Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

I have a feeling I'll enjoy the PC version a little more vs. humans than the PS2 vs. bots. originally- explodingmonkey

Hello, the demo may not have online play but the full ps2 version does have online play.

Notice this is a ps2 demo thread don't throw in pc plz(although it will be better just becuase it can.)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey everyone, just pre-ordered for the game and figure!!!!

since the game will be out soon and a lot of you already have the demo i want everyone to list their WOW! moments during gameplay. like last second kills, awesome vehicle tricks and anything that screams "this is the coolest game ever!"

(since i still have to wait about 2 weeks for the game i must live vicariously through others)

Nothing big but: The first time I saw an AT-ST in the game was one was walking towards me, glooming down at me with over whelming grace. I was stunned at how well the spirit of the AT-ST was captured, I wasn't impressed about the demo until this moment were I did a 180 and couldn't put it down.

Another moment is something that's more so scripted and is supposed to happen, which was when I was riding in an AT-ST. Blasting ewoks and rebels alike while having my stereo system (hooked up to the PS2) blasting the Imperial March in the back ground made me feel all mighty, like I was there in the battle of Endor in the AT-ST. Like I said, the AT-ST is done perfectly, everything about it feels precise. Although the battle on the ground didn't give me that battle of Endor feeling, the AT-ST was the exact opposite of this, in that it did an excellent job portraying the essence of the battle of Endor. Just can't wait how Hoth plays like, from what vids I've seen, the battle is more spectacular then that of Endor.

Just something I posted in another forum:

It was in response to some one saying the AI sucked in Battlefront.

Saying the AI is dumb is an understatement. There are so many factors that contribute to it. First of all, AI takes CPU to run properly, and we know that the PS2 had little. With so many AI bots running around, I'm surpriced they're not bumping into walls. If there were say 3 on each side, the AI would react much better. With that said, maybe the PC version will have better AI, or when there are lots of players but little bots, they'll react more accordingly. Second, try Hard, it worth a try because the bots actually keep moving on yah. Third, if you noticed all the little things that the AI does you'd flip your lid and swear they were actual players. I was up on a ledge sniping while proned, when a Dark Trooper jetpacked up close to me and threw a grenade my way, killing me instantly. Another instance was when I came to the bunker to find a troop or two, I instantly commanded them to fallow me down. Needing only cover, I didn't expect them to do much, but they acutally helped me and threw their cache of granades at the computer helping me blow it up. The AI does fine fending for themselves, if anything this AI is smarter then average. Look at games like BF1942, then tell me the AI is bad.

OK i always start the level by grabbing a speeder and trying to get to the imperial base and destroy the shield bunker... sooo things were going pretty normal i made roadkill of a few stormies when i was getting close to the command point where the at-st's noticing that not all three were there i got a little worried when all of the sudden i heard the classic noise of blasters flying through the air and boom the speeder blew my guy did a flip thing and then hit a try.. hmm i guess it was kind of a had to be there thing

Nothing big but: The first time I saw an AT-ST in the game was one was walking towards me, glooming down at me with over whelming grace. I was stunned at how well the spirit of the AT-ST was captured, I wasn't impressed about the demo until this moment were I did a 180 and couldn't put it down.

LOL, I know how you feel. The first time I played the demo I had to play as the Empire and drive a AT-ST. The feeling was awesome. Ever since I was a child watching the movies, I always wanted to drive a AT-ST. The next time I played it I was a rebel sniper. I was behind a tree sniping unsuspecting stormies when I heard the distinctive sound of a AT-ST. I zoomed out and look up and see it towering over me. I tried to move out of the way but the NPCs blew me away with the main guns. I actually felt a little apprehension, like I was really there on Endor about to be blown away by a AT-ST. To me this game is a dream come true. This game will truly be the greatest Star Wars game to date, and probably ever made!

Originally posted by THE BADGER:

LOL, I know how you feel. The first time I played the demo I had to play as the Empire and drive a AT-ST. The feeling was awesome. Ever since I was a child watching the movies, I always wanted to drive a AT-ST. The next time I played it I was a rebel sniper. I was behind a tree sniping unsuspecting stormies when I heard the distinctive sound of a AT-ST. I zoomed out and look up and see it towering over me. I tried to move out of the way but the NPCs blew me away with the main guns. I actually felt a little apprehension, like I was really there on Endor about to be blown away by a AT-ST. To me this game is a dream come true. This game will truly be the greatest Star Wars game to date, and probably ever made!

