Home

Air units suck

Booya2020

Lucas Arts should make the air units stronger. 1 missle takes down an air unit. Is it just me or is that insanly weak? I would like to have air units that can live at least one attack. Also, buildings should be weaker HP wise, or make it so the least damage anything can do to a building as 10 or 20. You can't kill buildings with anything exept pummels. Damn its gonna be another AoE2. Not that AoE2 is a bad game but the multiplayer is crap. Why play for three hours just to lose? Thats why I mainly play vs. Computers. Anything else is a waste of time.

Wow this really turned into a rant.

Guest Tie Guy

i agree, the air units suck, but in the 4th tech level they get shields, so that might help. Still, in most games i don't even build a tie plant or whatever it is called.

Also, they should make turrets easier to kill, they are too good

Guest NamelessOne

i could understand the fighters being weak - they are hit and run units. But bombers... they have to make them a little bit more powerful. They should at least make their attack more powerful.

Guest Darth_Venage

I agree. Air units are WAY too weak, and buildings(like turrets and fortresses) are way too strong. But, as its just a demo, these issues will probably be addressed in final version. Let's hope so.

Guest Cup_A_Jabba

I know what you guys are talking about. I was looking at the tech tree for the races and the Hp for a tie was around 20 hp!! :( I was shocked!! hopefully though Lucas Arts recognizes this mistake and/or the next 4th tech lvl will greatly increase the hp and attack power of these air ships.

Guest Luke Skywalker

Well I for one don't want this game to turn into a C&C tiberian sun game. If youve ever played multiplayer you know what im talking about. In Tib Sun 6 or 7 banshees will take out an entire base thats guarded by, oh lets say 10 SAMS. But on the other hand one hit kills arent that fun either. I say they make air turrets slower and have fighters withsstand 2 hits and bombers with stand 3. It would make sense.

:atat::deathii::deathstar:jawa:fett:

Guest DarkTrooper

one prob also with C&C Tiberean Sun Multipla is that if ur GDI the NOD always rushes with the devil tounge tanks and whoop me

i understand what you all are saying, my record stands at 1-3 b/c of people building turrets around the monument, which of course means game over for you unless you protect a good amount of pummels which is still difficult. if they don't correct this problem by the time the game is out, hopefully a patch will b/c that makes things way too unfair....

they should make it so that you can't build anywhere near the runes.......wouldent be that hard.....there has GOT to be a terrain type you can't build on.......

*and air units defiantly need to be tweaked.....but i am sure they will be tweaked by the time it has gone gold :)

Guest tuNg_TWiSTA

hmm, age of kings games don't last 3 hours usually, unless you are playing a large 3v3 or something on like black forest where noobies play and just wall their crap off.

I can have your econ smashed at the 11 minute mark, followed by your base at about a 16 min castle time.

takes strategy and thinking ;-)

Guest Emp_Palpatine

i think the developers designed the air units to kill off infantries, not necessary to attack buildings, but the tie bombers should be better, but i think they designed it to only take buildings or heavy siege weapons down.. (except for At-AA)

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

i understand what you all are saying, my record stands at 1-3 b/c of people building turrets around the monument, which of course means game over for you unless you protect a good amount of pummels which is still difficult. if they don't correct this problem by the time the game is out, hopefully a patch will b/c that makes things way too unfair....

Don't forget that when the game comes out, most people won't be playing "capture the monument." So it won't matter as much then.

Still...they need to fix the turret problem.

Guest garm2k1

What I don't like about the air units is that they are standing in the air like helicopters!

I know it also works in 'reality' with repulsors, but it looks crap!!:mad:

1. Anti-air is supposed to be that way, I guess I mean, look at the missile from the turret -it's about a meter long :p! Not even an X-Wing can survive that!

IMO, it's made that way to make a tactical element in the game: You have to take down the enemy air defense, then your fighters can move in (I played the imperials once, and my ally was a rebel, that was going 80% air units. I moved in with my dark troopers and mechs and fired about only at the enemy advanced anti-air units (basically a Kamikaze attack, but hey, they got the job done :D!). Then, my ally's air force went in and destroyed the base without taking a single hit!

2. They're not weak at all in terms of attack values. Remember the two TIE Bombers you see attacking the rebel base in the beginning of the demo? The building's HP goes down with 500 HP after every salvo! And that's just two TIE Bombers. Ever imagined what a whole squadron can do? They can take down a whole base with only one or two bombs! That's a building destroyed in five freaking seconds :evil1:! BTW, the imperials aren't an air civ at all (TIEs are more expensive to build), so well...

I Had 15 Z-95s and were all killed by one missle turret in about 10 seconds

Not a very good argument. I had about 15 troopers and they got killed by a fortress in about 10 seconds; Nobody says they are weak, heavy lasers are just their best counter (okay, Jedi too :)). Now that you have learned, you won't run Z-95s into their ultimate counters again, right. You've learned a valuable lesson! Be happy :)!

I was looking at the tech tree for the races and the Hp for a tie was around 20 hp!! I was shocked!!

Em, excuse me, but have you seen a star wars movie at all? How can you be shocked to find that the game is canon as it follows the movie? Remember how TIEs are destroyed by about a single shot ;)? If you haven't, I'm sorry.

Guest Tie Guy
Em, excuse me, but have you seen a star wars movie at all? How can you be shocked to find that the game is canon as it follows the movie? Remember how TIEs are destroyed by about a single shot ;)? If you haven't, I'm sorry.

but that doesn't explain why Z-95's and X-wings go down in 1 or 2 hits.

AirCraft are great for early 3rd age rushing. It's rare that you run intro significant Air defenses on your first attack. A few anti-air infantry can be killed by 8+ aircraft. I can routinly take out 20+ villagers in the process. Then as your opponents go crazy putting anti air everywhere, I attack from the ground to finish up.

Emo

Archived