Home

The Ideal Mate

El Sitherino

There are people who are charming at work, but bastards at home.
Personally I've often marvelled at how willing most people are to see others as "nice". Erring on the side of thinking people "bastards" has saved me much disappointment in the past. But back to the point, I didn't say that it had to be OBVIOUS TO THE PUBLIC that nagging spouses are arrogant in other areas of their lives, they merely are. The charmer who stabs his or her co-workers in the back. The nagging wife who seems totally pleasant to her co-workers but drives like a maniac on the way home every night. Personality pervades all and WILL surface in one area or another.

People in leadership positions on the job or in the military being henpecked at home. It happens.
Sorry but you have to be subservient to join the military at all. It's a job in which you're told what to do all the time, and all responsibility for any negative result is lifted from your shoulders. As for office work, why do you think that an office manager necessarily has to possess strength of personality? Most don't, in my opinion.

Yes they can. I know first hand.

Mmkay. Well unless you'd care to elaborate, I have to say "No they can't, I also know first hand." I'm a hobbyist. I've always been a hobbyist, and even when I've had no hobbies I've wanted to have a hobby. That's me. The core of me did not change when I had a hobby, nor when I had no hobby.

We are talking about what changes could occur. She may seem static and unchangeable but I am giving examples of things that may happen to challenge your comfortable (and unrealistic, imo) views.
Mmkay, being absorbed by a cult is too extreme an example of "what changes could occur". You may as well have asked me "How would you deal with your spouse being turned into a cyborg by Shodan?" for all the relevance such a question has.

As for my views, I find them far from comfortable. It's a real downer when you realise that people are permanently trapped inside their own little world-views.

I would say these families may not be so concerned about their (surviving) children attending school any more.
I think you quoted me saying the word "drastic" with regards to childbirth, didn't you? I think the loss of a child in such circumstances qualifies as EVEN MORE DRASTIC, don't you?

Frankly you're reaching for the most extreme outside stimulus available to try to make the point that people can be changed. Sure, people can be changed through INCREDIBLY drastic means, like brainwashing, interrogative torture, destructive brain surgery, cancerous tumours on the brain... Being turned into cyborgs by Shodan...

None of these things are the same as someone wanting to change their partner now, are they. And none of these things has any relevance to the topic at hand... Unless my girlfriend is secretly dosing me with Sodium Amytal at night and remoulding my subconcious with her sub-hypnotic wiles.

Damn, THAT'S what she's doing!

What sort of personality "type" engages in hobbies? You think only certain personalities have hobbies??? What personality "types" don't have hobbies?
The personality type that has hobbies is commonly called "person with a predeliction for having hobbies." or more succinctly, "The hobbyist" :D Come on, even you can accept the basic fact that there are people who like to have interests on the go at all times, and there are those that don't. Hobbyist and non-hobbyist.

Either you people get this thread back on track, or it gets pulled.

C'jais, you and InsaneSith are sounding hostile. "you people"? Why would I be encouraged to come here and try to engage in discussion?

This thread's topic is "The Ideal Mate". InsaneSith said he wants to take a survey. Why can't a discussion also expand on the survey? It is still topical. I want to delve into why we set up those ideals for our partner. If you analyze why you are looking for what you are looking for in a mate, you may be able to avoid a bad marriage.

Originally posted by NileQueen

If you analyze why you are looking for what you are looking for in a mate, you may be able to avoid a bad marriage.

Yet that is obviously NOT the point of this thread. As 'Jais mentioned, if you want to hav this little debate then you go right ahead and make a thread about it. But if you want to post in this thread then you should be contributing to the SURVEY.

• 2 weeks later...

I would preffer some one smaller than me or eqill size as me!!

i preffer one with a simular wieght and hieght range as me! (i am 6 feet tall and wiegh 130 pounds!) she dont have to look perfect, but i like girls who respect their bodies and NEVER junk it up with tattoos, body peircings.

(tatoos and body peircing and other forms of self mutilation makes me sick)

she shold not be snobbish or power hungry. i like nice people. she should like violent video games and other crazy stuff . like me!

I odn't really know what my ideal mate is like, i havn't found her yet. But she would have to have a goods sense of humor, be nice, wait a really really long time for kids, being able to put up with me, have the same beliefs and like some of the same things.But other than that it's up in the air.

I odn't really know what my ideal mate is like, i havn't found her yet. But she would have to have a goods sense of humor, be nice, wait a really really long time for kids, being able to put up with me, have the same beliefs and like some of the same things.But other than that it's up in the air.

I agree!

well I never really wanted this to become a discussion/debate on human psychology.

my ideal mate.

I look for a person who is intelligent and caring. I want someone with a sense of humour.

someone beautiful (which by my standards, isn't very selective). Someone who can make me happy just being there.

Someone willing to take the time to understand situations and peoples feelings. Someone with similiar interests, but enough different ones to help me explore new things.

someone who likes to talk about all kinds of things and can switch from one subject to another quickly and not fumble. Someone willing to compromise for a relationship just as much as me.

Someone who can be rational, yet human at the same time.

for a woman, I'd like a girl a bit shorter than me ( I like to feel like I'm needed for more than just procreation and making her... feel good ;) ), but a woman that can take care of herself when she needs to. B-cups for the win.

a guy... a bit bigger than me, kinda protective-ish. one that can make me feel comfortable and safe.

Archived