Home

PC System Specifications released - drum roll please!

Schetter

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

I have GeforceFX5200. It looks like it will barely run the game if it's only recomended. Same for the RAM.

An FX is a good card. I recently upgraded from geforce 4 mx 420 to ati radeon 9800 pro, did some benchmarkings etc. Its 14 months old, but with the graphics bf has...

recommended means you'll be able to play the game easily. Minimum is where the game can be played and minor issues may occur

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Alegis

An FX is a good card. I recently upgraded from geforce 4 mx 420 to ati radeon 9800 pro, did some benchmarkings etc. Its 14 months old, but with the graphics bf has...

recommended means you'll be able to play the game easily. Minimum is where the game can be played and minor issues may occur

In theory perhaps. In the real world you usually need more than the recomended. The companies usually lower the requirements so more people would buy it

This is another reason why the consoles are popular. You have more people turning away from PCs because of some of the high specs which means more $$$. Counter Strike is the most popular online game hands down and that has to do with good game play and the fact that you only need a Pentium II, 16mb graphics, 128 ram, and a dial up.

Editorial:

I think its crazy when people shell a grand or more towards a system. You can build a top of the line gaming system for $700. IMO Alienware and gamer systems are a rip off. You want a gamer system best bet is to build one.

Originally posted by Whoopknacker

You can build a top of the line gaming system for $700.

I beg to differ. Sure, building your own machine will run cheaper than the brand names, but for a hands-down top of the line machine at any given time you're going to have to put down at least $1500. Hell, the best graphics cards on the market always run about $400...by your figure that doesn't leave room for much else...

I know there would be no problem running this game on my comp (upgraded just for this game), but will it run on max settings?

P4 2.1 GHz

1GB RAM

ATI RADEON 9800 Pro 128MB

I can run UT2004 at max setting and get really god frame rate 40-50fps. Hmmm, we'll just have to wait and see how this game really runs.

And I've never seen a difference of 1 GHz for the processor going from minimum to recommended, what's up with that?

Damn, I really wanna go get it for Xbox and play Xbox Live or something.... but then again I want it for my PC... but then again my PC isn't exactly the best thing out there...

1,67 GHZ

256 RAM

Geforce 4 MX 420 64 MB

AMD ATHLON XP 2000+

Well that's all I know, I want more RAM but I need to know what kind of RAM I already do have, and another 100 things that sort of make me go :confused:

Originally posted by _reTrY

How will the game run with a 64mb nvidia geforce mx 4 video card? Can someone tell me?

Yeah i have a 64 MB card and i can run battlefield vietnam in 1024x768 setting with medium to high detail. The game runs at a smooth 60 fps, don't worry. Their requirements are actually higher than this game's i think.

Think it will run on mine, I only have one problem :(

512 RAM

Intel Celeron 2.8 Ghz

About 50 Gigs left

AND... the problem:

Intel 845G with 64 RAM.

I know it doesn't support Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability, and most likley not that pixel.. thing :(

*CRIES

Well, with a few graphics fixes, I was able to run Max Payne 2, KOTOR and ROTK on this PC, with minor FPS issues. And those are some system intensive games!

Archived