them. I am doing my job, they are doing theirs. If I go down, I wont hate them for it. I volunteered. and what lack of sympathy? because I would shoot back at someone whos trying to kill me? Self defense scares you? Please explain.

You misunderstood what I said. You said that the enemy does hate you and want you to die. Thus, we can assume the same point of view for our enemy's enemy(us) and come to the conclusion that we both hate each other. Unless you mean we don't hate our enemy, in which case I'm sure there are plenty of cases where our enemy doesn't hate thier enemy.

Yaeb, you say you'd only be killing because you were told and it's self defense, but logically, you would never need to defend yourself if you hadn't been in THEIR country attacking them. The US has rarely had to fight a defensive war on our own soil. No matter where the fighting is it has almost ALWAYS been in a country that was not our own, and therefore it was our "enemies" that were doing the killing in self-defense, not the other way around.

i was watching this little known film about this guy who apparently lived a long time ago (Jeff or Jess or something) called the Passion of Christ... he had this really weird idea about not only loving your friends, but loving your enemies too.

In fact i think i remember this scene where his mates chopped the ear off a guy who was attacking them, and jesus (i remember his name now) told his mates to stop fighting and then HEALED his enemy.

Its a good thing people didn't decide to follow HIS odd example or we might all be going around being nice to our enemies. Silly idea.

;)

My goal is to be less sarcastic...

Its called Tough Love. I dont hate them. and I try to follow Jesus example. But I often fail. I am not perfect. But I didnt say I didnt love them. I said, 'I dont exactly love them.' and I love my family and friends more than them, so if I had to choose...

(they attacked us on 9/11, now we have to take them out so it doesnt happen again. They drew first blood,

No, the terrorists of the Al Queda attacked us on 9/11. The NATION of Iraq did NOTHING to us. Our attack was pre-emptive, and were you there YOU would be the aggressor.

TERRORISTS attacked us. We are getting rid of TERRORISTS. War on TERROR. Saddam was a major threat. we got rid of him.

And there has been no link between Al- Qaida (sp?) and Iraq. Bush wasn't and hasn't been able to find Osama so he went after someone he could get.

He was a ruthless dictator. He also tried to take Kuwait in the Gulf war, we left him alone for a bit, and then he tries some more stuff. Are you saying saddam wasnt a threat and that we shouldnt have taken him down?

Was Saddam posing a direct threat to us? I sure didn't think he was threatening us?

Archived