Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

The recon droid goes on for as long as you want it too or someone blows it up lol. To get back to first person or third person view you have to blow the droid up. I will add that the droid is very very slow, dont expect any kind of zippy robot. It moves at around the same pace as R2-D2 does on sand !!!

In regards to the AI bots there pretty hard to kill especially if you play it on the Hardest mode. I havn't used any of the commands so I cant really comment but I will say its a simple case of point and then click either Forward, Back, Left or Right to select the command you want.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does the Recon droid look? Is it the gray remote ball that Luke used to practice with in ANH? Or is it like the floaring droid with the little blue wings that can be seen in Dark Forces 2 and ANH SE (the thing was floating around infront of C3PO's and R2D2's little hideout on Mos Esialy(sp)?

Originally posted by pitsburySC

I just come from my local magazine store, and i haven't seen any OPM with the BFr demo :confused:

The only thing i saw was a demo movie....which issue it is exactly?

It came out in UK only but US will have a demo in september issue :D

Question: I heard the sound effects were good, really good. Do they help the Star Wars experince in a big way?

Another question is how does the gunner, pilot thing work for the AT-ST? Does the pilot only drive, or does he have some control over guns? Same thing for the gunner, can you aim freely and does he have any further control besides the guns? Also can you switch positions from gunner to pilot and vice vera.

Another question is how does the gunner, pilot thing work for the AT-ST? Does the pilot only drive, or does he have some control over guns? Same thing for the gunner, can you aim freely and does he have any further control besides the guns?

He already answered that question in a earlier post.

He said that the pilot..well pilots and controls the main guns, and the co-pilot controls the secondary guns. And if I remeber corectly that in the move the guns were stationary only the head could turn, I could be wrong though.

Command wise im not sure how it works as I havnt played around with it all that much maybe Jedi can answer that for you. With regards to the speeder bike im not sure if it can carry two. I jumped on it before and the AI controlled player has jumped off.

I have some feelings that I want to share, first the bad:

I heard that Battlefront snipers takes two shots at the target before it dies. I really thinks that sucks, especially because it doesn't matter where you hit 'em. That REALLY SUCKS! I love to be snipers. I do hope though, that within the next month they will fix that, or the PS2 demo has a bug probem.

I also heard the AI drives bad but shoots perfectly. What the hell? Oooo.. look at me I can't drive -BANG! bullseye 20 frikin miles away! I hope there is a balance between the two, or the Ps2 demo has a bug. It would be awesome if some were good drivers, but bad shooters, some bad drivers, but good shooters, and some evenly balanced.

Now the good:

Big maps- Good! Vehicles -Good!, and so on and soforth

The Ugly (questions)

1.are snipers well hdden in the shrubs?

2. Are snipers easily spotted by the AI?

3. uh..yeah

Originally posted by PhireStorm

I have some feelings that I want to share, first the bad:

I heard that Battlefront snipers takes two shots at the target before it dies. I really thinks that sucks, especially because it doesn't matter where you hit 'em. That REALLY SUCKS! I love to be snipers. I do hope though, that within the next month they will fix that, or the PS2 demo has a bug probem.

I also heard the AI drives bad but shoots perfectly. What the hell? Oooo.. look at me I can't drive -BANG! bullseye 20 frikin miles away! I hope there is a balance between the two, or the Ps2 demo has a bug. It would be awesome if some were good drivers, but bad shooters, some bad drivers, but good shooters, and some evenly balanced.

The last thing we need is a one hit kill noob waepon that will have unexperinced players flock to thinks its leet. Two hit kills are fine by me, as long as it will keep the true snipers seperated from the noobs. Sure new people will use the sniper, but under the pressure they'll be sure to give up on them and go do something that may actually help the team.

The rebel sniper is really well hidden because of the green uniform where as the storm trooper version sticks out like a soar thumb due to the white uniform. I guess that wont change lol

As for one shot kills, thats only gonna happen on units with degraded health levels. Which I think is a good thing considering the snipers dont have any movement whilst aiming (As in no breathing) So it all seems pretty fair.

With regards to the AT-ST walking bug ? That complete bull. Basically its hard to shoot and drive at the same time as you often forget which way the legs are facing and before you know it your walking off in the wrong direction. Again practice makes perfect ? We will see ..........

And I can answer number 2: Yes rebels can take over most imperial vehicles, there are exceptions like AT-ATs though.

I think its great that the battles can last a long time, a time limit would have only hindered the game play.

And Virtuosis, its great having a fellow Colorado resident who's interested in the same game. :D

1) How do you tell if someone is in a storm trooper uniform or not. Does the lack of gun give it away or does it come with a pretend gun.

2) How does the uniform work? Is it one-shot? If it is multiple shot, can you cycle between uniform and gun in a matter of spilt seconds?

3) How does the Rebel Smuggler play? For what reasons would someone play him?

4) How does the Anti-Armor troops play? Such as damage vs. vehicles. Damage vs. infantry? Is it easy to hit infantry with?

5) Tell us about some of your interaction with the ewoks.

6) Is there still a armor/speed factor in the game? Ex. Empire gets armor and the Rebels move faster. I hope so because the rebels are always outrunning stormtroopers and leading them into traps.

Archived