Home

Editing .sab files

eaglekid2001

I'd seen somewhere that it was possible to create sabers that had their own custom move-list/animations ie.

--A single-saber that

-has a fighting stance is similar to a staff's

-has a kata move is a spinning kick

-has a forward+jump attack is the staff's butterfly attack

-has a forward+crouch attack is a saber hilt bash

-works underwater

-does not allow rolls and cartwheels

-has custom taunt/gloat animations

If anyone knows the strings for things like those mentioned above, could you please post them here

Thanks

Originally posted by eaglekid2001

I'd seen somewhere that it was possible to create sabers that had their own custom move-list/animations ie.

--A single-saber that

-works underwater

If anyone knows the strings for things like those mentioned above, could you please post them here

Thanks

It is indeed possible. Give me five minutes and I'll have one set out for you.

EDIT

First, let's create the base for a .pk3 folder. Creat a new folder in your C:\ drive. Call it "custom saber."

Inside that, create a folder caleld "ext_data."

Inside that we have one called "sabers."

And inside sabers, create a notepad .txt file. Call it "custom." Open this file and copy paste the following:

[qupte]

Originally posted by eaglekid2001

--A single-saber that

-works underwater

Thanks

It is indeed possible. Give me five minutes and I'll have one set out for you.

EDIT

First, let's create the base for a .pk3 folder. Creat a new folder in your C:\ drive. Call it "custom saber."

Inside that, create a folder caleld "ext_data."

Inside that we have one called "sabers."

And inside sabers, create a notepad .txt file. Call it "custom." Open this file and copy paste the following:

custom
{
name		custom
saberType	SABER_SINGLE
saberModel	"models/weapons2/saber_1/saber_1.glm"
soundOn		"sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop	"sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff	"sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength	40
saberColor	random
saberstyle	staff
katamove	LS_KICK_S
LungeAtkMove	LC_HILT_BASH
norolls		1
nocartwheels	1
oninwater	1
gloatanim	BOTH_FORCE_RAGE
tauntanim	BOTH_SCEPTER_HOLD
}

Now, save the file. Change the extension when you look at it in the folder from .txt to .sab. PK3 your first folder (named Custom, the one containing the other folders) by zipping it, and changing THAT extension to .pkz from .zip. Put it in base, and have fun.

Also, the animations for gloat and taunt may feel weird, I think the rage one is the one where the reborns use it and like, extend their chest. Try it out and let me know.

Now, save the file. Change the extension when you look at it in the folder from .txt to .sab. PK3 your first folder (named Custom, the one containing the other folders) by zipping it, and changing THAT extension to .pkz from .zip. Put it in base, and have fun.

Also, the animations for gloat and taunt may feel weird, I think the rage one is the one where the reborns use it and like, extend their chest. Try it out and let me know.

There's a TON. You can make weapons that when you hit a wall, they send everyone nearby flying. You can make a kata any move that exists in the game. Change any tuant/gloat to any animation out there.

The best source for this, although I haven't used it in months, is the Raven SDK for JA-mp. It has a list in there.

Archived