Home

Thou Shalt Not Kill?

yaebginn

Ray Jones makes a good point (as he so often....)

Violence begets violence. A look at the domestic problem of gang and teen violence is a good example and there is very little different than the example you see in Palestine/Israel today: "we kill them because they kill us. We pop caps at them, because they capped my homie."

As a father, I can tell you that images like this make me wonder what my reaction would be, regardless of the intentions of any invader to my homeland. I suspect I would give my support not to any government but rather to my family.

A young girl injured by American weapons in Iraq.

03.29_wounded_girl.jpg

The closeup undoubtedly crops out her AK-47.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SkinWalker

Ray Jones makes a good point (as he so often....)

Violence begets violence. A look at the domestic problem of gang and teen violence is a good example and there is very little different than the example you see in Palestine/Israel today: "we kill them because they kill us. We pop caps at them, because they capped my homie."

I'd get into it, but apperently, my post gets deleted every time I do.

So I'll just ask you, what would you do in OUR situation that hasn't been tried already?

And our war resembles none to the war in Iraq, exepct the fact that both Iraqis and palestinians are arabic. We are defending. The USA is attacking. It's very different.

some issues, I cant address cause time and so forth.

tyrion- you said 'and because your bible says so, everyone elses is wrong' and then I said, 'the NIV is the most popular.' making your logic incorect. the majority of the people are actually right. the NIV is most popular.

ET- the slave thing has nothing to do with anything. Tyrion said that it wasnt the most popular by saying

And we all know, of course, that your version of the bible is right and everyone else's is wrong.
becasue everyone else is right, because most everyone else uses the NIV.

Skin- you really went to tow nediting my post, huh? I dont remember flaming in it, though, please specify. and why did u add pleasE? not please. If someone is saying I said something, I dont care if I have proper manners. and why does it matter how I spell before?

I fail to see how superstition and mythology should have credibility in the right to commit heinous acts on others.

He's the one who said, 'Can you imagine Jesus in the army' I simply answered.

Tfighter- we went to iraq to free the people, not just get saddam.

RayJones- You are saying that and thats great. In a perfect world. But not everyone follows through what they say. Take Germany for example. In a perfect world, there would've been no Nazis and no concentration camps, and no hollocaust. but its not perfect. there is always gonna be some sick freak to screw it up. ld you rather they took over, would you rather Hitler continued his reign? This is a darned if you do darned if you dont question. You say yes, ur a sick freak, you say no, you contradict yourself. I am curious on what your answer will be.

skin- not that it matters, but do you have proof that that wasfrom an american weapon that did that? a link maybe?

Originally posted by yaebginn

some issues, I cant address cause time and so forth.

tyrion- you said 'and because your bible says so, everyone elses is wrong' and then I said, 'the NIV is the most popular.' making your logic incorect. the majority of the people are actually right. the NIV is most popular.

ET- the slave thing has nothing to do with anything. Tyrion said that it wasnt the most popular by saying

becasue everyone else is right, because most everyone else uses the NIV.

You're er...supporting my logic. Don't you see my point? Just because the NIV is the most popular bible, doesn't make it right! Just like ET's example, back in Egypt slavery was popular and was regarded as right. Does that mean it's right?

Skin- you really went to tow nediting my post, huh? I dont remember flaming in it, though, please specify. and why did u add pleasE? not please. If someone is saying I said something, I dont care if I have proper manners. and why does it matter how I spell before?

That flame was of you quoting me saying "You're stoopid", lol. I didn't intend it as a flame at all, it was supposed to be a mockery of your argument(thus the two o's in stoopid, I normally would use u's).

Edit- whoops, didn't see the your big post with about five removed flames marks.

easy, one has a n AK-47 and is firing at us, the other is thanking us.

No it's not. That's a very narrow minded view and one that doesn't look farther then what a gun can show. Not all Iraqi without an AK-47 thanks you. Not all of them likes you. But simply not liking you doesn't mean they'll start shooting you.

RayJones- You are saying that and thats great. In a perfect world. But not everyone follows through what they say. Take Germany for example. In a perfect world, there would've been no Nazis and no concentration camps, and no hollocaust. but its not perfect.