I agree! First thing I was was the Darktrooper. Right when I spawned I launched into the air then got into an AT-ST. I never thought I would feel so much joy from sending Ewoks flying into the air. Then I jumped on a speeder bike and captured some command posts. Awsome demo cant wait for the game!

My fav moment was when I told them to follow me then I went on a speeder bike and no one was behind me I was disapointed. then while in the shield genrator I was the wookie placed the bomb and on the way out there was about 6 ewoks and 16 rebel troopers all standinghtere right behind me.... Then I thought it would be cool to place a bomb and blow em all up....I did and the graphics were incredible I love this game.

First things first: For any one who whats this, I made a cool little demo about me playing as the imperials. Here it is for anyone who wants it.

http://tsos.homestead.com/files/vid1hi.wmv

More will come soon, I already recorded two with rebels and another imp one, but haven't edited them yet.

Question to Bobby, if your still around:

You posted some where that there were alot of levels in the game, about 2 per planet. Well, on the official site, it says now that there are only 12 levels. Could you care to comment on this? Did the team pull some levels on us to meat the release date?

First things first: For any one who whats this, I made a cool little demo about me playing as the imperials. Here it is for anyone who wants it.

Great job Sith! A picture is worth a thousand words. Words can only express so much about this game! Now everyone can get a taste of what we have been enjoying for a while now. I think thats the first movie that long with nothing but gameplay!

P.S. What kind of equipment were you using to record that? Like a VCR hooked to your PC or what?

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

Question to Bobby, if your still around:

You posted some where that there were alot of levels in the game, about 2 per planet. Well, on the official site, it says now that there are only 12 levels. Could you care to comment on this? Did the team pull some levels on us to meat the release date?

I did post the full list of levels that are definately in the shipped version. So it looks like Lucas are keeping things from you. definately these are in.

Hoth

Endor

Geonosis

Kamino

Tatooine, Mos Eisley

Tatooine, desert

Yavin, Temple

Yavin, ruins

Bespin, platforms

Bespin, Cloud City

Rhen Var, Citadel

Rhen Var, Keep

Kashyyk, docks

Kashyyk, village

Naboo, Theed

Naboo, grassy plains.

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

Using "gay" as a synonym for "dumb" isn't just offensive, it is rude. It's like saying Dude that thing is so Yaeb or that thing is so white guy.

You're kidding right?

Gay =

1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.

3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.

4. Given to social pleasures.

5. Dissolute; licentious.

The word is use not JUST to represent sexual orientation, it was used to display 2,3,4&5 long before it was used to display sexual orientation.

There is nothing offensive about how he used the word.

Originally posted by Blashy

You're kidding right?

Gay =

1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.

3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.

4. Given to social pleasures.

5. Dissolute; licentious.

The word is use not JUST to represent sexual orientation, it was used to display 2,3,4&5 long before it was used to display sexual orientation.

There is nothing offensive about how he used the word.

But he wasn't using "gay" as "cheerful" or "merry." Besides, that meaning of "gay" is quite outdated now. He meant it as a degrading term, i.e. stupid or dumb. Many misguided teens seem to think that anything that's "stupid" or "dumb" is "gay."

But the last thing this thread needs is people arguing over the meaning of "gay." If you want to argue over if stupid things are homosexual, go to The Sliced TaunTaun. On-topic please.

man this thread is turning "gay"

(First things first: For any one who whats this, I made a cool little demo about me playing as the imperials. Here it is for anyone who wants it.)

can i use some of this footage for my new trailer?

EDIT: shadowcat just watched your clips.

great job!

i'd like to steal a few for my newest trailer.

let me know.

I have to admit the demo is really fun! My only complaints are that the classes besides Soldier/sniper seem a little weak, I guess they just require a different strategy than Run N Gun.

There is nothing more frightening than peaking around a tree on Endor and seeing a squad of stormtroops and an AT-ST coming right for you.

On another note, the AT-ST cannons are rediculous.. if you shoot remotely near a character, they get fragged.

Lastly, I admit that I wasn't a big fan of the radar being in the game at first. But in all honesty, it helps the gameplay so much that it is worth it. Also note that when you stand still without firing, you arn't supposed to show up on radar, so you can sneak by.

All in all, it's fun & I can't wait to try out more levels than just endor!

Archived