Home

What is a moderator?

Darth Groovy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to their superiors.

For a complaint against a moderator, go to a supermod that's in charge/prominent in the area. If it's a supermod that yer complaining about (and screw you, if you hate me just say so :p [just kidding! XD]), contact an administrator for the area.

For JK.net, I'd say your best bets are Darth Groovy, obi-wan13, and myself for supermods, and Kurgan and matt-windu for administrators.

Originally posted by TK-8252

I'd like to make a complaint about Jed.

He refuses to give me teh secks he promised me in the Mod-only forum. :xp:

Keeding...

You're right.

Only I promised you on MSN :o

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

i know from talking to some of the mod team that you guys feel there aren't enough of you working on this site. what do you guys feel about that as a whole?

That we should make Zee a Super Mod and have him run all the forums. :xp:

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

i know from talking to some of the mod team that you guys feel there aren't enough of you working on this site. what do you guys feel about that as a whole?

I have no idea who you've been talking to. I disagree with that completely. We don't need a crapload of staff - we just need good staff.

As of now, that's what I feel we have. I don't think we need anyone else on board at this point in time.

Actually the biggest issue is when you need a mod or super mod or admin around there may not be one available. While we do have plenty of good mods, etc they can't be online 24/7. Obviously we all have lives to go on with and also need sleep so sometimes things occur in forums when there happens to be no one on patrol for whatever reason.

Originally posted by Kain

I should be a mod. I would pwn all other mods with my 1337 m0d skil1z, i'll make other m0ds look like n00bs myg0t!

...that having been said: Can regular mods rape post counts or is that an admin perk only?

That's an admin perk, and I am glad you brought that up.

As you know, posting a thread boasting about post counts is against the rules.

matt-windu first started removing posts for posting such threads. I have seen him remove as much as 800 posts depending on the mood he is in.

I've also seen members get post reductions if they are spamming particular threads or forums.

Bottom line, don't post a thread about your post count. It is OK to post in another thread and while sticking to the subject, mention.... BTW....1000 posts!!!! That doesn't bother us at all. It is also ok to document it in your sig.

As long as you don't post a new topic about your post count (and really, none of us really care about your post count anyways....we care about the quality of your posts) you'll be fine.

Also, I have not seen any admin reduce post counts for at least a year now.

I've never seen a mod delete a really big thread - just some ******* who couldn't take the fact that his debate tactics (flaming and posting false facts and biased opinions) were getting called out and everyone was beating him into the ground about it. I lost about 100 posts...

...that ****er.

I've never seen a mod delete a really big thread - just some ******* who couldn't take the fact that his debate tactics (flaming and posting false facts and biased opinions) were getting called out and everyone was beating him into the ground about it. I lost about 100 posts...

...that ****er.

If that happened during the rise and fall of the points system, we ALL lost ALOT of postcounts during that time frame.

Don't take it personal.

...that ****er.

My bad. I'm trying to do better. Really. Won't happen again. DAMMIT! I KNOCKED OVER A BEER ONTO MY KEYBOARD!!! ARRRGGGG!!!!!

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

You have that problem too? :p

Only when I have beer. Which is pretty much any time I can have beer...which is pretty much anytime I can convince my wife to let me get it, or sneek it in the house while she's at work. Which is pretty much every day. Which pretty much means I **** up alot of keyboards. Gah.

Archived