Home

Call of Duty question

Crazy_dog no.3

I'm asking becuase my Dad has got me a copy of Call of Duty, US version.

As I understand it, the US version of Vietcong(rated Teen) is somewhat toned down compared to the UK version, rated 18, which for movies is the equivalent of an R or NC-17 over here (Evil Dead and Die Hard have this rating, for example) . The UK version features graphic voilence and frequent use of the "F" word.

Anyways the UK version of Call of Duty is rated 15, which is the equivalent of an R or sometimes (though rarely)PG-13. Gladiator and American Pie have been given this rating, as have the games Silent Hill (all 3 of them), Mafia and Max Payne(both 1 & 2). SH, Mafia and Max Payne are all rather brutal and voilent and have thier fair share of profanity (well, Max Payne 2 and Mafia anyway). Does this mean that the UK version of CoD is more graphic than the US version (like Vietcong) or are they the same and the BBFC are just being strict?

Originally posted by Alegis

call of duty is actually kinda mild. There's no blood, no decapitations, no dismemberment... Just shooting actually.

Correct.

All you seem to do actually is just aim your cursor at a nazi, click, and then they fall down... :confused:

Yeah that's all fine and good but is the UK version higher in gore like and possibly swearing like Vietcong(hense the harsh 15 certificate) or is it exactly the same, with the BBFC (British censors) just being harsh.

Becuase I want the version with more gore, dammit! Unless of course they're the same.

Anyways even if they are the same I'll probably be OK becuase according to the the Gamespot review:

Call of Duty, like Allied Assault, squeaked by with a "T" rating from the ESRB despite the extremely violent subject matter it portrays. Unlike Allied Assault, it even shows a little blood in the form of a red mistlike spurt that's seen when a bullet hits its mark. For better or worse, there's no graphic violence here, but the animations are realistic, and action is visceral.

When they get shot I wanna seem 'em bleed.

CoD is my favorite game since I got it 3 months ago, MultiPlayer is so ****ing fun (But have a good connection and a nice rig --- [No FX 5200s cause they suck, but no need for a ATI 9800 cause its not that intensive] Its just that Its alot better with a good and steady framerate)

TiE

Originally posted by TheJackal

buy the least expensive one. probebly the US version since you dont have to import it. and then download a free blood patch.

Actually I live in the UK, so if it was the US verson I will have to import it, but my Dads gone to the US so it's the traditional parents-bring-home-presents-after-trip-to-other-country thing.

Yeah some of the blood patches look good, but others are too OTT(you can blow peopl's heads off!)

Archived