Home

What is a moderator?

Darth Groovy

I always get Mike mixed up with Matt...those two Windus are confusing..:p

*looks at post above mine* Oh great Matt Windu, I pay you homage...wait, are you Mike? :eyeraise:

Anyways, I recently saw Alegis became a mod...I still remember when I read his newbie thread! Geez! Compared to some people, I'm not as active as I think! :eek:

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

As far as Supermod promotion goes... it all depends on the need for a position, and is also based on the merrit of the mod in question

this thread is the most active i've seen mods post in a long while. all part of your elaborate plan to bring them all out of retirement eh groovester?

Can you be removed from a mod position once you become one

Yup.

Usually when a new forum opens, Supermods and admin will open discussions on who would be well fit to moderate a particular community. We choose them based on merrit, most of the time we vote on it. If we get enough aproval, that person will get made a moderator.

What if you don't find someone who is 'well fit' to moderate a new community and everyone else who is 'well fit' isn't interested in moderating that community...

Is this how people like Alegis become mods???

:D

J/k mate. Seriously though, what happens? I asusume it's pretty unlikely but... has to happen sometimes.. :p

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Yup.

What if you don't find someone who is 'well fit' to moderate a new community and everyone else who is 'well fit' isn't interested in moderating that community...

Is this how people like Alegis become mods???

J/k mate. Seriously though, what happens? I asusume it's pretty unlikely but... has to happen sometimes.. :p

Technically Alegis isn´t a mod. He´s just the one to bring us the coffee :p

To assign mods we always search for the "best fit people" and when those people aren´t on the scene, they are dragged in.

Someone who seems a well fit but isn´t active in the area is asked if he/she has intrest to mod the area. If he/she agrees a new mod is assigned, if he/she declines the search continues or Smods clear the area for the time being.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

*Decides not to bring up Chase Windu (Boba Rhett's twin brother) at this time.* :emodanc:

I think the reason is for the "M's" in the names.

But I could be wrong.

And Im wondering, does anybody even CARE what happens in the MI forums? Its total anarchy over there. Like, there is no modding going on.:confused:

Originally posted by Lynk Former

Yeah the mods are the regular beat cops, the supermods are your special investigations units, etc and your admins are the grumpy chiefs behind the desk yelling at all of us that we suck at our jobs :D

So my taxes are paying for Rhett's vacation? :xp:

Originally posted by ZBomber

Anyone see Darky at all? Maybe he's posting in the mod forums, but I miss him. :(

it seems darky has developed a case of lurkitis. a common disease that affects a person's abiltiy to post frequently. no matter how often they visit, they still only manage to post one a month, if that.

if you see a lurker then shower him/her with love and make them feel special, only that can bring the lurker from their shell.

he posted at EB today BTW

Darky's just...finding himself...I dunno :p

And Im wondering, does anybody even CARE what happens in the MI forums? Its total anarchy over there. Like, there is no modding going on.

Don't ask here, we don't mod over there XD

Originally posted by Acrylic

And Im wondering, does anybody even CARE what happens in the MI forums? Its total anarchy over there. Like, there is no modding going on.

*Laughs uncontrollably*

Man, I'm not touching that place with a 10 ft. pole.

Jed and Groovy and other mods know why. ;)

Archived