Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

CPU

Required: Intel P3 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1000 MHz

Recommended: Intel P4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2400+

Memory

Required: 256 MB RAM

Recommended: 512 MB RAM

Graphics Card

Required: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability

Recommended 128 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Vertex and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

Sound Card

Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

CD-ROM

Required: 8X Speed CD-ROM drive

Recommended: 16X Speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

Input Device

Required: Keyboard and mouse

Supported: Joystick and Gamepad

DirectX

Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD. You will be prompted to install DirectX during the installation of this game if this or a more recent version isn’t already properly installed on your system. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your motherboard, sound, and video hardware.

Installation

Installation requires 2.7 GB of free hard drive space. We recommend that you have an additional 200 MB of free space available after installing the game for the Windows swap/page file.

Internet Connectivity for Multiplayer

Required: DSL, Cable, or faster connection

there, now see if it'll run on your computer :p

I know plenty of people who think the game sounds cool - but won't buy it if they don't have a demo to try the game out with.

Releasing a PC-demo in advance is the logical thing to do.

If not - they'll most likely lose out on a lot of sales.

I've got quite a lot of friends in the Enemy Territory community, a lot of them (nearly all actually) have shown interest in Battlefront... but none of them is going to buy the game unless they have something to try it out with: a demo.

Let me rephrase: People would spread the PC demo of a game that isn't even released yet.

Would be similar to the 'leaking of BETA versions' episodes, you know... Half-Life 2, Doom 3 (I think) and Jedi Academy

Hehe - doesn't make much sense.

PC demo's are not the same as PS2/Xbox demo's: PC demo's are freely downloadable on the internet & are ment to be distributed as much as possible... the more p2p networks offer the demo, the better: it means more publicity for the full game & (if the game is good) more buyers.

The say they don't make one because it costs time, but I think that will give them more players. Question that remains is: why do they think that making a PC demo will not be profitable?

I really have no idea, but they've probably don quit some research. Lucasarts most times came with a demo, but did they do that before the game was actually released?

Lol, I come from the UK, because of the lack of the capital I thought he meant in game... as in playing online in a game. If it'd been in Game, I would've known that meant Game.

I don't really like Game anymore, never have anything good, only do second hand Xbox/PS2. Gamestation is better, although certainly less choice on PC, but they do part exchanges! :) We have £40 left over in credits, so thats what is paying for Battlefront. ;)

John

The 12th of Sept. is a Sunday. I doubt they'll release a demo on Sunday. That next day on Monday would be a good day for a release, but we are really getting into wishful thinking here.

Don't expect the demo before the game. It would be great to see it, and if so I am thinking it will possibly be a week or less before the release. Otherwise unless we see an offical announcement or you see the demo for download on ign.com, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

These next two weeks will NOT go fast enough!!!

Originally posted by Mountainforest

...Check out other lucasarts sites for games. They all have the same structure. You'll probably be able to download wallpapers in the downloads section.

if you go 2 the downloads sectoin their are wallpapers but their is also a spot that says:

PC DEMO

coming soon!

What the freak is the point of being released in a week? I mean you then just have to wait three days to get the whole thing. I think that they did not want to release it because of the Galactic Conquest Mod being released and that would be a major downer for them. GC mod is pretty cool I downloaded it and liked it. There are things in there that are pretty awesome, it is a good tie over.

Archived