Home

Lip-syncing experiment with a familiar voice...

Akril

I must admit, I have a strange fascination with Lupe's voice.

After some indiscretion, I decided to use some of her lines to breathe life into one of my own characters...

And I don't think she turned out that badly...

(The animation might not be in sync with the sound the first time. If this is the case, reload the page or right-click on the animation and select "Play".)

Akril

Thanks, all!

The frames were drawn on the computer with the mouse in Paint Shop Pro, with one frame per layer, then made into a GIF and exported into Flash, where I synced her mouth movements with the various sounds.

It's not the same cheetah as the one in my avatar, they're different characters. I'm part of a fandom that creates its own characters for roleplaying or other devious means. I just like to draw animals.

Akril

• 1 month later...

An interesting story about this animation...

I posted a link to it on a fairly busy message board that I visit every now and then and created a mini-contest to see who could guess what 1998 adventure game that voice clip came from. I figured, with specifics like that, and GF being one of the best games of all time in some gaming areas, it would be a matter of a few days before someone came up with the answer, right?

Wrong. Very wrong. Nearly 1,600 members and no one even guessed the clip was from a game from Lucasarts. The person who finally got the answer was a diehard adventure gamer who was a friend of one of the forum regulars.

*Sigh...* Popularity has a different meaning in some places.

Akril

Archived