Home

SW:B v`s GC

rut-wa jodar

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

alot of BF1942 fanboys are claiming that Galactic Conquest is better than SW Battlefront. What a load of CRAP !

Now as a alpha tester of GCMOD (blasterFreak) id like to add my reply to that, you say its crap eh?

It isnt crap, however both games (game? its a mod) offer a different experience, try to make the atat walk with a engine it isnt designed for it at all.. im sure you'll find it hard to do? skinning? texturing? coding?

my friend, this GCMOD was build from scratch, i hope you can realise that. if you know the word ''Total conversion''

Altho im not suprised that the bf1942 ppl claim gcmod to be better than SWBF, hence the name Galactic Conquest, isnt that a mode in SWBF? very ironic isnt it? im sure it is...

GCMOD was in the making a looooong time before SWBF was even announced, the fact that the lucasarts team first blame the GCMOD for the Starwars content its about and then take over its name? on the other hand that makes the GC'ers proud, but still...

1 more thing, a mod and a game are 2 totally different things, im actually satisfied with the content the GC dev team has supplied us with the last months, and 0.4 is already on the way..

Evil Dark- Jedi ''Na GC is no where near Battlefront cause they are completely different. ''

It depends on which part you take the look at, its content is still the same, swbf has only more to offer? right? other feeling..

Master William- ''I used to play GC, but I have to say Battlefront is better...

Perhaps when GC goes gold it could compete to Battlefront, but at its current state it isn't exactly a worthy competitor... ''

Well doh, ofcourse not, or maybe it is? ofcourse a original game is better than a mod, personally i dont worry with the all-time competition the GC'ers are always faced with, like i said, battlefront's feeling is unique, some may like it, some may not, so then he has a other choice to pick, gc...

Then i also faced many times the words ''is GC's work now for nothing?'' absolutely not, we keep going or die at the spot..

You see, battlefront people say that GCMOD sucks, and vice versa, ive been with GC more than a year and i dont take sides, neither for gc NOR battlefront, their both fun games to play and unique in every thing, but feeling does the trick it seems

This thread is the typical fanboy thread, dont call the thread something vs something, just call it ''Jee, gc just sucks'' and get to the point... As if you were going to compare it in a professional way, trying to talk about its content, the feeling of both games, instead we get this? the other isnt crap, its the thread im looking at right now..

I know already that every post will mainly go about that SWBF is better than GC, or gc just sucks, like i said: fanboy thread

You know that GC is one of the mods that havent died out? take a look at Pirates, empire mod, intersstate 1982, shortly after the releases of these games, yes there WERE somne servers, but now theyve just dissapeared...exept for GC That is..

Ofcourse since this game is announced by goliath lucasarts theres no doubt that SWBF WILL grow bigger than gcmod, its the name i think... like every other lucasarts game that has dissapointed me in the past..

But like i said i dont take sides, i will be buying SWBF and enjoy it, but i will never forget GC, its A BIG familly and we've made it VERY far this year..

''GC, on the other hand is just BF1942 with SW skins slapped on it.''

Ah yes, how a outsider can talk about a mod just like that, hmmm... dark side i sense...

I always wondered how GC would be compared with SWBF, but if it done like this it isnt worth a look at, your not sounding very impressing my friend... NOR professional about the subject

:)

Ofcourse your opinion is totally unbiased :p

if you dont have anything better to say i have a advice: shut it

my reply was based on a comment that didnt make any sense, but i explained that already, read it again and go realise some things bud, your response after my reply doesnt make much sense either... unbased? oh its based alright, but your 1 of the stubborn fanboys, cant talk some things into yer head either.

besides, it wasnt a opinion, just telling you swbf'ers something before you start flaming gc.. which is happening right now, sad, i would've expected more fromm this community

rut-wa jodar

'' I`m sorry but how can a 2 year old game engine with possibly the worst netcode ever, compete ?''

The most popular game i can think of right now, bf1942 changed MP alot..worst netcode ever? i dont think so, i can recall numerous events with 64+ players without lag, also with GC..

Mountainforest

'' Oh man, people are gonne get angry now...''

no ****...

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Personally I see no way you can compare a mod to a full game, it's just stupid to do so, and utterly wrong. That said, I could care less what others think. :p

Well so do i, thats why i find this thread so weird, look at the title, looks..challenging to me...:rolleyes:

i guess gcmod will undergo some bad fate because of the fact that practicly the same as gcmod is being released, only by a world-wide known team, lucasarts, i mean comon...:D

it cant be compared kinda think of it, but that doesnt give people like rut-wa any reason to just flame gc and say swbf is better, well it may be better. but the flaming.. i think gc has grown a bit tired of that, altho we have a official reply to lucasarts wishing them good luck..

give gc some slack and give it a chance

;)

Blaster freak. it is pointless to resist in this forum. i myself have appreared in these forums, NOT bashing SWBF, and NOt saying GC will own. i have appeared to simply offer, them the fact GC is there if they ever wished to fill in the gap until SWBF comes out.

however everytime GC is mentioned it gets Attacked, as if it were made intentionaly to harm people.

it wasnt until about 2 weeks ago that i realised WHY it gets attacked.

its 2 reasons.

