Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

1. How is the radar? Show everything or only friendlies?

2. Is it an arcade, barely need to rub 2 brain cells together slug fest style game or do you actually get to use strategy?

3. How big is the map of Endor? In virtual terms of kilometers.

4. How are the character movements? Fluid, clunky or over exaggerated?

5. On Endor what vehicles do the Rebels have to start with?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lt. Havoc

1. How is the radar? Show everything or only friendlies?

2. Is it an arcade, barely need to rub 2 brain cells together slug fest style game or do you actually get to use strategy?

3. How big is the map of Endor? In virtual terms of kilometers.

4. How are the character movements? Fluid, clunky or over exaggerated?

5. On Endor what vehicles do the Rebels have to start with?

I'm also interested in the answer to number 2 and number 3.

I am extremely excited for this demo now. It will definetly give me my fix I don't care if it does have a 5 minute limit or not It will definetly last me until the real game comes out.

So you can definetly see the enemys on the radar? If so thats really disapointing, and two shots to kill no matter if its a headshot or not?

when you first start the demo there is a smal loading time (5 secs) then you can do either single player or split screen, but my second pad is broken so i could only do sp. you select a difficulty then it shows the galaxy (looks like the milky way to me) and zooms in on endor then it zooms in on a bit of endor then in further to your map (another 5 sec loading time) you pick your faction either rebels or imps then the command post you want to start at, on this menu it shows the vehicles that are currently there which is good.then you pick your class look on the website for rebels imps have: stormtrooper, darktrooper, scout trooper(sniper) shocktrooper(rkt launcher) and pilot.

now the game begins if yuo are rebels it starts off by telling you to destoy the sheild generator and imps have to protect it (but i never do i just go for the glory not the protection). then you realise the sheer scale of the game it is massive. there are to ways to wn a game the get all the comannd posts (cp's from now on) for 15 secs or to kill all the enemy reinforcment which are shown on a bar at the top (everyone starts with 100) you get more when you get a cp and they lose some when you get a cp.

now on to AI lots of you have been asking about this so i'll clear it up the AI is good they drive vehicles (bad drivers) and man turrets (perfect accuracy) the pilots fix your vehicle when you tell them to follow you which is good. Oh yeah you can tell troops around you to "stand ground, move out, at ease and follow you" and pilots can auto eject from vehicles when they blow up.

there are some glitches like if you ride a speeder bike into a tree sometimes you teleport up to the ewok platfroms and if you bail out of a speeder bike right before you hit a tree i just goes through it, but those are the only ones i have found

graphics 9/10 some glitches

sound 10/10 all your fave star wars tunes and perfect laser noises

playability 8/10 easy to pick up and play

gameplay 10/10 i will be playing this for a million years they better have it in heaven

the end

Originally posted by Craftsman

Jedi John a couple more questions

1) Does when your zoomed in with the sniper rifle, does it move according to breathing?

2) Is the physics engine not to over the top?

3) Nightmap?

4) What 1st like?

sorry about having to quote everything but i dont have a good memory so i cant remember the questions anyway

1)no

2)its just fine

3) i've only got one map so i dont know mine is in the day

4) there is no 1st in ps2 there is something you could call 1st but it shows the gun, half the head,the shoulder and the arm

oh yeah and a hint: the harder mode you go on the faster the speeder bikes go

Archived