Home

Pod Racer Collection (WIP)

hatrus

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To reply to 7's question:

I bought Max 6 for about 1950 USD. I have to have a licenced comercial version for my job, if I take my work home. I got it cheap cause I got a good deal, but if you look online you can probably find a version for 2500 or less. Not as expensive as you thought huh? Its amazing how cheap its become now days, I remember when Max cost 10,000 dollars.

There is also an academic version you can get a 1 year licence for. But you have to send in a copy of your class schedule to prove you are a student I think.

You can also get Max from "other" locations. This is the "dont expect an answer to that question" the guy was talking about. If you dont know what Im talking about then I would not suggest looking into it. I dont know if they still do, but I remember when Autodesk had a 10,000 dollar reward for anyone that successfully turned in someone that was using an illegal version of Max. So be careful.

If you do get your hands on a copy then I'd be glad to give you the basics over MSN or AIM messenger. Also I sent you a mail cause I might need your help so look for it.

With all due respect TFP, its Zappa, not Zeppa. And your only adding to the fire.

Now going back to the topic at hand. No new pods have been put into game yet, but the mappers are getting a good start on the maps, especially XG. I have recorded some video of the tracks and sent it to most of the mappers to help them get ideas and such. I am sure in a few days we will have a few more pods and a few more pics to show off.

Originally posted by hatrus

To reply to 7's question:

I bought Max 6 for about 1950 USD. I have to have a licenced comercial version for my job, if I take my work home. I got it cheap cause I got a good deal, but if you look online you can probably find a version for 2500 or less. Not as expensive as you thought huh? Its amazing how cheap its become now days, I remember when Max cost 10,000 dollars.

There is also an academic version you can get a 1 year licence for. But you have to send in a copy of your class schedule to prove you are a student I think.

You can also get Max from "other" locations. This is the "dont expect an answer to that question" the guy was talking about. If you dont know what Im talking about then I would not suggest looking into it. I dont know if they still do, but I remember when Autodesk had a 10,000 dollar reward for anyone that successfully turned in someone that was using an illegal version of Max. So be careful.

If you do get your hands on a copy then I'd be glad to give you the basics over MSN or AIM messenger. Also I sent you a mail cause I might need your help so look for it.

You say 1950USD as if it was small money. Most people (kids) can't efford to spend that much on a software.

well to be honest, to me 2000 is about half as what I spend per month buying stuff for my gf, my house, adding stuff to my car, and for myself. I set a budget to only spend so much a month like most people do. But I can see how 2000 could look like a lot to kids. It could buy an ok computer or a nice guitar.

Archived