Home

Anyone Willing to do a JA Walkthrough for Me? *Spoilerific!*

Kurgan

This may seem like an odd request, especially for a game that's celebrating it's 1 year anniversary in just a couple of weeks, but since my resident strategy writer, sith hasn't been online and talked to me for a long, long time, I was wondering if anyone else was up to the task.

Me, I haven't had a lot of freetime to play games, much less go through and take detailed screenshots and do write ups for the entire game with secrets.

If you want an example of what I expect via the site standards, have a look at what he did for JK2:

http://strategy.jediknight.net/contents.shtml

It will appear here when finished:

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/contents.shtml

As you can see, there's 25 levels that need doing!

(See the example of the first demo level already done for you, though it could use some more secret info).

If anyone is up to the task, please contact me, via PM, email (kurgan@qwest.net) or ICQ (3295836, though I'm not on as much as I used to be).

If you are serious or can contribute a few levels completed, let me know. Send me the html files (feel free to download and modify the existing ones, since that's the format you'll be using) and screenshots. I'll post them with full credit given.

Ideally there's somebody out there who can do all the levels, but if I have to do it peicemeal, I'll take it.

Thanks again!

PS: If you sign on and agree to do the rest of the walkthrough completely, I'll give you a staffer position at Strategic Academy/Outcast Strategy. I could really use the help!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, before I commit to anything, I'll try and write one for the first level, then if you like it, I'll try and haev some more levels done.

P.S

The reason you all have not seen me in a while, is because I've been playing NWN nonstop-allday for the past couple weeks ^^

But now that's over some, and I probably will have time to do something else.

Ok, here it is for some levels (last one not finished)

The Jedi Academy

Yavin Jungle

You begin with a cutscene of your descent to Yavin, but sadly get blasted by a lighting bolt, and you crash.

This begins the first mission.

You begin with a river infront of you, and Rosh yells at you for assitance. Go right from the start, and you see a tree across the creek, and Rosh again helps you with an idea.

After you get Rosh, keep following the river (not towards the shuttle) and you'll kill some Howlers. Keep going and you'll find a door, then a cutscene with Rosh somehow using Force Pull

to open the door. Go through to kill another Howler to your left and continue on to the bridge ( ther is a small shield booster under the plant to the right of the bridge on your side) go over it and you'll come to another area to kill yet another Howler. There is a stream that you need to cross,(Medpack to your right) and Rosh will again assist with it. Use the tree you cut to get up, and continue on to a big area, and another cutscene. Rosh'll chicken out to go ahead, and so you have to go. Deal with the Stormtroopers, and there will be a Cultist right up ahead of you. Kill him and end level with a cutscene.

(After, Luke will talk for a bit, and then you get your first training Mission with Kyle)

Training Area

At start is a little brief from Kyle, then you go through the far door to begin. Cutscene with Kyle talking, and then the door opens after he's finished. Fight some training droids, and continue through the door. Hop over the bridge, and continue on until you get to a wall that you can use Force Push on to break. There is a cutscene with with Rosh being a royal pain, and you to fight a droid with a lightsaber. Finish him off, then go to the door with the big piller in front. Go through and you'll have to use Force Pull on the switch to your right to open the door. Continue through and use Force Sense to look on the wall to the right of the door you came through, and use force Pull on the marked blocks. Jump up them, and go through the door to your left as you get up. Continue on until you get to an area that has several doors, but go through the east one, Kyle will tell you to use Force Speed to get through the next area, and do so. Make a right and go through the doors and the end cutscene with Kyle and Rosh.