1) an obvious reason i learned of when i first started talking GC on these forums. its an SWBF forum therefore is prone to complete Blinkered tunnel vision view towards SWBF.

2) the reason you will find practically no one willing to discuss this in an adult and mature fashion is because. i noticed in the Sliced Taun taun forum thread, asking how old everyone was, and the average age was between 14 and 16, with only a few of the more mature members being around 27 i think.

therefore to find a mature unbiased response will be difficult.

for a true debate you will have to go to a neutral forum or place of conversation, wher there are neither preferences.

oh and one last thing i would like to say on Defence of GC.

Tech:TV i believe it is one of Americas Largest Computer Television channels, which also does Alot of views on Games professional games i might add.

Well Galactic Conquest a MOD was on X-Play and was reviewed by Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. (apparently the show is stil running on re-runs) and i hear that Xplay are rather Harsh on there reviews. Yet a MOD yes a MOD, was Highly praised by Tech TV, and was aid that it was Well worth the download, and i may quote Adam "The force is Strong with this one"

That alone should at least prove to you that it is not simply something that was created within 5 minutes, or is just star wars skins slapped on.

infact to quote Morgan webb "The flight Controls are actually an improvement over battlefields"

Thats saying alot, basically saying that our flight controls are better than what the profesional Games Company DICE created.

If anyone wishes to view this X-play show i have it in windows media format and its abround 25mb, id be glad to send it to you.

thankyou for your time, and hopefully, a more mature debate can continue instead of mud slinging.

[GCDev]Preacher

very good post. but like i said, i haven't played GC but have heard different things about it. i thinkg that SWB will probably be better simply because this team had more resources to work with. mods should definately not be pushed away, look at Counter Strike. you're right about X-Play, they are pretty harsh with their reviews. you can still catch it, new episodes and all on the recently formeed G4TechTV.

Originally posted by The_Preacher

i noticed in the Sliced Taun taun forum thread, asking how old everyone was, and the average age was between 14 and 16, with only a few of the more mature members being around 27 i think. [GCDev]Preacher

I`m 34, so that puts me well into your "mature members" category. :D

I`m glad you mentioned Taun-Tauns, When will GC have them ? that may drum up abit more interest :p

hmm, not sure if im allowed to divulge Taun Tauns, but all i can say is ;) Not Release 4. (hope that gives you the clue lol)

and yes i said that there were mature members as i dont like it when people tar everyone with the same brush, so i do expect SOME mature and well written posts within this thread, from people like yourself. i just expected that most of them would not be.

However i apologise in advance for those that are of a lower age that do post maturely.

:)

Hopefully my posts have been seen as looking as unbiased , and none flaming as possible to :)

there's no reason at all, as IS and prime mentioned, to compare a mod with a full game, because in case swbf ""wins"", GC fans will claim "but its not made by a company" etc etc, can take ages. Unless you take the games as they is, do not think of future stuff or whom made them, this can never stop.

I played GC a couple of times and was incredibly impressed by the hard work the mods made, but i didnt really like the game. Also was quite laggy and vehicles sank in the ground. I can't compare swbf yet to gc as i hjavent played it, from what i know of the game it seems what GC missed is there.

As for the name, "Star Wars Battlefield", you have to admit, were you Lucasarts, this is wrong. All they asked was a name change, and not to stop the project. As for GC, this is coincidental as stated before by nortenyo

Im 28 and I agree that people are comparing apples to oranges. GCMod costs = 0.00

BattleFront = 40.00-50.00

Hmm who is going to have more resources and time to develop?

Yes I will be likely playing Battlefront more, but hats off to GC team. They put alot into it, and put up with alot. I just did not get into the mod because it was getting difficult to find servers. It is a good mod. Like Counter Strike or Desert Combat, there is a definate relationship with community support and quality.

I`m 34, so that puts me well into your "mature members" category. :D

I`m glad you mentioned Taun-Tauns, When will GC have them ? that may drum up abit more interest :p

Im wondering, how do tauntauns drum up the interest more? we've never seen them on the battlefield in the movies, so why are they so dang important? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Scavenger

Im wondering, how do tauntauns drum up the interest more? we've never seen them on the battlefield in the movies, so why are they so dang important? :rolleyes:

Hey Kid !

Isn`t this a schoolday ? You don`t wanna miss your bus :p

Seriously, you need to chill out and stop taking my comments personally.

Hey Kid !

Isn`t this a schoolday ? You don`t wanna miss your bus :p

Seriously, you need to chill out and stop taking my comments personally.

Nono, this time it was you who got the message the wrong way, seriously, i was wondering why tauntauns are that important, never seen them on the battlefield (on hoth) and i dont think they are that great..

Well wadda you know, is it really school today? jee i forgot...for you see ive been living in a cave on mars, with my eyes shut and my fingers in my ears :)

Besides that, do you have a certain obsession with schools? not a bus in sight here as its evening, and i travel with public train ;)

:D

Archived