Home

I'm back

Sutcara

Spams the man who said six words in his last post.

Mek, I hope that you have changed because it would be a shame if we got a load of bad feeling in this forum because of differences of opinion.

Oh, and Mojo isn't quite dead, just mellowed out.

I've been doing volunteer work for over a year with intellectually disabled people. And I love everyone. I never look down on people for religious beliefs or sexual preference, as long as they don't try force it on me. It just makes them look sad and pathetic. Anyway, I'm interested in joining the kabbalah faith, just like Madonna and Britney Spears :p It seems to be the latest celebrity trend. My friends are all celebrities, my friends are all in magazines ;) (ahem, sorry I'm a bit sidetracked) Well no, not really I'm just being stupid.

Anyways, on another note, I'm thinking of becoming a councellor. I was chatting to a friend on MSN yesterday about some stuff and he said I should become one. I always listen, always give advice. He almost made me cry, he was so sweet and positive about it, especially when he said I shouldn't be working as a waitress, people need people like me, someone who listens and cares about other people. I'm going to start looking into courses.

Don't look down on people for "religious beliefs" or "sexual preference"? I can assure you that you must draw the line somewhere, where a religion becomes a cult in your own mind, where people are wrong because of what they do. Be it scientology, satanism - there will be a group of people with opinions you don't just not agree with; you simply cannot respect.

Reminds me of an affirming statement:

"Tolerance used to mean that people of strong convictions would willingly bear the burden of putting up peacefully with people they regarded as clearly in error. Now it means that people of weak convictions facilely agree that others are also right, and anyway the truth doesn’t make much difference as long as everyone is nice." Michael Novak, Syracuse University.

The idea that all discrimination is wrong really should be debunked. I would say at least half the people who believe that homosexual relations should be respected, that I've talked to, also believe incestuous relations should be too. I've been told it is evil discrimination to deny incestuous (Adult) couples the "right to marry".

Well there you are, a group of people you discriminate against based on their sexual behaviours/identity. The question, which many may not understand, is should Marriage be defined by those who wish their union to be included? If you're willing to take that stand, you must condone at least logistically that Marriage should be allowed between any two adults regardless of mental abilities, gender, or marital status.

If Marriage is a union designed for two people who love each other, then most Marriages should not have been arranged. It's really basic stuff, sexual expression was assumed to be limited to Marital environments, and those environments were based on something stronger than the secular concepts of love.

They were based on trust. On an unbreakable life-long commitment to a union with that person. To build a family, raise children and create stability, peace and order. A Marriage needs not children to be defined as a Marriage - but that doesn't change that it is a strong intention of the Marital environment.

And homosexual couples complain that their union isn't given the same respect and value by community standards. Nor should it be. It is a union of self-gratification and selfish ambitions - as are, I imagine, a lot of Marriages. But because you have a few rotten apples in your barrel doesn't mean you can just go and throw in the sour grapes as well.

But seriously, don't you think sleeping/having sex with a family member is odd? Not to mention the greater risk of children being borned with deformities because the blood lines/DNA are so close/the same. If people want to sleep with family members, then fine, but the thought of having a child by my brother or my father just scares me.

I'm just a bit confused, weren't you claiming that you were against homosexuality marriages, yet you're saying it's ok for everyone else to get married? Even if they're family or have disabilities? I just don't understand what the difference is. If 2 men love each other, then why shouldn't they be allowed to show their love for each other and marry? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

No, family shouldn't be allowed to marry each other. Homosexuals should be allowed to marry (as in fact they do) - Marriage being the life-long union of a man and a woman. To members of the same gender should not be allowed to "marry" each other since marriage is the life-long union of a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others.

Archived