Home

who has a job ??

jedi20015

Don't allow your mum to wait outside. My mum tried to force me to get a job, and she kept waving at me. God it was embarassing, so know i am looking for a job on my own!

Here are my mums top tips :p

> always think of a reason why you want the job. According to my mum they mostly ask you why you want the job (and dont say because you've got nothing else to do :D )

> If your 16 like me, dont bother, no-one wants 16 years olds for workers. Too many damn laws :( (well in the UK anyway. Stupid Tony Blair.)

> If they turn you down, keep pestering them. Say things like, 'is there any chance you will have a job in the future', and 'is there any vacancies in nearby stores'. Just keep pestering them... you never know, they might offer you a job to get rid of you :)

Here's some do nots I have learned in my experience.

1. Do not ask if you can bring weapons to work.

2. Do not answer 'Dead Serious' to anything, especially after asking number one.

3. Do not bang thier window while playing football in the parking lot. (Thats a big one)

4. Do not sing 'Space Oddity' wherever you go

5. Do not Let them overhear you say what you are going to spend the moeny you get from the job on.

6. Do not play tag inside the store.

7. Do not play football inside the store.

8. Do not take a walking stick to the store unless you absolutely need it.

9. Do not use said walking stick as a ninja fighting staff.

Originally posted by yaebginn

Here's some do nots I have learned in my experience.

1. Do not ask if you can bring weapons to work.

2. Do not answer 'Dead Serious' to anything, especially after asking number one.

3. Do not bang thier window while playing football in the parking lot. (Thats a big one)

4. Do not sing 'Space Oddity' wherever you go

5. Do not Let them overhear you say what you are going to spend the moeny you get from the job on.

6. Do not play tag inside the store.

7. Do not play football inside the store.

8. Do not take a walking stick to the store unless you absolutely need it.

9. Do not use said walking stick as a ninja fighting staff.

Whit this help, you can't do anything wrong :D

It depends how old you are.... if you want to work in a games store or 7-11 you'd at least have to be 17/18 I'd assume...

Ive just helped by 15 yo stepdaughter come up with a resume for a job at a local dept store. She interviewed last week, and got the job, having never worked at a dept store previously.

What you need to do :

get together a resume, including a little cover note about who you are and why you are interested in the job.

If you dont have a long work history, include on your resume

*achievements - any school, sporting etc achievements

*areas of knowledge and interest...

*personal goals

in an interview, be polite, be yourself. Dress neatly, ie no shirt tucked out etc, look presentable :) answer questions asked as best as possible. Don be afraid to admit things you may not entirely be familiar with. If asked questions about 'how would you handle this scenario'.... try and relate it to something similar that may have happenned to you

good luck :D

mtfbwya

Archived