Tatooine

Mercenary Activity:

You start with a cutscene telling you whats happening, and then go through the door to get into the next area and your first fight. Kill all the mercs, and go through the door east of the one you came through, and kill all the guys in the room, and contine through the door opposite the one you came through. Kill the two mercs here, and then continue through the door into another large area with more baddies, waste 'em all, then go to the door on the far side of the lot. Theres a cutscene wher the tractor beams activate, and you'll say something about it. Go through the small door on the northern side of the lot, and turn left to kill some more mercs. Go in the other small door beside the baddies, and you'll see the Raven's Claw. Keep right and you can jump over some boxes to get some goodies in a secret area. Continue around until the cutscene, and the bad guys will blow the door you just went through. KIll the guys in this room, and go through the door to kill more Mercs. Go in the door in the NE side up the room, and watch out for the guy on the stairs. Continue on into a room with a shield recharger and some more baddies. Go out the door, but wach out for the sniper on the other end. Go into the room and onto the lift in the center of the room. Step out to the right, and use the console. Keep going counter-clockwise and you'll have to kill another Cultist to get to the other console. After useing both consoles, use the lift again to go down. Go around the doors until you hear Chewie roar, and go through to the door on the far end on the right. Clear the area, and mission complete with end cutscene.

Tatooine, Droid Recovery

Starting cutscene, and you go around the left to kill 3 Tuskins. Contine on to kill more Tuskins until you get to a building in the wall. Go left for some goodies, then return to the door and go through. Kill the Tuskins until you get to a road going up to your right, and one that continues on, go on the one that goes straight, and at the end is a secret area. Go back to the one going up, kill the Tuskins, and continue on for more goodies and Tuskins. Go out the door and to the right to the building, kill the Tuskin, take the goodies, then go and kill the remaining Tuskins that are across from the goodie building. Cross the rock bridge (either one) and kill the Tuskins there and pick up the goodies scattered around. Go into the cave at the upper right of the section, and kill all the Tuskins here. Continue down until you get to the exit, that has some Jawas at it. There you see a sandcrawler, and you need to go around to the front of it. Kill the Tuskins here, and go up to the open sandcrawler. Look up and you'll see a tracter thing suspendid above you, Force Pull it, and it'll come down. Jump on it to ride it up, and hop over to the crawler. hop on the boxes in the middle, and onto the catwalk. Go right and use the trigger on the wall to open the lift(cutscene) and down again to to it. There is a box you need to Force Pull out of the way, then use ride it up. Kill the Tuskin, and you come to a room with a pool of lava. Look down to your left, and you'll see a slightly borken water pipe. Saber throw it, and it'll cool the lava to jump on. Go on until you get to a room with flames coming out of the walls. Go around left, and the top flame on these two will go off for a minute; jump over and use the panel on the wall in front of you. Then turn around, look where the flames used to be going, and its actually a lift. Step on it and it'll activate. Use Pull on the box in the way, then clear the rooms of Tuskins, and there will be a red R4 unit behind a box, again use Pull or Push on it, activate the droid, and follow it. Wipe out the Tuskins, and then there will be a ending cutscene.

(Cutscene at the Academy)

Bakura

Emergency Assistance

You start at your ship with a cutscene, and then you need to go around to the left to the door you can see over the canyon.Go through, and turn right to face the grate, break it to get to a secret area. Then go to the console on the left side of the room, look at it, and it'll show what the bad guys are up to. Go through the door to your left, and kill the stormies, and go under the stairs for a secret area. Go up the stairs, kill the baddies, and go left, not straight to the trip mines. Kill the stormies in the next room, then go the next area that has a some fire and cold pipes broken. Avoid them, and go into the next door; blast the sentry, and go through the door. Jump over the mines, and kill the baddies in the next room. Go up the stairs and outside, kill the commandoes and activate the bomb to deactivate it.

Since its basically holding your hand the whole way, I don't know if you really need screenies.. but if you really want them, I guess I could go back through them and take pics.

As I told another guy applying for the "Job" (note: it's not necessary only to have ONE person on it, I can have two, or more, whatever works best for the site), yes, I do want screenshots.

I want the format of the previous section on Jedi Outcast followed.

I'm not saying you need to adopt the same writing style of sith. You are free to tailor it to how you write, but I do want screenshots, just like he provided in his walkthrough.

That's the point. Otherwise a person can just visit GameFaqs and read any of the half dozen or so text-only walkthroughs and secret guides already posted.

And since you use screenshots, this means you don't have to be quite as descriptive, since the screenshots provide some illustration. Though one shouldn't rely completely on them. Just be sure the shots are well chosen and viewable (ie: not too dark or washed out or blurry, etc).

