Home

What causes people to suddenly start trolling?

Doomie

This might be a stupid question, but i've noticed there are two kinds of trolls: trolls that join a board just for trolling and trolls that sudenly go trolling after countless of good posts. Now, my wuestion is, what causes these people to do that?

Boredom? Because it gets boring sometimes posting over and over and seeing the same threads, and they decide to cause trouble and start flames by posting unrelated posts and topics. And then enjoy watching the aftermath.

I guess it's the whole rage which some people display when a troll starts a flame.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Meh, LF does not really have too much of a problem with trolling, trust me.

What gets me is this supposed sense of elitism in a lot of members. I see it more and more.

Elitism....I don't know about that.......all I can say is that I hate those damn 2003 n00b scum, coming in here like they know s**t, let them eat cake! :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Meh, LF does not really have too much of a problem with trolling, trust me.

What gets me is this supposed sense of elitism in a lot of members. I see it more and more.

Yeah, you go to virtually any other forum and it so full of spam, trolling, and off-topic posts it's insane. LF is a very nice forum. :)

Originally posted by Hiroki

Because that is who they are. They are the people who park right up against you, so they have an excuse to ram there car door right into your own...

Those people are my favorite. First they park that close, then they realize they're that close, then, instead of doing the obvious thing of backing and and moving farther away from your car, they just open their door (wide if they have to) and make a nice long wide scratch on your door. AND THE BEST THING is if you call THEM on it, they say YOU were parked too close to THEM.

Of all the people I wish I could tear to shreds and not suffer any kind of punishment or prosecution (cept maybe their families...whom I would also tear to shreds), those would definently be top on my list.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

rofl. that's horribly funny. XD

people do it for a variety of reasons, namely cuz they want me to set fire to their groins.

That's the ONLY reason I do it. The fiery groin hope. I just keep on keepin' on with my trolling, hoping that someday, I'll be worthy. Matter of fact, I thought I had made a pretty good example of proper trolling right here in this thread, a few posts up. I had my fire extinguisher ready and everything. But alas, my groin remains unlit.

Originally posted by Doomgiver

I didn't expect so much sarcasm/unfriendly replies. Thanks a lot for reminding me to that, capn. And hours must last a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time where you live...

If my reply seemed unfriendly, I apolofize. I was just making a joke. The truth is nobody knows why people suddenly spam. It's for a variety of reasons. Boredom, attention, just wanting to go out with a blast, depression, someone else getting on the accoung, being crabby, trying to be funny, and a variety of other reasons.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Yeah, you go to virtually any other forum and it so full of spam, trolling, and off-topic posts it's insane. LF is a very nice forum. :)

I'm really glad you think so. We try, and it is nice to know that someone appreciates it. :)

Seriously, thank you!

To troll, or not to troll? That IS the question. Alot of it I feel is maturity. Most of the trolls attacks that we had back in 2002 were done by people that simply hate Star Wars, hate the games, and love to stir up a hornets' nest worth of trouble.

Most of them turn out to be early teenagers, that think it is funny to crap on other forums. I have been to forums where most of the members are extremely young, and they launch what we call "forum wars" , sounds silly , but they really think this is fun. They even post threads like "OMFG (insert title) forums really suck!" Then they go and launch spam attacks. So yeah, it's a child's game, nothing more.

Archived