Home

Help with model failing to load ingame

BorisTheMighty

Hi there, as you can probably tell, I'm new around here. I've only just started modelling for JO, although I've got a bit of experience using 3ds max. Anyway, the problem I have is that I've managed to finish my model in 3ds max, and I've successfully compiled it to a .glm using assimilate. I've set it up in a .pk3 file with all the necessary files included. But when I come to load it ingame, I get a 'bad/missing bone' error message and it loads kyle instead. I've checked that all the bones are there in 3d studio, and I've checked the weighting too, and as far as I can tell, there are no problems with either of those. As I said before, it goes through carcass fine with no errors, so I can't understand why I'm getting this error ingame. The model has no LOD's (for now anyway). I loaded the model up in modview, and it seems to work fine. I even watched it go through every single animation, and it seems to encounter no problems. I'm tearing my hair out over this, because I simply cannot seem to find what's wrong with the model, so I'd be really grateful if anyone here can help me with this! Thanks.

Archived