Please email me as I often forget to check the forums (you got my attention though!) at kurgan@qwest.net

I'm making it a policy NOT to reply to gmail email accounts though, so if you have one, don't use it to email me. I'm also on ICQ sometimes, 3295836 (check at least once a day for messages).

Thanks again! I didn't expect to see responses so quickly honestly.. very nice!

1-33.jpgYou begin with a river in front of you, and Rosh yells at you for assitance.

1-34.jpgTake a right from the start, and you see a tree across the creek, and Rosh again helps you with an idea.

1-35.jpgAfter you get Rosh, keep following the river (not towards the shuttle) and you'll kill some Howlers.

1-36.jpgKeep going and you'll find a door, then a cutscene with Rosh somehow using Force Pull to open the door.

1-37.jpgGo through to kill another Howler to your left and continue on to the bridge (there is a small shield booster under the plant to the right of the bridge on your side)

1-38.jpgGo over it and you'll come to another area to kill yet another Howler. There is a stream that you need to cross,(Medpack to your right)

1-39.jpgRosh will again assist you with info. Use the tree you cut to get up, and continue on to a big area, and another cutscene.

Rosh'll chicken out to go ahead, and so you have to go.

Deal with the Stormtroopers, and there will be a Cultist right up ahead of you. Kill him and end level with a cutscene.

Copywrite 2004 Sam Fisher

And here's the Yavin Training :

2-5.jpgAt start is a little brief from Kyle, then you go through the far door to begin.

2-6.jpgFight some training droids, and continue through the door.

2-7.jpgHop over the bridge, and continue on until you get to a wall that you can use Force Push on to break.

2-9.jpgThere is a cutscene with with Rosh being a royal pain, and you to fight a droid with a lightsaber.

2-8.jpgFinish him off, then go to the door with the big piller in front.

2-10.jpgGo through and you'll have to use Force Pull on the switch to your right to open the door.

2-11.jpgContinue through and use Force Sense to look on the wall to the right of the door you came through, and

use force Pull on the marked blocks.

2-12.jpgJump up them, and go through the door to your left as you get up.

2-13.jpgContinue on until you get to an area that has several doors, but go through the east one, Kyle will tell you to use Force Speed to get through the next area, and do so to end level.

Copywrite 2004 Sam Fisher

Looks good Sam. Obviously there's some more things to be done here.

Go ahead and post the stuff in the forum since it looks like you're doing that anyway. I have the format ready to go, I'm just copy and pasting what you wrote. No promises on when it'll all be ready (whenever I happen to catch your updates).

One thing, I'd like for each map you to do provide the following info:

New Weapons (by this I mean new weapons that you can obtain "in the field" on this particular map.

New Enemies: Enemies you encounter for the first time.

Secrets: Number of secrets on the map (actual secret areas).

While obviously you can do some of the maps out of order and skip others, I suggest you go about it AS IF a person were playing them in chronological order and not skipping any from each tier.

Good job so far...

Also, Sam, do I have your permission to list an email address on the website where you can be contacted, and which one should I post?

Actually, I'd rather you put masterprogramer2003@yahoo.com on any site, or if you wanted to give out my email, since that's my dads that I used to email you that time, and he doesn't like it used where its possible to get spammed ;)

Ok then, I have about half the levels written, but I'll go back through and get weapons and enemies, but you do know that txa has a complete site with ALL JA secrets that you could use, instead of me trying to find allof them and taking longer to do the walkthrough.

I would suggest talking to him.

Well I do have a link to a secrets guide, but again, it would entail me either posting long experts from his site (with quotes and links back of course, once permission is obtained) or going through and re-creating what he did and posting it.

See this link:

http://homepage.mac.com/txa1265/JAStuff/JASecrets.html

txa1265... if you're reading this, maybe you can save us some trouble and give permission to quote you? ; )

Since I'm taking a lot of time anyway to modify your stuff, I was hoping you'd do that part for me. ; )

Send me what you've got and we can add the secrets later if it's too much trouble to put them in now...

PS: Here's what I've done so far, see what you think:

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/level1.shtml

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/level2.shtml

and the contents page...

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/contents.shtml

I guessed at the weapons (from memory, but please correct me if I left anything out!).

As to the Secrets, at least you could tell me the number of secrets on a map (I believe you can check that without actually completing them all...) for the tally.

K. Guess I have to do some work after all, but it's not much. ; )

PS, I also updated sith's "JA Demo" page a bit.

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/jademo1.shtml

I think I'll put the two "demo" levels as seperate pages from the rest, just so that people don't get confused between any differences between the Demo and the Full Version.

Edit: Well that's enough for one night unless I suddenly get something in my email. I sent the PM to txa about this thread.

If indeed we get permission from txa, I was wondering if we really wouldn't put the secrets in the big walkthrough, but instead a link to another smaller page just for secrets, so that we don't have to jack around with the main walkthrough as much.

What do you think?

Also, if you're gonna put the force powers on the levels, it seems that you could only say the core force powers, because the player has free reign over the other ones....

I have just replied to Kurgan's PM, and have no problem whatsoever with you guys using my 'secrets' page stuff in whatever way you want. As I mentioned, I'd have no problem zipping them up and send it along.

I just enjoyed finding all the secrets and putting it together ... I don't have the stamina for a full walkthrough - takes too much of my precious little gaming time (and since we just got a new puppy in addition to the kids starting back at school and activities and whatnot ... that time is even tighter!)

Mike

Alright, here go we go!

Tatooine

Mercenary Activity:

3-1.jpgYou start with a cutscene telling you whats happening, and then go forward to get into the next area and your first fight.

3-2.jpgKill all the mercs, and go through the door east of the one you came through.

3-3.jpgKill all the guys in the room, and continue through the door opposite the one you came through.

3-4.jpgKill the two mercs here, and then continue through the door into another large area with more baddies, and waste 'em all.

3-5.jpgThen go to the door on the far side of the lot.

3-6.jpgThere's a cutscene where the tractor beams activate, and you'll say something about it. Go through the small door on the northern side of the lot, and turn left to kill some more mercs.

3-7.jpgGo in the other small door beside the baddies, and you'll see the Raven's Claw.

3-8.jpgKeep right and you can jump over some boxes to get some goodies in a secret area.

3-9.jpgContinue around until the cutscene, and the bad guys will blow the door you just went through.

3-10.jpgKill the guys in this room, and go through the door to kill more Mercs.

---CONTINUED---

3-11.jpgGo in the door in the NE side up the room, and watch out for the guy on the stairs.

3-12.jpgContinue on into a room with a shield recharger and some more baddies.

3-13.jpgGo out the door, but wach out for the sniper on the other end.

3-14.jpgGo into the room and onto the lift in the center of the room.

3-15.jpgStep out to the right, and use the console.

3-16.jpgKeep going counter-clockwise and you'll have to kill another Cultist to get to the other console.

3-17.jpgAfter using both consoles, use the lift again to go down. Go around the doors until you hear Chewie roar, and go through to the door on the far end on the right.

3-19.jpgClear the area, and mission complete with end cutscene.

Sounds good. Amazing as it may sound, I did a run through of Tatooine (after having lots of fun getting killed by falling trees and having Rosh go suicidal on me.. in short all the problems that I never had on those missions before! lol) and found TWO secrets.

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/level3.shtml

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/jademo.shtml

So I got ya txa12654, found one you missed (and sith missed both of 'em apparently, he had mislabelled one of the objectives as a secret area instead). While the screenshots don't look as uniform (I'm using my own Twi-Lek, not his), it works.

I think I've come up with a satisfactory way to update each section. For each Tier, I'll just list what that Tier gives you (the Neutral Updates and Weapon Loadout Changes). So the rest is easy.

What I still want are:

New Enemies (in that mission, not previously encountered, ie: if you were playing the missions in order and not skipping any).

New Weapons (ignoring the Loadouts, what weapons can you find in the field that you didn't have introduced before?).

Also a couple of things I need to verify since it's been awhile since I played through the whole game...

1) Do you lose ALL weapons you gained on the previous mission when you go to the next one? Ie: are the loadouts all you start with?

