Home

Through the Lines

gonyjets

Gufyar breathed heavily as he gave his answer. "I've seen this move lots of times, while I was with the Empire. Though, mostly in space and not on land. We would hyperspace out of there, and then sneak in behind them. Enemies were usually decimated on the spot. This is what they're doing, I'm sure of it."

"We need to evacuate...now. They will be coming. There is only one problem... They have a blockade on the planet. We will have to go through the blockade lines to escape. Some troopers may lose their lives... But we will all die if we stay. Let's start getting everyone evacuated." Gufyar started screaming and yelling for everybody to make it to the transport ships. A couple of well known soldiers would be piloting the front three starfighters...

Solus knew he would be of no help in piloting a starship. He never did care for space travel. He remembers the first time he rode on a Starship. No matter how hard he tried, he could not prevent himself from getting sick. That awful taste in his mouth returns every time he thinks about flying. Painfully aware that flying is a necessity in this war, he cannot help, but to dread it.

Solus left the command center, thinking he could help buy some time. If Gufyar was correct, then we need to start some sort of delaying action. Some people would have to stay behind to protect the evacuation. Solus started placing mines in the ravine behind the command center. This would be the most likely place for AT-ST’s to travel. If we could cause two or three of them to fall here, it may block the path of the remaining AT-ST’s. It would force the Empire to storm the base on foot. This would make the defense much easier.

Archived