Home

Iritating

Mountainforest

It looks like a lot of new members have the funny idea that one of their first 10 posts should be a thread.

That makes up for a lot of threads that have already been posted before, because the probably haven't found the scroll button yet.

Isnt it possibile to denied people who aren't around long enough to make new threads? That way people can get used to the forums before the start making them.

I don't think that's possible, and nor would it be fair! Not all new members post spammy threads, so don't let some new members spoil it for the rest. If I just signed up for LucasForums itching to ask a good question, I wouldn't want to wait until I've been around long enough to start a new thread. :p

We Moderators are doing our best to cut down on the thread spam from new members, so just chill for now. When this game comes out, these forums will be flooded with new guys with lots of questions. You ain't seen nothin' yet. :cool:

Originally posted by Mountainforest

lol, I noticed. That's a fulltime job isn't it :D

anyway, why don't you just delete closed threads after a day (when everybody has seen it's closed)?

It reduces other's post counts, and actually causes more trouble to the server than it is worth. Most of the time, if you delete a post early, it is easy to handle. The only time we really delete a thread, is when we get a full fledged spam attack on the forums as a whole. Basically, what Jed says is true. We lock the thread, and watch it dissapear.

It's easier to periodically delete old threads, but usually admins will do a mass pruning about once a year.

Originally posted by Jed

No need to. Locked threads disappear off the first page pretty quickly. :)

speaking of whihc, can u unlock the Hire on Demand thread and just delete the posts that are bad? cause the clan is still active.

and darthgroovy, what happened to the darth maul in a suit? that guy was awesome.

Maybe this is an idea: Make a thread on the battlefront page for all fast questions and make it stickey. That way people who just want to know something small don't have to make a new thread for it.

No need to fit it all in one thread, people can post all their questions in this entire feedback section to get an honest answer ;)

Isnt it possibile to denied people who aren't around long enough to make new threads? That way people can get used to the forums before the start making them.

Maybe you can send this idea to vBulletin.com, so they can add it in a new version.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived