Home

What is a moderator?

Darth Groovy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

Ok time for me to turn this back on topic with a question!

Lets see. Ummmm....... I dont know. Most people have posted all the good questions.

Why are some smods like a mod of a forum like Lynk is of the SW forums?

Lynk is a supermod of the SW forums the same way I am a supermod of the Swamp.

We elect supermods and assign them to a territory. Those supermods are assingned with the task of keeping the peace. When we are online, a moderator has to contact one of us to ban somebody, because they lack the power. We are here to help the mods, nothing more!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by TheOutrider

Who chooses the moderators, do Administrators choose the people who become moderators.

moderators and super mods may make recommendations, but yes the final decision is up to the admins.

Edit: I need to talk to them about InsaneSiths job

Just kidding InsaneSith :D

Though you can't get me here :xp:

you'd like to think that wouldn't you.

Who chooses the moderators, do Administrators choose the people who become moderators.

The Super Mods do. At least that's how it's been recently. I don't know what goes on in the Super Mod (and Admin?) forum(s), but I'm thinking the Admins maybe "approve" decisions for new Mods? Just speculation.

How Super Mods are picked? I have no clue. :p

S-mods and local moderators do have a great say in choosing a new moderator for a certain forum. They probably have a good deal more experience with the users of that forum than that admins do, so they would know which users to recommend for a modship. The admins review it and nine and a half times out of ten, approve the decision.

As for S-mod selection? I really have no clue either. I know Pad got his by wandering around the admin pub with no pants. That dirty bastard. :p

Archived