Home

Beta Testing: NJO Asteroids TFFA Mod

PR-0927

Well, this mod is turning out great, and Lindsey is awesome enough to help out.

The NJO Series Asteroids TFFA Mod is based on the Galactic Alliance (Hutts, New Republic, Imperials, Chiss, Hapes) against the Yuuzhan Vong and their allies (Peace Brigaders, people who belong to the Star Wars galaxy, yet ally with the Yuuzahn Vong for money).

I have three screenshots (but they are in GTK Radient) of the new Yuuzhan Vong hangar.

We need beta testers. I think maybe four or five would be good. I need at least two people that can run servers, one of them should be able to run servers on short notice. The other three just should be at tests.

Let me describe how it is gonna be:

Yuuzhan Vong Hangar:

Coralskippers (2)

Peace Brigade Z-95 (2)

Peace Brigade Y-wing (2)

Peace Brigade TIE Fighter (2)

Galactic Alliance Hangar:

NJO TIE Fighter (2)

NJO TIE Interceptor (2)

XJ3 X-wing (2)

NJO A-wing (1)

NJO TIE Defender (1)

The Coralskipper is currently uncompleted. The TIE Defender is being made by Mknote, and will hopefully be done soon.

All beta testers will get credit for trying it out.

Please post here if you want to beta test, and I'll say if it is O.K., or not.

Please, beta testers should get MSN Messenger, as I use that all the time!! Lindsey uses that a lot too!!

I hope people will want to beta test!!

Here are three screenshots:

vonghanger.jpg

NJO2.jpg

NJO-asteroids1.jpg

The last one is the most recent, the first one is the most outdated.

:fett:

You got spot number one, thanx. I'll send you a working beta as soon as I can, Lindsey is currently compiling the .bsp and then the mp/asteroids2 .bsp will be next. I'll put a new music track in, compile it as a .pk3, and give you the instructions on how to use it. Lindsey is currently making the hangar...have something that I must test first, then if that doesn't work, it'll have to be fixed. After it works, I'll send it for beta testing. I wanna eliminate all flaws!!

Beta testing jobs are as follows:

1. ZBomber

2. None

3. None

4. None

5. None

Thanx again, man!!

Well, you do know that the only way this would have been made is if the Asteroids TFFA Mod existed, so we are just basing it off their own mod. Not the most original, but it still works, especially the new vehicles and idea.

Thanx anyway!!

Originally posted by mergatroid

You should have used easyGen's blender on the terrain in the second screenshot, it would have made the contrst between the grass and that brown stuff much nicer.

Otherwise, good map. Keep it up.

Heh, dude, I don't map. I'm happy with what I got. If you read above, Lindsey is doing the mapping.

Redsaurus, you now have the second job out of five, three more left.

Yesterday, after Lindsey sent me the file, I got a weird error when I tried to load it up. I put all of the files into the Asteroids TFFA Mod folder, and deleted the old vehicles.

If I can't do it that way, I think this could be a mod like Naboo Hills, where you put all of the vehicles and the map in /base. It'd work, very well indeed...but, there is a vehicle limit. I know that the Asteroids TFFA Mod fixed that limit and changed it to 64. Now, I'm not sure which file it is with the vehicle limit extended. Once I find that, this mod will work in /base, without the Asteroids TFFA Mod files. It only works on TFFA though, LOL!!

Any help will be appreciated on why it appears. Here is the picture of the error I received when trying to test it yesterday:

problem.jpg

I hope you guys can help on this!!

Well, I tested some more, and it didn't work even in /base normally. Although, asteroids2 (un-changed) worked fine. So, I have come to the conclusion that the re-compile that Lindsey made was glitched or got messed up somehow. He did use the source one though, not the one from the actual mod, but the source files. He'll try to redo it when he can, and I'll keep you updated.

Now, I must test to see which file it is that extends the vehicle limit, and make the Peace Brigade TIE Fighter...

Hmm, nope, we found out that the .bsp was three times smaller than it should be. Lindsey should be getting to it ASAP. He's been busy, and had some shocking news.

Also, my Coralskipper and Droid Starfighter have been QVW Mapped, and should be done soon.

Heh, I know. Just trying to mess with you guys. I have been talking to tFighterPilot, and he wants me to use Assimilate, but I dunno how to use it, nor do I have time to learn how to use it...

He says it is to make the Droid Starfighter the way I want it...it's a Droid Starfighter, no customizing!!

Originally posted by Zappa_0

What was that first program you used to model with and what are you using now? Just curious.

Sorry, never saw your question before, I guess I skipped it. I use GMAX...and I did in the beginning as well...not the best program, but, it is free, and I am not gonna spend $200 on 3DS MAX. It's easier to get friendly help from others.

Archived