Home

To all the people who want to be jedi

Azurik12x

just stop!

the jedi wont be in this game and im so happy that they wont be. this game is called BATTLEfront where u are a grunt not a damn jedi. in ep2 mace windu said that they are not soldiers!!!! grunts are soldiers!! im so glad this game wont have jedi and i pray that they dont make an expansion where u r jedi

Originally posted by Azurik12x

this one guy on gamefaqs.com boards said he wouldnt buy this game if he couldnt be a jedi.

Then that's their loss.

IMO, wanting playable Jedi in SWBF is pretty high on the "fanboy" scale. If you want to be a Jedi, go play a game that's based on Jedi. KotOR, Jedi Outcast/Academy, etc. Don't try to ruin SWBF with Jedi fanboyism. SWBF is about playing a grunt in Star Wars battles. Jedi are by no means grunts and nor were they active during the Battle of Hoth, Yavin, Endor, or any other trilogy-era battles. Jedi would only make sense in prequel-era battles (i.e. Geonosis), but the thing is, as Mace said, Jedi are keepers-of-the-peace, not soldiers. They would be VERY difficult to balance as well (think Jedi Academy Siege and MovieBattles II).

Having Luke, Mace, Vader, and Dooku as NPC's should be enough to satisfy the Jedi fanboys.

Yes it is good that there is non- playable jedi in this game cause playing academy SP and MP is enough jedi for me.Probably jedi fanboys will probably put a mod in to make jedi playable but probably only fanboys will download it.

Originally posted by TK-8252

And that'll be a good deal of the community. Half, maybe.

Probably.

lol You should see JK2. Only a 1/3 of the server list has servers with guns. (And thats not including FFA) Im fine both ways. Jedi or no Jedi; however, I bet if they balanced it correctly, people with lightsabers would provide a more entertaining experience. (Jedi, dare I say it) And I bet you if there was no limit too how many people with lightsabers were alloud on one server most people would be. Starwars just isnt Starwars without Jedi/Sith.

In my view, the entire point of the game is to not have Jedi. That's what makes this game unique. OMG A STAR WARS GAME W/O JEDI!!!11!!! Every star wars game has Jedi. the entire purpose and appeal of this one is that you're the common soldier. This is like what I thought Clone Wars would be when it was first announced. I thought you were going to play as a Clone trooper, but nnnooOOOooo. If you want to play as a Jedi, then play Jedi Academy Siege mode.

Oh, and the majority of the star Wars universe doesn't have anything to do with Jedi. The Movies are about the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker. He was a Jedi, as was his son, and that's why Star Wars is seemingly about Jedi. But the universe, the bulk of all battles had nothing to do with half the soldiers running around with lightsabers.

Originally posted by TK-8252

There were no active Sith ever in Star Wars battles.

Actually, in the Battle of Ruusan, there where over 20,000 Sith. I'd say that was plenty of active Sith myself. Though they still where losing untill the reigning Sith Lord released a Force Mind Bomb, which whiped all of the Jedi, and Sith as well out. Trapping there spirits in what would become the Vally of the Jedi.

Originally posted by Master William

I wouldn't mind having Jedi as a playable class, because in the movies you did see a lot of Jedis running around on Geonosis...

You run in to two problems with this statement

1. You want to bring jedi class in the game because you've seen them on ONE map. This could obviously ruin the other maps where you don't see them (or only alone).
  2. Stormtroopers would of course be no match for a jedi (sorry TK). I can't believe you didn't come up with this yourself, so I wonder why you don't have problems with having the jedi as playable class.

Originally posted by Hiroki

Actually, in the Battle of Ruusan, there where over 20,000 Sith. I'd say that was plenty of active Sith myself. Though they still where losing untill the reigning Sith Lord released a Force Mind Bomb, which whiped all of the Jedi, and Sith as well out. Trapping there spirits in what would become the Vally of the Jedi.

force mind bomb? sounds more like DBZ

Anyways, allow me to reiterate the goal of pandemic.

"to bring star wars movie experience"

now, this phrase is often confused with

"to bring star wars extended universe with correct lasers and measures etc experience"

well as it may be a comment on tks post, its kinda irrelevant, since tk is talking about the movies (right?)

Originally posted by Hiroki

Uh, WTF is the Battle of Ruusan? I've never heard of it. I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan and I've never heard the word "Ruusan" ever before. And not to mention that... Ruusan is not in SWBF... so my point is, there were no Sith active during the battles in SWBF.

Originally posted by Mountainforest

You run in to two problems with this statement

1. You want to bring jedi class in the game because you've seen them on ONE map. This could obviously ruin the other maps where you don't see them (or only alone).
  2. Stormtroopers would of course be no match for a jedi (sorry TK). I can't believe you didn't come up with this yourself, so I wonder why you don't have problems with having the jedi as playable class.

Who says we need to have Jedi class on every map? They should only be available on the planets that they were seen in the movies. Geonosis is probably the only one with a lot of Jedis in the movies.

And I'm sure Jedi could be designed in a way to not ruin gameplay, though I'm actually better off without them. But as I said, I wouldn't mind if they were a selectable class either

Archived