Home

The NPC list

Neon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Clone_Fighter

He probably wont have much blood either... He's more machine than men, I believe Obi-Wan said on OT.. Not sure.

Would be kinda cool tho ;)

There would be no blood even if he were fully biological. Just as a lightsaber, laser bolts cauterize the wound, meaning the surrounding area is burnt, and this allows no blood to escape.

I think having lots of NPC's in a game like this is good especially for the people like me who wanted a original trilogy period game for PS2. All the games to date for PS2 are prequel trilogy period and had lots of npc's in the game! Including Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Starfighter, and Starfighter. my definition is any non-playable character, vehicle, creature, or starship. I didn't have any glitches in any of those star wars games.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I think having lots of NPC's in a game like this is good especially for the people like me who wanted a original trilogy period game for PS2. All the games to date for PS2 are prequel trilogy period and had lots of npc's in the game! Including Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Starfighter, and Starfighter. my definition is any non-playable character, vehicle, creature, or starship. I didn't have any glitches in any of those star wars games.

More NPCs don't make a game greater, if anything, they may hinder it. What happened to you, joesdomain, when did you hate Battlefront for all its worth. :confused:

Nothing is wrong with me! Once information has been confirmed for anything whether it be a video game or whatever I go to critic phase. Since the site that produced the information on the air vehicles and ground vehicles only mentioned certain ones. I am voicing my dislike for the ones left out and trying to valid points as to why they should be. Just like a movie critic in the movie industry!

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

More NPCs don't make a game greater, if anything, they may hinder it. What happened to you, joesdomain, when did you hate Battlefront for all its worth. :confused:

Okeys....... you played BF1942 mod galactic conquest? It was good game, you could be a trooper and drive & fly vehicles, it was good mod. The ONLY thing that seems to seperate these two games ( besides new graphics etc. ) is the fact that Battlefronts gameplay includes NPCs. Is it really fun to battle on a barren desert planet with nothing but sand and enemy units here and there, cause that's what it was like in Galactic Conquest. Now imagine different humans and animals running for cover in the battlefield, if you'd actually hit a hostile animal it would attack. You say these little things wont make the game greater, well those are EXACTLY the things that make it great. It's all about bringing the Star Wars universum to life not about perfect balance

Originally posted by Dragnarr

Now imagine different humans and animals running for cover in the battlefield, if you'd actually hit a hostile animal it would attack. You say these little things wont make the game greater

Mostly that consists of yellow neutral command posts where tusken raiders or wampas defend their post, are there really other animals hanging around besides this?

...isn't it going to be odd to be on Endor or Tatooine without R2-D2 and C3PO around? Even if they were just seen fleeing...always one step ahead of the mayhem...that'd be cool. At the very least they could appear deactivated in the sandcrawler...

Originally posted by PBF

...isn't it going to be odd to be on Endor or Tatooine without R2-D2 and C3PO around? Even if they were just seen fleeing...always one step ahead of the mayhem...that'd be cool. At the very least they could appear deactivated in the sandcrawler...

I don't think the quality of the game will decrease very much if we don't have a deactivated R2 in the Tatooine map :D

Ones that we did but didn't make it in the game are.

Wampas'

u did them so are we going to be able to spawn them like in doom 3

i got and addiction to wampa in sw academy

they grab somebody chop is arm and after look at him

i expect to see dark vader come in style like this :darthx and maybe they will be wounded when they run or something

:headblast its time to go lol

I think the quality of game does go down because then Battlefront becomes similar to other games. To just have trees, plants, sand, snow, or whatever and no life running around makes it look like a barren souless map. But to add attack wildlife like rancors, kryat dragons, wampas, etc. adds not only more realism and more star wars to the game but it makes you feel like you were there. It is like in the mos eisley map! you walk around in the buildings and in the streets and see no people, no animals, no nothing! It is like where the star wars universe go!

Originally posted by joesdomain

I But to add attack wildlife like rancors, kryat dragons, wampas, etc.

Don't forget the lag.

It's a slow animal, but you won't see it move. Everytime you see it it freezes. It isn't deadly, but anoying. If you try to shoot it, you seem not to be able to move yourself too. The only thing you can do is wait until the lag has left, and complain that the lag seems to be in the game :D

Archived