Home

Monkey Island The Play

pirate boy

There's going to be a completely different actor for Fester.

The only way that the audience could even contemplate that these two characters are the same person is that they are going to wield around the same sword.

But basically what'll happen is Fester'll double down behind a giant table with a cloth over it. LeChuck'll pop up and shred like a second pair of Fester clothes. Maybe include like a rubber mask or something. But there can be like a quick spray from the fog machine. It'll be cool.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why can you not use a mask and cloathing that can just be taken on and off very quickly? It would look better if the audience can see the transformation on stage.

What are you doing with the script? how close to the game is it? and are you using all the sets? like paco vink's comic version he skips some stuff out.

And I've seen the world of monkey island has a small thing about the play.

(no i'm not being payed to link you to them)

Originally posted by pirate boy

There's going to be a completely different actor for Fester.

The only way that the audience could even contemplate that these two characters are the same person is that they are going to wield around the same sword.

But basically what'll happen is Fester'll double down behind a giant table with a cloth over it. LeChuck'll pop up and shred like a second pair of Fester clothes. Maybe include like a rubber mask or something. But there can be like a quick spray from the fog machine. It'll be cool.

That sounds quite effective!

Are there any updates on the status of the play? Have you finished casting?

Yes. The cast was casted back in December before break.

Scripts have been handed out and people have been slowly looking over their lines.

We aren't allowed to use the theater until March because the musical has first dibs. SO, any meetings we hold between now and March will have to be held outside of school.

I think what he meant was when I casted the show was I also looking for voices similar to that in the game Curse and Escape?

No, I went more on the lines of actors abilities and somewhat their overall appearance. I hope and encourage them to play the games. If they want to base their voices off of those in the game then that'll be left up to them.

I directed, produced, and stared in a play that I wrote last year. I was given less than four weeks to pull together a show meant to be a film. And half of the actors were meant to be women. So I had to make amens and change a bunch of stuff.

So I am coming in to Monkey Island with quite a bit of knowledge from the previous go around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by scumm local

very good ! maybe it would be best to send it to ron gilbert cause i cant see lucas arts wanting you making a new versioun if you do manage to do this dont involve lucas arts in any features trust me it will ruin it :guybrush:

Did I miss something? Because I don't think that Pirate Boy ever said they would give it to Lucasarts or anyone.

Someone tell me if I missed something.

I thought he was making it into a game i cant imagine someone making the secret of monkey island into a play it wouldnt be funny it wouldnt be able to have a dtory with sense can you see guybrush picking up tons on stage until eventually stopping a wedding i misunderstood his title good werk pulling it off in your back yard

Originally posted by scumm local

I thought he was making it into a game i cant imagine someone making the secret of monkey island into a play it wouldnt be funny it wouldnt be able to have a dtory with sense can you see guybrush picking up tons on stage until eventually stopping a wedding i misunderstood his title good werk pulling it off in your back yard

Did you read any of the actual thread? the plays already in production, on a real stage and everything. Give the guy his props, it sounds like it's gonna be great.

ok but i read some come on monkey island aint 1 of them serious aventure games and no matter how many times you try explain mi to anybody who never seen it it doesnt work out theres hardly any tensioun in it its a humor game with funny puzzles that would never ever work in real life anyways how could it be long either youd add all of it and wed be up all night or cut to key points of the game.it aint gonna happen best of luck tho

Archived