Home

We Must Do Something!

Chief Marley

Originally posted by Doomtempler

i only remember the sentenz of the voodoo lay in EMI:

"and i got an contract with lucas arts for 5 games."

Why are so many people so wrapped up in that? It's not a verbal contract or anything, they put that in as 1) a joke and 2) something for tha fans to hold on to as hope of an MI5. And yes, they did say at some point that they would like to make one. But now it doesn't look as good, they've cancelled 2 adventure games and don't think this is the right time for them to be released, i.e, they don't think they'll make any money out of it, ergo, the idea of an MI5 is a good one, but not a practical one. I would like there to be one, sure, but I doubt there will be one, at least not any time soon.

Oh, and when I said "A think, a little of each." (that was meant to be I, not A, sorry) it was a joke, i know full well that they basically contradict each other, but whatever, you brought attention to it so I talked about it. For a real answer, Udvarnoky was giving an opinion.

• 1 month later...

First off, I loved CMI, and I loved the first and second MI's, but I have to tell you that if Ron Gilbert doesn't want tot get into legal trouble, well that is his buisiness, but I for one don't stand for trademarks.

For two years, I have been working my tail off, trying to remake SMI and MI2 like CMI, but I don't care if LucasArts comes to my house, and steals my computer, kills everyone I love, I will still work on these game titles! Why? Because I am a TRUE fan. If you love something, you cannot let it go no matter what. Even through death, Hell, and grave, I'll defeat it, to do what I love.

If Ron doesn't want trouble, then we'll just have to make MI5!

Originally posted by masterdebator

First off, I loved CMI, and I loved the first and second MI's, but I have to tell you that if Ron Gilbert doesn't want tot get into legal trouble, well that is his buisiness, but I for one don't stand for trademarks.

For two years, I have been working my tail off, trying to remake SMI and MI2 like CMI, but I don't care if LucasArts comes to my house, and steals my computer, kills everyone I love, I will still work on these game titles! Why? Because I am a TRUE fan. If you love something, you cannot let it go no matter what. Even through death, Hell, and grave, I'll defeat it, to do what I love.

Hmm, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take life and logic over total devotion to a game. I suppose because i won't go to these lengths i'm not a "True fan" but hey, I still like the games, and consider myself a fan.

Originally posted by masterdebator

Obviously I'm not a real fan. All I did was buy each game and play them multiple times. If to be a real fan I have to break the law then I'm gonna pass. IMO a real fan wouldn't be trying to redo the first 2 games into the style of CMI. Thats sacrilage in my book. The first two games are perfect the way they are.

Archived