Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

After seeing that some of you had tried the demo from the Official Playstation Magazine I went out and got myself a copy even though I have no intention to buy the PS2 version when its released.

Thoughts -

1. The graphics are not bad at all considering the PS2 is the lowest powered machine out of the 3 it will be released on. Large vehicles such as AT-ST actually look really nice however far away you are from them. Close up theres plenty of detail to look at.

2. Music ........... wow, I remember having an arguement with someone about whether or not the music would change as the battle changes. I was wrong it does infact change depending on where you are on the battlefield. If you start to go off the map the music starts to dissapear and as you rejoin the map the music plays again. When you reach a battle for a spawn point the music plays uplifting starwars tunes that we all know and love.

3. Vehicles ............ I could only find speeder bikes and AT-ST's so I take it thats all theres gonna be. The AT-ST targeting reticule in third person mode is very unaccurate in my opinion although its hardly surprising considering the damage it does to infantry on the ground. I hit a rebel sniper with a couple of rounds and he flew accross the map lol. Regarding the handling of the AT-ST I found it really easy to get the hang of and within minutes I was walking as I wanted too. As you all know theres 2 seats in the AT-ST, The main seat is the drivers seat and yes he gets to fire the main guns which give off the wicked sound. The second seat allow the person to fire the secondary guns which again are very powerfull.

Speeder bike is very fast and is fun to drive, the guns fire as you would expect but I was unable to hit anything with them lol, so as to what kind of power they give off I have no idea.

4. Units/Weapons ..................... Ill update soon. Wont be long !

Any Questions ill answer too

http://www.HiredDigitalAssassins.com

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll ask a lot some questions people had in other topics:

1. Is there any kind of recoil, although I'm not fully sure what they meant by it?

2. How is the sniper? When using the scope, is there a shake or breath effect? I heard it takes a least 2-3 shots to take someone out, what do believe?

3. How is the darktrooper? Things like what type of gun he has, can he fire while flying, est..

4. I heard that the recon driod wasn't available in the demo, what do you have to say? And if it is in, can you do orbital strikes?

5. Do AI also drive vehicles? Do they man turrents? Don't leave out any details.

6. Explain the Radar in full detail.

"Well, that's all I can think of at any rate" - Carth. I'll leave up any questions I may have left out for other members to ask.

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

I'll ask a lot some questions people had in other topics:

1. Is there any kind of recoil, although I'm not fully sure what they meant by it?

2. How is the sniper? When using the scope, is there a shake or breath effect? I heard it takes a least 2-3 shots to take someone out, what do believe?

3. How is the darktrooper? Things like what type of gun he has, can he fire while flying, est..

4. I heard that the recon driod wasn't available in the demo, what do you have to say? And if it is in, can you do orbital strikes?

5. Do AI also drive vehicles? Do they man turrents? Don't leave out any details.

"Well, that's all I can think of at any rate" - Carth. I'll leave up any questions I may have left out for other members to ask.

i have the demo and will answer your questions

1. no

2. no it takes 2 shots to kill

3.star warsy kind of shotgun, he can fire while flying but aiming is hard as you cannot hover

4. yes it was available and it can do strikes

5.yes they do, bad drivers but perfect accuracy

One question besides all those SIth_ShadowCat had. Since Jedijohn didnt answer radar, plz explain that. Also, abot sniper shots, breathing effect, and if it took 2 hits to kill, where did you shoot at, face, body, or limbs. Final question how big are the maps. Are they big enough to have the most fun you possibly can, and when you go to ar from the battle, what happens (i.e. what keeps you from wandering off). Alright thx in advance for answering. :D Oops I forgot, what about a ragdoll effect.

Originally posted by HolmstN

Since Jedijohn didnt answer radar, plz explain that. Also, abot sniper shots, breathing effect, and if it took 2 hits to kill, where did you shoot at, face, body, or limbs. Final question how big are the maps. Are they big enough to have the most fun you possibly can, and when you go to ar from the battle, what happens (i.e. what keeps you from wandering off). Alright thx in advance for answering. :D Oops I forgot, what about a ragdoll effect.

ok

on the radar vehicles show who is in them it show everyone different sides are different colours, your side are green enemy is red and npc's are yellow, shows different terrain heights.

it takes 2 shots anywhere which is kinda dumb

massive maps is says leaving battlefield when you run off and if you dont come back in 10 secs you die

good ragdoll effects

one little question regarding shadows:

one some screens we can see those ugly "discs" (http://swbattlefront.net/images/screens/bf/0015.jpg) and on others nice, body-conform shadows (http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/617/617662/imgs_1.html).

not only for vehicles but also for characters.

which one spots the PS2 demo?

and - i know- its not THAT important ;-)

but it just LOOKS better ...with proper shadows!

thanks

…just relocated my question from your other thread:

one some screens we can see those ugly "discs" (http://swbattlefront.net/images/screens/bf/0015.jpg) and on others nice, body-conform shadows (http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/...662/imgs_1.html).

not only for vehicles but also for characters.

which one spots the PS2 demo?

and - i know- its not THAT important ;-)

but it just LOOKS better ...with proper shadows!

thanks

Originally posted by TK-8252

How do the Recon Droids and Orbital Strikes function?

recon droids are on the grenades menu you throw them and then become them they can shoot, i am not sure how orbital strikes are called but ill get back to you either here or via pm oh yeah and rebels dont get them theyget a stormtrooper disguise instead but they cannot shoot in it

Archived