Home

Pod Racer Collection (WIP)

hatrus

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no news on mars or edocotts OR odys pod yet. seems that ninja only has time for it no the weekends with school and such.

Some good news tho, all finished pods had custom sounds and their turning, acceleration, turbo, and max speed have been custom tweaked for each pod based on physics, mass, and output of the engines. SOme pods take longer to reach top speed but when they do they are faster then others. SOme pods have max exceleration in a secon but have a lower top speed, and some have great manuverability but low speeds, and some have superfast sppeds but low manuverability. THe best pod depends on the track.

Originally posted by hatrus

no news on mars or edocotts OR odys pod yet. seems that ninja only has time for it no the weekends with school and such.

Some good news tho, all finished pods had custom sounds and their turning, acceleration, turbo, and max speed have been custom tweaked for each pod based on physics, mass, and output of the engines. SOme pods take longer to reach top speed but when they do they are faster then others. SOme pods have max exceleration in a secon but have a lower top speed, and some have great manuverability but low speeds, and some have superfast sppeds but low manuverability. THe best pod depends on the track.

Ah, good news. That's definitely the right way to do it.

wel as he says each pod wil probably have a track at wich it is best on

like one track wil have lots of straight part

while the other track has lots of bends

so on the first track its better to use a racer thats faster on long straight tracks

while on the other track its best to use a racer that can go around corners more smoothly

so you wil need to find out what pod is best for what track

good luck with that one hehehehe

good im glad ya apporve of my adjustments for the the pods. I had two sides at me about that topic. One guy said that if I changed any of the settings on the pods it would make them unfair, while one guy said that it would make it more intresting.

Well gonna go beat up zappa on battlefront but ill post some more updates soon i hope.

Originally posted by hatrus

Take a look here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/7614/

The pod itself looks very good but there are a few problems with it.

1st the energy binder effect is only a black rectangle with flashes in it. 2nd the pod changes the sounds of all other vehicles. for ex. if you have the pod installed and ride a swoop you hear the sebulba's pod sound.

could you make it so that each pod has it's own sounds and does not mess up the sounds of other vehicles?

Greetings

AlfHoschi

I told Hatrus about the problems, over at PC Game Mods, and I can fix them, if he tells me which pictures he used for the effects. Or, if not which pictures, which effects did he remake for the pod racer? The sound thing can be fixed easily, and I can fix these errors happily, whenever you would like me to.

:fett:

Hi there,

as i heard of hatrus, i was happy somebody is creating the pods i always wanted to do and even better then i could do! new sebulba pod? great! i wasnt perfectly happy with my own sebulba pod.

but then i read this and got angry:

"Here is the movie accurate Subulba's Pod built entirly from the ground up. This is way better then the one floating around the community right now."

"Notes: The model was made entirly by Lord Hatrus using 3ds Max 6 and photoshop."

"To spawn sebulba's pod, first remove duncan's sebulba pod racer cause you wont use it anymore." readme by hatrus

Edit: yes, i got angry, but hatrus and me cleared this out, it was a missunderstanding. i am sorry for being a pit harsh, i calmed down and its ok again.

good luck with this project!

Before the screaming starts on here (trust me it will), I'd like to say its a pleasure to see Duncan still visits thsese forums. The model stealing/mix up has been an issue for some time, however I'd advise Hatrus not to start flaming on this thread, admins have closed one of his threads before due to this problem.

Archived