Home

I'm back

Sutcara

One more time anyway. Before I was banned I was called hatful. Now that the bill passed perhaps I won't be called hatful. I've realised several things over the past year; one of them is that Marriage was never an institution about love - and that idea always needed to be debunked. It's like a DVD-R. Some refuse to burn, and end up as coasters, others are used as frisbees. However that isn't their purpose and just because some end up like that doesn't change what they were made for - they're for holding data. Not for labelling - however I should label them; now that's like love and Marriage there should be love - but you shouldn't get married because of it, rather it should be there because of the marriage.

Like I label my DVD-Rs based on the data stored in them, rather than basing the data on the label - makes sense doesn't it? Simple concepts; readily applied in every day life and yet divided? Nah, it's the bleeding obvious.

-\\mek//-

Love is not the reason people get Married. To date, most Marriages have been arranged. Thus I can defiantly compare that to DVD-Rs if I like. See people have this attitude : get married because you're in love; if the love goes get divorced. But the definition of Marriage as in the amended act; and traditionally is: a life-long commitment between a man and a woman; Jesus said "What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." (Matt 19:6b).

You could say Marriage isn't a religious institution - but then what do you think it's based on? Did not Australia's government come from England? Was England not entirely governed by Christians when Cromwell reformed their government? What is the reason for having legislation for Marriage? To promote family values; to provide safe, sustainable homes for children; to recognize a life-long commitment as to create stability and accountability?

See, we unfortunately have no-fault divorce demonstrated by 12 months continual separation, but it wasn't originally like that. It was originally 5 years; if you ask me that was better - it made people think long and hard about their divorce, as to sustain the institution of marriage.

I do not know of one person who has had an arranged marriage.

People who aren't religious still get married. It's because they love eachother. Instead of using a priest, they have a marriage celebrant. If people fall out of love then so be it. I'm sure your precious ****ing god wouldn't want people living unhappily.

I really wish you wouldn't drag religion into everything. It pisses people off and you know it. Don't you have anything better to do than troll an internet forums with your religious crap, which practically no one cares about? And to piss people off with your insaine religious ramble. If people wanted to discuss the values of the book of Matthew, they'd go to church or sign up to religious nutcase forums.

Originally posted by Natty

Don't you have anything better to do than troll an internet forums with your religious crap, which practically no one cares about?

Well, apparantly the government cares about it - in fact all the major parties supported the bill. And I'm not trolling, WE passed a bill, that I was in favour of. The US failed to pass a bill that I was in favour of; go figure.

This is an internet forum, not the goverenment. If you want to discuss government matters, try http://www.abc.net.au or http://www.ninemsn.com.au/aca where you will find that people on there would be more than happy to discuss such matters with you. Or I suggest you try posting your views on http://www.sayhey.co.uk :) Ask for the views from people there and let me know what you think? And if I remember correctly, the Democrats were opposed to that bill. Anyway, I'm not voting in this election. I'm drawing smiley faces over my ballot paper.

Thankyou for demonstrating what I thought Natty, this is a partial transcript from an online chat I had about an hour ago with a girl:

He: I reckon men are more political then women.

She: so it would seem

He: it's like when I was 18, you'd talk to other fella's all thinking about the election - quite seriously; then you talk to girls and it's like "no wonder there was a time when women couldn't vote".

He: "you don't even care about the right!"

She: yeah pretty much

He: do you agree with me, or are you just saying that?

She: no I agree, I know quite a few girls who have just turned 18 and they don't appear to have any clue

Anyway, I'm not voting in this election. I'm drawing smiley faces over my ballot paper.
That is illegal. Oh and by the way for your information I have submitted my thoughts to certain media groups; mainly as a complaint about their pink side.

Oh I pay attention to political thoughts. It just means I don't agree with like 99.9% of them. I could go into great detail about how both Labor and Liberal have stuffed me around, in regards to me being unemployed. My questions, my pleas, my begs have all gone unanswered. And that's just a start. If they aren't going to be there for me, and listen to my concerns, then why the hell should I vote for them? Simple as that? Not to mention the whole "war on terrorism" crap. Even a 10yo would realize that if it hadn't have been for John Howard asslicking George Bush and sending us to Iraq, then Australia wouldn't even be in this predicament of thinking we'll get blown up at any moment. Apart from like 3 people I know, everyone else is worried about a terrorist attack, here in Australia and believes that if it hadn't have been for John Howard and how he manipulated the Australian public last election, then we wouldn't be in this position. First it was the Tampa situation, the children overboard affair, September11, the war in Iraq. He lied to us about everything. Why should I vote for a liar? Who manipulates the Australian public? I don't want someone like that running my country. On the other hand, Labor have done jack all in regards to plea and questions I've had about my unemployment situation. I got so desperate I called my local member, both federal and at state level, not once, but at least 3 times. And not once did they ever return my calls or answer my questions. Why should I vote for them? When they can't even send out a letter or return a 5min call? And I don't even mean the actual member of parliament. I would have been happy with a secretary or someone.So I'm not voting for them, because it's clear they don't care about the everyday unemployed person, even though they claim to.

So don't sit there and tell me I have no interest in politics whatsoever, because unlike you I know there's a time and place for it, and this isn't the place for it.