2) In the Demo (since I no longer have it installed), how did the Force Powers work out... did you get to choose any, or did it just give you the default levels for Tatooine and then when you played Chandrilla it gave you high level powers out of the blue?

I seem to remember it being a little funny because if you played Chandrilla first you were uber powerful but then you went to Tatooine and were a padawan again. ; )

I would like a seperate walkthrough (with modifications) of the Demo version of Chandrilla if you can do that.

PS: Sam, looks like you beat me with your update... I'll put that up for the "Full Version" page next...

Wooty!

Here is the next one:

Tatooine, Droid Recovery

4-1.jpgStarting cutscene, and you go around the left to kill 3 Tuskins.

4-2.jpgContinue on to kill more Tuskins until you get to a building in the wall.

4-3.jpgGo right for some goodies, then return to the door and go through.

4-4.jpgKill the Tuskins until you get to a road going up to your right.

4-5.jpgGo on the one that goes straight for a secret area. Then go back to the one going up, kill the Tuskins, and continue on for more goodies and Tuskin killing.

4-6.jpgGo out the door and kill the Tuskins; cross the rock bridge (either one) and kill the Tuskins there and pick up the goodies scattered around.

4-7.jpgGo into the cave at the upper right of the section, and kill all the Tuskins here.

4-8.jpgContinue down until you get to the exit, that has some Jawas at it.

4-9.jpgThere you see a sandcrawler, and you need to go around to the front of it.

4-10.jpgKill the Tuskins here, and go up to the open sandcrawler.

4-11.jpgLook up and you'll see a tracter thing suspendid above you, Force Pull it, and it'll come down.

4-12.jpgJump on it to ride it up, and hop over to the crawler.

4-13.jpgHop on the boxes in the middle, and onto the catwalk, go right and use the trigger on the wall to open the lift (cutscene) and down again to to it.

4-14.jpgThere is a box you need to Force Pull out of the way, then use ride it up.

4-15.jpgKill the Tuskin, and you come to a room with a pool of lava.

4-16.jpgLook down to your left, and you'll see a slightly broken water pipe, saber throw it, and it'll cool the lava to jump on.

4-17.jpgGo on until you get to a room with flames coming out of the walls.

4-18.jpgGo around left, and the top flame on these two will go off for a minute; jump over and use the panel on the wall in front of you.

4-19.jpgThen turn around, look where the flames used to be going, and its actually a lift.

4-20.jpgUse Push on the box in the way, then clear the rooms of Tuskins, there will be a red R4 unit behind a box, again use Pull or Push on it, activate the droid, and follow it.

4-21.jpgWipe out the Tuskins, and then there will be a ending cutscene.

1) Yes, you do lose all you weapons, save your lightsaber. You have to choose a new load out every time.

2) Well, I really don't remember, but I could re-install the demo, go through it, and give you a seperate walkthrough later... is that ok?

As I said, you can put in the secrets of you want, it doesn't matter to me. But yea, I think that's where the screenie should go.

P.S

Friggan hell Kurgan, I also have Bakura coming your way in a few minutes!

Bakura

Emergency Assistance

5-14.jpgYou start at your ship with a cutscene, and then you need to go around to the left to the door you can see over the canyon.

5-15.jpgGo through, and turn right to face the grate, break it to get to a secret area. Then go to the console on the left side of the room, look at it, and it'll show what the bad guys are up to.

5-17.jpgGo through the door to the left of the console, and kill the stormies, and go under the stairs for a secret area.

5-18.jpgGo up the stairs, kill the baddies, and go, straight to the trip mines for the first bomb.

5-19.jpgThen go back down and to your right, kill the Commandos in the next room. Then go the next room that has more troopers, kill them and continue.

5-20.jpgThere are some fire and coolant pipes broken in this room, avoid them, and continue on.

5-21.jpgDestroy the turret and commando by the locked door, then jump over the mines in the hall, and kill the baddies in the next room.

5-22.jpgGo up the stairs and outside, kill the commandos and activate the bomb to disable it.

5-23.jpgGo all the way back to the locked door, use it.

Archived