Home

Raptors and the Return of Orca

Joshi

Funny actually, because the one sequel people (stupid kids) keep asking him for is for E.T. and it's the one he keeps saying no to because he thinks it would ruin it.

And yeah, he did go a bit overboard (no pun intended) with Jaws (okay, maybe a little pun)

But he is still a good director, I still love E.T.

And you can't really argue with the Back to the Future franchise, Back to the Future 2 was arguably better than the first.

Oh, and of course there's Indie, he was taken on for a 3 movie contract with Lucas with the first film and it really didn't go wrong for them, I still love the last one, and the first.

Yeah, and the second.

EDIT, yes this post ended up at the top of the thread, Groovy will know what's going on, but it's basically a problem with the servers clock (or was) and all will be right in the next few days hours.

Spielberg was dead against the Jaws sequels, and didn't direct the third Jurassic Park film. The studio is to blame! I think if the studio wanted to make Schindlers List 2: Judgement Day, then they probably could. The studio is watching you right now.

Oh, Jurassic Park 3 wasn't that bad anyway. I thought it was a lot better than the second. If they make another one, then so what? It's not like we have to see it - unless the studio say so, that is.

Hi everyone! Im baccccckkkkk.....

um...

yeah...

Wow. I think i'll go shoot myself...

Jurrassic Park....4!

Jeeesuseee....

I want to tread lightly on what happens over the course of the rest of the film on the off chance that Mary Parent or someone at Universal is seriously going to make this thing. There’s the eight-year-old-boy side of me that thinks that a DIRTY DOZEN-style mercenary team of hyper-smart dinosaurs in body armor killing drug dealers and rescuing kidnapped children will be impossible to resist. And then there’s the side of me that says... WTF!

Comments? Ramblings?

More later...

I liked the first one, didn't get through the second one and wanted to barf in the third (and barf is a term seldom used a British man). Seriously, I though sequels were a bad idea from the second one, but they just keep them rolling in now don't they. I doubt anybody thought this was going to be a franchise when the first one came out, I doubt Speilberg did anyway.

Originally posted by Joshi

I liked the first one, didn't get through the second one and wanted to barf in the third (and barf is a term seldom used a British man). Seriously, I though sequels were a bad idea from the second one, but they just keep them rolling in now don't they. I doubt anybody thought this was going to be a franchise when the first one came out, I doubt Speilberg did anyway.

Well he made the same mistake with Jaws didn't he?

God needs to come down to Earth in the form of ET, and tell Mr. Speilberg to save the world, and stop making bloody sequals. :)

Edit by Joshi. Seriously messed up server caused the post coming after this one to be the first post in the thread. Don't ask.

Originally posted by Joshi

And you can't really argue with the Back to the Future franchise, Back to the Future 2 was arguably better than the first.

Back to the Future was directed by Robert Zemeckis. Spielberg was an Executive Producer.

Originally posted by scabb

Back to the Future was directed by Robert Zemeckis. Spielberg was an Executive Producer.

Dammit! I knew that as well, I just forgot. I've seriously gotta find that DVD.

Spielberg was still heavily involved though.

As you may have noticed, the clocks were weirdly messed up on the forums for a while (like, a few months). When this was fixed, it took about a day and a half to get things back to normal. This meant that some posts were, before the fix, said to have been posted days in advance and so when, the clocks went back to normal, posts after that had a time of before certain other posts, maybe even thread. The forum automatically puts posts adn thread in order of what time they were posted, which is why certain posts are out of order, but this only happened for about a day and a half, and then everything was back to normal. Check the tech forums for more info.

:confused:

ya lost me.

wouldn't it not make a difference even if the times were screwed up, b/c it's all relative anyway? i know the clock was ahead by around...mm...i dunno. 14-18 hours or something, but why would it matter if you fixed it...b/c isn't all that matters the time that it took in between posts? i mean, orca posted first, and then i posted. let's say i posted 5 hours after her. her post says it was at 11:00 pm, 8-29-04, right? well, then my post would have been at 4:00 am, 8-30-04...so even if the clocks got set back, then how did the time gap change?

i don't get it.

it doesn't matter anyway, but still...this whole thing is just f*ed up.

Originally posted by Das Mole

:confused:

ya lost me.

wouldn't it not make a difference even if the times were screwed up, b/c it's all relative anyway? i know the clock was ahead by around...mm...i dunno. 14-18 hours or something, but why would it matter if you fixed it...b/c isn't all that matters the time that it took in between posts? i mean, orca posted first, and then i posted. let's say i posted 5 hours after her. her post says it was at 11:00 pm, 8-29-04, right? well, then my post would have been at 4:00 am, 8-30-04...so even if the clocks got set back, then how did the time gap change?

i don't get it.

it doesn't matter anyway, but still...this whole thing is just f*ed up.

The threads sort things by the time they were posted, but because the clocks were moved forward, it screwed things up.

Example, lets say I post a thread when the forums thoguht they were a day and a half ahead (it was literally a day and a half). So my post's time shows was, oh lets say 15:00, 30th August. Now lets say that at 15:00 the times were normalized, so they went back a day, and then, someone replied to my post to normal time. it doesn't change the time the post happened, as far as the forum is concerned, it was posted in the future. and then someone replies to my post, in normal time, well according to the forum, my post was in the future whilst someone elses was now, so it puts it in time order, meaning their post comes before mine, up until everything else is normalized.

Gettit?

YAY! orca's back!

YAY! another jurassic...park....movie?

nix the second yay. i'm going to go eat ice cream and wallow in sorrow for hollywood's bankrupt ideas.

ANOTHER excorsist? ANOTHER baby genius? ANOTHER jurassic park? MORE STAR WARS? A THIRD TERMINATOR? anaconda TWO?

seriously, next they're coming up with the sequel to dangerous liasons. that's right, john malkovich and michelle pfieffer...are...back...from...the....dead....

...AND THEY WANT REVENGE!!

(with more sex...zombie sex...)

mmmmm.

Archived