Oh and for the record, I don't really care if it's illegal. If the government isn't going to help me, then why should they deserve my vote? At any rate I'll be voting the greens in the senate, but the house of representatives? Blah, they can get ****ed. Anyway, what are you going to do? Dob me in? Oh no, shock horror, you don't even know what seat I'm in.

You don't have to vote for ALP or Lib, or Nat for that matter. But you are required by law to vote. If you aren't willing to respect the way our country is governed; how can you expect others to? As you probably know, I loathe the Greens. This isn't about who deserves your vote - the fact is you are legally obliged to vote your preferences.

Originally posted by Natty

I got so desperate I called my local member, both federal and at state level, not once, but at least 3 times. And not once did they ever return my calls or answer my questions.

I sent an email to the party I vote for (in the territory election that is, not the federal election) a week ago; and just 10 minutes ago (11:24PM) he emailed me back. 2 elections in 2 weeks for me!

Originally posted by Sutcara

You don't have to vote for ALP or Lib, or Nat for that matter. But you are required by law to vote. If you aren't willing to respect the way our country is governed; how can you expect others to? As you probably know, I loathe the Greens. This isn't about who deserves your vote - the fact is you are legally obliged to vote your preferences.

And my preferences are none of them, so I'm not voting :)

Originally posted by Joshi

Mek, since you're back, I have to ask. What did you think of all 4 Monkey Island Games?

MI1 great game. I completed it playing the 7-disk version (the one I played first as a kid); amazing experience. I've completed the CD-ROM version too - naturally. It's unfortunate there isn't more music in the game; but it is very well made.

MI2 in many ways is better then the original. It lacks as much creativity and originality being a sequel, but it's a great game and a worthy sequel. CMI is a good game; as for story-continuation it is lacking. It made the first two games look silly, and had much less originality then the previous two. EMI is a very bad sequel, and should never have been made - as a game in its own right it's okay, but it has no story it has no originality; and it has no atmosphere.

With that said, the people in the hi-res thread never listened to me. The scaling is very bad in 1280x1024. I play the game in 1280x960 which was painstaking to edit, I also figured out how to play the entire thing from the hard drive only, with full music and no need to ever insert the CDs.

Originally posted by Puphlicus

MI1 great game. I completed it playing the 7-disk version (the one I played first as a kid); amazing experience. I've completed the CD-ROM version too - naturally. It's unfortunate there isn't more music in the game; but it is very well made.

MI2 in many ways is better then the original. It lacks as much creativity and originality being a sequel, but it's a great game and a worthy sequel. CMI is a good game; as for story-continuation it is lacking. It made the first two games look silly, and had much less originality then the previous two. EMI is a very bad sequel, and should never have been made - as a game in its own right it's okay, but it has no story it has no originality; and it has no atmosphere.

With that said, the people in the hi-res thread never listened to me. The scaling is very bad in 1280x1024. I play the game in 1280x960 which was painstaking to edit, I also figured out how to play the entire thing from the hard drive only, with full music and no need to ever insert the CDs.

Yeah, I just had to ask because inall the time I've known you, I've never seen you speak of it and I just wanted to make sure you'd actually played them. It's not a general requirement among the members here, but you have a tendancy to annoy people here and I just wanted to make sure it was for the right reasons. (you're love of monkey island)

From what I can remember, twice, although I may be wrong. But apart from inciting arguments within the boards, he hasn't been guilty of too much to actually get him banned, which is why he wasn't banned as much as say... oh I don't know, Max Payne?

Although, he will grow close if he continues to evade bans.

From what I can remember, twice, although I may be wrong. But apart from inciting arguments within the boards, he hasn't been guilty of too much to actually get him banned, which is why he wasn't banned as much as say... oh I don't know, Max Payne?

Although, he will grow close if he continues to evade bans.

I remember he got banned as Meklison. Then he came back with a name like =Meklison= and that got banned. He then registered Mek and -Mek- in which those were both banned. I think he then had another name before Sutcara, which not so suprisingly got banned and now he's back again with Puphlicus.

His IP keeps changing so banning it wouldn't make a difference. I don't think it's something he's doing intentionally though, as mine does that all the time. It simply happens with different ISP's and so banning IP's don't really make any difference anymore.

Yeah, I just had to ask because inall the time I've known you, I've never seen you speak of it and I just wanted to make sure you'd actually played them. It's not a general requirement among the members here, but you have a tendancy to annoy people here and I just wanted to make sure it was for the right reasons. (you're love of monkey island)

I used to post at the Mixnmojo forums, but after they joined lucasforums they kind of died. I wouldn't say I have a tendency to annoy people - there was a disagreement against, unfortunately, the vast majority. Who claimed I was part of a hate group; but failed to see the hate in their own little group. I posted some things I shouldn't have, and for that I'm sorry - however I never complained that I was perfect. What I complained against was biased moderation.

Besides which I'm sure you can tell I'm not the same person I used to be. I've grown in understanding of a lot of things; and I've grown in other ways - I like to think in a mainly positive direction. I'm actively involved in voluntary work. You don't have to worry; I don't think I'm quite as depressed these days - or at any rate I'm not going to be a problem. But I'm not responsible for the actions of other on this forum.

Archived