Home

What is a moderator?

Darth Groovy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MTV2

moderators cant ban? whoa, thought they could, thanx;)

But moderators can get people banned by asking a supermod/admin to do it. ;)

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

That is true you know. If everyone was a mod they would sticky there thread when they post it.

Now, now, do you see us mods making every thread we post sticky? :D

If everyone had the ability to make a thread sticky, we'd be having sticky wars, since the way it's set up anyone can unstick as easily as stick.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

And honestly, would THIS thread be as effective as a sticky?

What Redwing is saying, is that we have that power, but we don't abuse it. Otherwise my Halo 2 thread would have been a sticky :)

Question: How exactly DO you decide what gets a sticky? My guess is if it has important information on a game (As in, for the JA forum, you would sticky a new patch) and, for off-topic forums, just things that the community will find helpful?

Lynk: Yes master. :(

And sometimes if a thread is popular, and could answer a lot of questions, it'll get stickied so new users would see it and not create a new thread for the millionth time asking the same question... and if a thread is inactive for so long it'll get unstickied.

I don't think changing post count is really a vb feature. Also I don't think someone would ever do this. Kurgan actually has +12345 posts ;)

Anyone with access to the mysql server could change the values, but we're not really postcount hungry ;)

Originally posted by TheRealJedidude

Are 10 year olds allowed on this site. Im 10 and it let me sign up but somebody said its against the TOS for 10 year olds to be on.

Yes. We like to saw off the toes of any underaged forumers. With guitar strings. Steel ones. Coated in lemon juice.

;)

That's just to cover LF's asses. I myself joined when I was 12...I even told an admin that I was twelve, nothing happend.

Originally posted by TheRealJedidude

Are 10 year olds allowed on this site. Im 10 and it let me sign up but somebody said its against the TOS for 10 year olds to be on.

It says when you sign in that no one under 13 can register. (but, I think, it says with parents permission that you can go on this site, so make sure you tell them about this;))

in your profile you can put your TOB for 2003 and it wouldnt care, it matters what you say when you register

And you are probably the only 10 year old here(or the youngest here);)

Originally posted by TK-8252

There are kiddies running around here way younger than ten. Like seven and eight. Can barely figure out what it means to make a "new reply" or what a "FAQ" is. :p

Are you serious!? OMFG! Thats crazy(not meaning to offend anybody)I wonder who it is:rolleyes:

:D:p:cool::D:p:cool:

Originally posted by MTV2

i know y theres so many moderators

but theres like 3,5,8,10 admins

I only know 2- Boba Rhett, and chris3-po(i think)

Because admins are the people who run the sites. All admins are admins because they do/have done website work, or run/help run an LF website. :)

Archived