Home

What is a moderator?

Darth Groovy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by iamtrip

Do you have to be into horses to become a mod?

no...

but then if someone posted that their horse had just died, and then you were to post that you thought that was "good news" your chances of becoming a mod may be somewhat reduced.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Well, they've been doing a very good job considering the ammount of people over there.

Yes they do, but look at it this way: Everytime I go there, there is about a page of threads with new posts. At LEAST half of these are new topics, and about three quarters of these threads exist already. And there is spam in the existing threads too.

Originally posted by Herminator

Yes they do, but look at it this way: Everytime I go there, there is about a page of threads with new posts. At LEAST half of these are new topics, and about three quarters of these threads exist already. And there is spam in the existing threads too.

They are not machines you know, they need sleep and can't be on the computer 24/7.

Originally posted by Herminator

Paying attention as alwyas Mikey?:p Its exactly what im saying: We need more mods, even though those who already are do a great job.

Not really, it's not like they are on once a day. So what if a thrwad is in the wrong place for an hour or so, it'll just get merged soon. ;)

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

vb is like a mix of phpbb and ipb from i've noticed so far too ;)

Not really, as phpBB is GPL released and its features do not rely on IPB or vB. Lots of people want phpBB to be a vB look-alike, but I refuse to let it do that. IPB seems like phpBB except for the fact that its interface looks n00bish while vB goes for the more "professional corporate" approach since it's paid-for.

Yes, I hang around phpBB and other phpBB-related sites too much.

I don't think that says they can just check them for no reason tho, right?

It's as simple as looking up LF's database, except for the fact that LF's database is HUGE.

time to disappear again

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

It's as simple as looking up LF's database, except for the fact that LF's database is HUGE.

time to disappear again

That wasn't my question. ;) I was askin if they look at PM's for no reason other to see what we've been doin. :D But I think it's been answered already......

Archived