Home

Rakata is TSL???

Achilles

Originally posted by Mike Frank

Maybe Carth is still stuck on that mysterious planet after running away, heh.

Not a chance! I took care of him too :dev11:

Obsidian did specify that they wourl be reusing many of the Kotor stuff. Almost everything seems to be taken from Kotor 1. Just look at the Republic uniforms: they are retextures of the originals.

Originally posted by Darth333

Doesn't look too much like the Rakatan world...

Doesn't look anything like the Rakata island that we visited in KotOR, but they did mention that there were other islands.

And...there might be reminants of the Rakata Empire on other planets as well :D

Now, it would be completely lame if they played the same role in TSL, but it might be kinda cool to see them again for continuity.

That banner is depicting the Star Forge, and that was the symbol of the Rakatan Empire, so I have no clue why it would be legitimately in KOTOR:TSL. :eyeraise:

But I do have a thought on why it would be in the TSL previews...

The banner will probably have a different image in the shipped game, the one we see in the preview vid is probably an intentional KOTOR placeholder, dropped into override for the vid, so as not to reveal too much about the story, or too many of the new secret game elements themselves. The preview videos are just eyecandy to whet our appitites until a games release.

Just my 2 cents! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

That banner is depicting the Star Forge, and that was the symbol of the Rakatan Empire, so I have no clue why it would be legitimately in KOTOR:TSL. :eyeraise:

But I do have a thought on why it would be in the TSL previews...

The banner will probably have a different image in the shipped game, the one we see in the preview vid is probably an intentional KOTOR placeholder, dropped into override for the vid, so as not to reveal too much about the story, or too many of the new secret game elements themselves. The preview videos are just eyecandy to whet our appitites until a games release.

Just my 2 cents! :D

Gotta love a good conspiracy theory :D

I hope TSL doesn't have a Star Forge Revival ala Death Star and Death Star 2, but that is only if you went lightside and destroyed the thing.

If you went Darkside the Star Forge could still be working and operational, I suppose.

Originally posted by maverick187

I hope TSL doesn't have a Star Forge Revival ala Death Star and Death Star 2, but that is only if you went lightside and destroyed the thing.

If you went Darkside the Star Forge could still be working and operational, I suppose.

Actually, I remember reading somewhere that no matter what the outcome of KOTOR the Star Forge is destroyed before KOTOR:TSL begins, part of the story for TSL I guess.

Originally posted by jedi3112

Who is taking care of building that Star Forge, the Borg under the command of Darth Sion (or Darth Locutus) or the Sith/Jedi under Revan.

Makes me wonder if it actually is the Dark Side holding Sion together, it could be just the Borg personal shields.

"We are the Sith... Lower your shields and surrender your ships... we will add your biological and technological significance to our own... Resistance Is Futile."

:D

Now we know what a naked Borg looks like. I guess we'll find out if the Borg shields work against lightsabers as well. And since all Borg are the same, I wonder hoe they count that in the Sith rule that there can be only 2, they made up a few 1000 years later. We now also know why the Dark Side is easier, just get yourself assimilated and there you are a full Sith Lord.

Originally posted by Mike Frank

They did have a habit of reusing stuff like that in kotor...

I know ... it seems like they must have had a massive cloning technology that was in use but not talked about - after all, there were only ~6 faces you saw in the whole game ;)

Mike

Archived