Home

xbox version of tsl confirmed for December 2004

Darth333

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya, not that I'm surprised after the wait for K1's PC port. Hopefully the kind folks over at OE will give us a bunch of extra TSL goodies in game (even though none is planned from whats been said at the OE boards), for making us listen to all of the x boxers talk about 'how great this & that & so & so is...'

Damn you LA & Bill Gate$!!! Damn you!!!! :mad:

*edit* Luckily and thanks to Achilles, you can get "18 Wheels of Thunder" to occupy yourself in the meantime ...

Bwahahahahahhahahahahahha!!!!!!!!

It's not so much that it gets it first, but that OE & LA have said when TSL's was 1st publically announced, & in countless interviews that the 2 versions would "be released together". IMO, Bill Gate$' offer was just too good for LA to refuse......

The PC players got the shaft so M$ could sell more X Box's this holiday season....

Originally posted by FiEND_138

It's not so much that it gets it first, but that OE & LA have said when TSL's was 1st publically announced, & in countless interviews that the 2 versions would "be released together". IMO, Bill Gate$' offer was just too good for LA to refuse......

The PC players got the shaft so M$ could sell more X Box's this holiday season....

Well it would be stupid to pass up an oppurtunity like that as a bussinessman.

[persuade] You can admit that the xbox is superior to all platforms.

[persuade fail] No.

[persuade]What if I gave you 500 credits for your trouble?

Originally posted by Hiroki

We are going a bit hard on Bill Gates, he probably didn't even personally decide this. Microsoft is huge, blame one of his execs. ;)

Bill Gates...Microsoft...George Lucas...Lucas Arts...it doesn't matter. They can make it all better right now by stating that either the Xbox Live content is not exclusive and/or the PC version will contain extras. Making the Xbox first AND better is complete BS.

All I have to say on the subject of the "piece of crap Xbox" getting KOTOR:TSL first is THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF TO NO END!!! :(

Originally posted by Achilles

If they're going to make me wait till Feburary, they'd better find a really great way to compensate us.

Sadly, that probably won't happen. Unless their plan is to make different TSL bonus areas/items for either version in a foolish attempt to make us buy both. :eyeraise:

[Rant]

The only way to get to the "liars" at LA is, and I know this would be too difficult for the younger Nintendo Generation, but simply NOT to buy any more LA game(s) they release, since they know that won't ever happen, they will continue to crap on us, and we will continue to have to take it.

[/Rant]

Originally posted by Achilles

Making the Xbox first AND better is complete BS.

Agreed!

*Floats off mumbling something to self about LA and MS and them being "stupid"*

Guys, sometimes you just get ridiculous....

I am sure MS paid them HUGE amounts of money just to get KotOR 2 months earlier, as that will make gamers run out in crowds to buy an Xbox. I mean, they don't have another game that will do that for them, right? Who in his right mind has after all heard of that Halo 2 thingie?

Seriously, you should you happy that Obsidian takes their time for QA on the system that needs a lot more of it. Or would you prefer to get it in dec just to get home and see "Oh ****, there is a incompability with my 2 year old graphics card, it won't work"

From the OE boards....

I didn't find out about the different release dates until a couple days ago. Internally, we've been working on X-Box and PC versions of KotOR2 with the same level of dedication and expected to have both of them ready at the same time.

One of the main reasons that the X-Box version is ahead of the PC version is that we were on the X-Box version for a few months before the PC version of KotOR1 even came out so that we could get the PC version code from Bioware. As a result, the X-Box version has always been a little further along, code-wise, than the PC version. That's one reason why the E3 Demo was on X-Box. Because the X-Box build was the only one presentable by then.

I have my own opinions about why there are two different release dates now, but I'm not going to throw fuel on the fire by going into them. As a mostly PC gamer myself, I was looking forward to the anticipated simultaneous releases.

I'm sorry about the news for PC-only gamers.

-Akari

It's really not... It's more, the simulataneous release hoax is whats getting me all riled up. If LA didn't think it was going to be possible, why did they keep saying/promoting the game like it was going to happen come hell or high water? The damn lucrative X-Ma$ market....:(

The fact I'll most likely have to disconnect myself from most of the boards I frequent lest my game gets spoiled as most of K1 did during the wait for PC. The mods are pretty good about catching the spoilers here before they've done any kind of damage (which sucks for the international mods, having to be subjected to the spoilers to squish them without having played the game.), but there are still those a**holes out there on other boards who spoil, just to be a**holes. So, I guess it's mostly fear of having this adventure 85% spoiled before having purchased the game........ again.

I don't mind at all. Hopefully, I'll be able to play it during the March Break.

From a marketing standpoint, it needs to be serious for them to delay the game. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to release both of them for Christmas and make huge sales? No one.

I'd rather wait two months for a bug free investment.

It's not that I have to wait for the game 2 months longer, it's that the xbox users will have 2 months time to tell me the whole story. Off course when I begin playing I'll tell them that the PC version doesn't have any bugs in it, even if it has. And off course I just have to tell them that Battlefront is so much more fun playing with the double amount of people the PC version has.

Archived