Home

Pod Racer Collection (WIP)

hatrus

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive done some research on that Jedi Knight Racing mod made about the beginning of the year. The developers where Chrono and Shroomduck. Luckily I know someone that beta tested there mod and are good friends with them. So im gonna talk to my friend that knows Chrono and see if we cant get something put together or if he can send us the files and stuff to do something like that mod but make it better. Anyway, if I can I will try to start a website for the Pods tonight. Ill keep you posted of what happens.

Originally posted by hatrus

He has started waht seems to be a new trend with custom podracers, single engine pods, with a engine as powerful as 2 regular podracers.

Yeah thats me! xD

Btw, your pod is hipernice, it looks like an Area 51 pod =D.

There are 4 in game:

Anakin

LightNinja

Quadinaros

Teemto

Originally posted by Zappa_0

lighted? What do you mean by that? Yea Z, I seen that hope to talk to you soon.

Really bad idea to post at 2 am. Lighted, I mean well lit - ingame and with some light sources. =)

Originally posted by Lil Killa

lit... what did you think? ;)

Also TTL.. those shots out in the dessert are in-game shots.

I did notice the skybox and character players. :p I meant the combination of ingame and lighting, both.

Sup homies, I got some good news again. Ive just broken my record for models per week (in jka), Ive done 7 complete pods with in this week, and I intend to finish another one on Sunday so that would make 8 :) This is gonna be the biggest vehicle release ever, its only fair since i released the biggest saber pack for jka, and biggest modern weapons pack too. More is better. Good things come in large packages.

So recap:

I have completed:

1. Anakin Podracer

2. Gasgano Podracer

3. Mars Podracer

4. Teemto Podracer

5. Quadinaro Podracer

6. Neva Podracer

7. Hatrus Podracer

8. LightNinja Podracer

9. Zappa Podracer

What left is:

10. Sebulba Podracer

11. Endocott Podracer

12. Ody Podracer

And to encourage creativity and custom podracers, Im also going to release the following:

Podracer VDK (Vehicle Development Kit):

1. Example podracers

2. Podracer prefab parts

3. Skins from podracers

4. Shaders, EFX, and .veh Files

5. Small tutorial to making a podracer

6. Instructions to making a proper .skin file

7. Notes, tips, and ideas

8. Duncan's JKA vehicle tutorial

So I will post the main render of each pod when I finish them all 12 of them.

And to the people making maps for the podsracers: make anything you want as long as its wide enough for a podracer to pass another podracer.

Yea thats great news. Yea the maps are gonna be huge inorder to hold the pods. Hopefully things will go smoothly from here on out. Also if my bandwith for the site starts to go overboard, I will take it offline because I need my JOM site up and running 100% to keep people informed.

Originally posted by Zappa_0

http://www.freewebs.com/jaracer/main.htm

Let me know if anybody has any problems with the site. I am still basically new to html. Special thanks to Vader for helping me test it. Other links will be online later.

Sceeen shots? I think not! :p I like it when I started modelling my pit-droid I started playing EP1 Racer again, good game! :D I'd like it very much if I could help out and be part of the crew, for starters, when my pit-droid is skinned you can use him as the official JA: Racer Pit-Droid :p. I could try to make a little mod for customizable pit-droids too.

Archived