Home

Hurricane Charley-a little rant

Nairb Notneb

Well even though I am relatively new here I enjoy this place. I come here and talk about things that I grew up playing. These are two things that I find myself still doing, "playing" Star Wars games and growing up. My wife wonders about me some times and makes fun of me when the opportunity arises (yes this is going to be a bit of a serious thread, so I apologize). We moved to Florida here in the USA about a year ago and about two weeks ago hurricane Charley just passed through our town (great, now everybody knows where I live, smooth move ex lax). It was cool, at first until people died and hundreds others lost there homes. Still others have lost there jobs. We were very lucky, we lost our carpet, landscaping timbers, banana trees and some other items that simply "floated away with the rest of the garbage". Yes, I can tie in Star Wars in most any situation, my wife hates it, but occasionally, now, she does it to, she has been turned to the dark side ha ha ha ha ha ha (evil cackle) (I can only be so serious for so long). My point, I really don't know and I really don't care either. Not all things have a point but nothing ever just happens. I don't care if that statement seems to contradict itself and I know I'm rambling. Ah I have a point! Here goes. If you don't like a situation, change it. If you say "I can't" you are wrong. If you say "I will try" then you are already making an excuse to fail, because a wise man once said (you know where I'm going with this) "Do or do not, there is no try". When it comes to effort and attempt there is no more truer statement than that one and I quote it all of the time and ignorant people all over see me as the most wise person ever and they have no idea that it came from the most advanced muppet ever created. No offense Yoda but the truth is the truth. In conclusion, I have a little opinion that I would like to share with all of the people that have left this forum here because it was "dead". Good bye. May the Force be with you. yada yada yada, blah blah blah. I think that your attitude is lousy. I know that this is just a Star Wars message board and that its just a hobby for most of us, but the attitude of "well, I don't like it so I'm taking my ball and going somewhere else to play" is petty. Maybe I'm being over sensitive but I just went through 150 mph winds and saw roofs pulled off and rv's turned over in front of me and for some insane reason (maybe I need to be on some type of medication) this has really ticked me off. If everybody (or at least half) that left because this place was dead (admittedly, it can be and often is) stayed and actually participated then the problem would have been resolved. So stop whining and start winning! Fix the problem and don't fixate on the problem.

Well, thanks for listening to this hurricane survivors ranting. If the moderators want to stop this thread I understand, I just wanted to vent to my friends. I do consider you all my new found friends. Thank you very much, I missed being here the past two weeks. May the Force be with You.

p.s. There is another (hurricane on the way I mean)

Well, here we go again. Frances is about to hit our entire state and then some. So, hold on to your butts people. Just when I thought that I was going to have a long weekend this stupid storm comes in and decides to brew up and blow in all weekend long. This storm is twice as big as Andrew was in 1992 when it hit the Miami area. Tie everything down and look out.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

Well, here we go again. Frances is about to hit our entire state and then some. So, hold on to your butts people. Just when I thought that I was going to have a long weekend this stupid storm comes in and decides to brew up and blow in all weekend long. This storm is twice as big as Andrew was in 1992 when it hit the Miami area. Tie everything down and look out.:cool:

And now, we've got Ivan.

Archived