Home

Pod Racer Collection (WIP)

hatrus

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hatrus, you my boy! I was kind of late in posting, but I never really post here until I heard of all the shyze some little pre-pubesent punks are slinging at you. Let me lay it down for ya:

You rule! You the man! and your very, VERY good at what you do! Don't EVER let people tell you otherwise, because you are too important , a great asset and friend to the JA/JO community.

If there is anything I can ever do for you, just email me: se7enraven@hotmail.com I can skin, do sounds, map (a little) and if you EVER need anything, just ask and I will be on it like white-on-rice! With no obligation or payment. Keep up the good work and hold your head high, where it belongs! PEACE!

I think I have everything under control. As we both know there is no way u can get a pod in a regular map and actually use it. So we will have to make this into a mod. I am gonna try to get somemore inside help from the JA Racer ppl and go from there. From the models of the actual racers we might or might not get them, it just depends on what will happen.

Talk to stotto, I think hes pretty good with shaders. Ive got the Boonta Eve videos recorded from the game and im sending them not to you XG over msn. Z, if you want them msg me on msn, I'll have a few more for you. Make sure you have real media player, cause im rendering them to rm to be smaller.

And to encourage creativity and custom podracers, Im also going to release the following:

Podracer VDK (Vehicle Development Kit):

1. Example podracers

2. Podracer prefab parts

3. Skins from podracers

4. Shaders, EFX, and .veh Files

5. Small tutorial to making a podracer

6. Instructions to making a proper .skin file

7. Notes, tips, and ideas

8. Duncan's JKA vehicle tutorial

Its good to see people contributing to the community. I'd recommend passing that along to OJP also.

Originally posted by se7enraven

I have a question: being 3dsmax is so expensive, did eveyone working on this actually buy 3dsmax? If so, where is the cheapist place to get it? Thx

1) Don't expect an answer to that.

2) It's too expensive even if it's cheapest somewhere. If ya want to make vehicles, why not just download gmax for free?

Archived