?? of course it is not perfect. because of the things i've listed. and again it must not be perfect. it cannot be perfect. but does that mean it must be violent? the point is LEARN FROM HISTORY!

there is always gonna be some sick freak to screw it up. ld you rather they took over, would you rather Hitler continued his reign? This is a darned if you do darned if you dont question. You say yes, ur a sick freak, you say no, you contradict yourself. I am curious on what your answer will be.

the question is not if hitler shouldnt have had his behind kicked, because it happened and we cannot change it.

but we can (A) learn from it (history) and (B) the very reasons why hitler came that far in history have nothing to do with violence but rather with timing, ignorance and lazyness of some people in higher positions. it's not their fault either, it's more because they were "unexperienced".

and if people back in hitlers days would have had the "today knowledge", noone would know him today. © many germans were frightened back then, afraid of being dragged to kz's, they chose to rather "obey" than putting themselves and their family in danger. hitler was a tyrant. the war where us, russian, british, german soldiers and everyone else was forced into was surely NOT THEIR CHOICE.

I have a site that says NIV isn't as popular as you claim it. Theologicalstudies.org

Bible Reading

Although most Americans own a Bible, use of the Bible varies significantly. In a

poll taken by the Gallup Organization in October, 2000, 59% of Americans reported

that they read the Bible at least occasionally. This is down from 73% in the 1980s. The

percentage of Americans who read the Bible at least once a week is 37%. This is down

slightly from 40% in 1990. iii According to the Barna Research Group, those who read

the Bible regularly spend about 52 minutes a week in the scriptures.iv

Which gender is more faithful at reading the Bible at least weekly? The prize

goes to the women. Women (42%) are more likely than men (32%) to have read the

Bible in the past week. What version do people prefer? As of 1997, those who read the

Bible preferred the King James Version to the New International Version by a 5 to 1

margin.v

kjv = thou shalt not kill

and since more americans use the KJV that will equate to more people saying thou shalt not kill.

[/throwing interesting facts;)]

Yaeb, I suggest you come in here with an open mind willing to accept our points, many of your "peers" do this. If they can I'm sure you can, if you don't I suggest you stop coming here if you are unwilling to accept anyones beliefs, points, or statements.

Insanesith, you've said that a few times. This is MY thread. I intend to follow through with it. If you dont like it, I suggest you leave. and that was in 1997, for one, 7 years ago. and Lukeiamyourdad, do you have anyfacts to bakc that up? I mean, though some dont like us, most do.

Just because you started the thread doesn't give you license to moderate discussion and tell people to leave. That's our job. Get with the program. Don't like it? Leave.

This forum is for debate and discussion, meaning everyone can participate regardless of who started the topic. And I suggest you listen to InsaneSith's gracious suggestions because he makes very valid points.

Insanesith, you've said that a few times. This is MY thread. I intend to follow through with it. If you dont like it, I suggest you leave. and that was in 1997, for one, 7 years ago.

you see yaeb, this is where you bring me a link showing a new study disproving my study, that is the point of debate, to refute someone, not brush them off.

my point is that YOU said my job is to debate and what not and leave the moderating to you, and that my job is not to tell people to leave. yet InsaneSith told me to leave, and he isnt a mod. whats the deal?

you refuse to obey the rules of the senate, this is serious discussion, you are to keep an open mind, not ignore facts and just brush stuff off. You are to DEBATE, as in refute posts, with founded evidence. You claim everyone that doesn't share you views as a "liberal" while they may be, you use it as an insult.I for one am tired of seeing you and tfighter disgracing the senate with your constant bickering, but especially you with your unwillingness to debate, and debate properly. Mockery of the senate is something I WILL NOT tolerate.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

you refuse to obey the rules of the senate, this is serious discussion, you are to keep an open mind, not ignore facts and just brush stuff off. You are to DEBATE, as in refute posts, with founded evidence. You claim everyone that doesn't share you views as a "liberal" while they may be, you use it as an insult.I for one am tired of seeing you and tfighter disgracing the senate with your constant bickering, but especially you with your unwillingness to debate, and debate properly. Mockery of the senate is something I WILL NOT tolerate.

This whole thread is a mockery to intelligence. Its main subject is whether the bible aproves the war in Iraq...

There should be another forum for religious debates.

Archived